PDA

View Full Version : M4C FL meetup?

WillBrink
09-14-16, 20:39
Seems we have a regular crew of FL based M4C members. I have met at least 2 so far. I propose an FL meetup range day some time. If you're not too kool for school, secret squirrels, or anti social preppers, sound off if you are interested in such an idea.

Averageman
09-14-16, 21:13
Man I would almost drive from Texas for that one.
Florida be damned a chance to meet both Will and Eurodriver at the same event without a cover charge???
What could go wrong?

WillBrink
09-14-16, 21:39
Man I would almost drive from Texas for that one.
Florida be damned a chance to meet both Will and Eurodriver at the same event without a cover charge???
What could go wrong?

Everything, but that's why it would be worth the trip! Free lodgings at my place should you do it.

PatrioticDisorder
09-14-16, 21:42
Where and when? Also any specifics in regards to firearms you'd like to see (NFA stuff, etc)?

Eurodriver
09-14-16, 22:55
I'd be down. Prefer south of Ocala.

I know a place we can shoot south of Orlando depending on how many guys and how many folks have 4x4.

Firefly
09-14-16, 23:06
I would be down, but I am not cleared to shoot anything yet. If it were a few more months out and more off seasony I might could maybe. It'd be great if we could have like a bonfire and play old classic rock. I have a 4x4 but no AT tires (I know I know sue me).

Definitely worth it to hang with Euro (no homo).

I'm always up for shenanigans. I would bring me slutty SR-25(don't ask)

Mr. Goodtimes
09-15-16, 05:09
Id be down for sure. I'm not not an anti social prepper and I have a 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 06:49
Make it PCB and I'll come down for a tramp stamp and a belly button piercing.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 07:46
Where and when? Also any specifics in regards to firearms you'd like to see (NFA stuff, etc)?

The two large outdoor ranges I'm aware of are in the Okeechobee area:

http://www.okcorralgunclub.com/
http://www.okshooting.com/

I have been to the first one. Very nice place, but bit pricy in that first time shooters have to take and pay for their basic safety course to shoot there. They do have group rates. That's about an hour for me and centrally located for those coming from either coast.

Also, The UDT/SEAL museum has it's annual muster Nov 6. WWII, Nam, Korea sections are being redone now and supposed to be open by then, so that could be a good time and there's an excellent indoor range about 30 mins from there. See:

https://www.navysealmuseum.org/30th-annual-navy-seal-muster-and-music-festival-schedule

I can give a group tour and such. Those ranges above about an hour from Museum in Ft Peirce.

I'd be down. Prefer south of Ocala.

I know a place we can shoot south of Orlando depending on how many guys and how many folks have 4x4.

I have a 4x4 capable SUV and could take a few people who dont.

I would be down, but I am not cleared to shoot anything yet. If it were a few more months out and more off seasony I might could maybe. It'd be great if we could have like a bonfire and play old classic rock. I have a 4x4 but no AT tires (I know I know sue me).

Definitely worth it to hang with Euro (no homo).

I'm always up for shenanigans. I would bring me slutty SR-25(don't ask)

Id be down for sure. I'm not not an anti social prepper and I have a 4x4.

Make it PCB and I'll come down for a tramp stamp and a belly button piercing.

Smells like win

firefighter37
09-15-16, 08:02
I would be interested as well, if a date and time could be worked out.

Digital_Damage
09-15-16, 08:07
I would be interested if I'm in town and not commuting for work, I would only ask no pictures. :(

Would need a lift, my ride is no 4x4. Perhaps uber? LULz

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 08:21
I can seat seven , but if any of you are as swoll as Will you will not like the ride. With gear and kit it's more like 4. FWIW, I'm not pushing that location - we can go wherever works. The only thing is there is no running water or electricity and it's a 30min drive to anything so it depends what kind of day everyone wants to have.

FYI - I have street tires and it's a non issue. There's only a few areas of soft sand but even in the rain my 4Runner didn't see more than a few puddles 6" deep.

Will, I do plan on going to the UDT museum sometime. I wasn't really able to go anywhere but whenever I'm free and up that way I'll be there.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 08:29
I would be interested as well, if a date and time could be worked out.

What do you at al think about Nov 6th at SEAL museum? or, 5th shooting, 6th Museum muster? This will be my first muster at the museum but by all accounts, it's a good time.

I would be interested if I'm in town and not commuting for work, I would only ask no pictures. :(

Would need a lift, my ride is no 4x4. Perhaps uber? LULz

If we put cool ninja black bar thingy over your face? PERSEC will be maintained for those who require/request it.

I can seat seven , but if any of you are as swoll as Will you will not like the ride. With gear and kit it's more like 4. FWIW, I'm not pushing that location - we can go wherever works. The only thing is there is no running water or electricity and it's a 30min drive to anything so it depends what kind of day everyone wants to have.

FYI - I have street tires and it's a non issue. There's only a few areas of soft sand but even in the rain my 4Runner didn't see more than a few puddles 6" deep. (Skip to the end of vid for what the *worst part* of the trail is like.)

Will, I do plan on going to the UDT museum sometime. I wasn't really able to go anywhere but whenever I'm free and up that way I'll be there.

I'd lean more toward a full range with the bay for a group if outdoors. Museum wise, wait 'till the updated sections open in late Oct.

Digital_Damage
09-15-16, 08:38
If we put cool ninja black bar thingy over your face? PERSEC will be maintained for those who require/request it.

Acceptable, would need guarantee originals are sanitized(destroyed). Sorry to be the party pooper.

firefighter37
09-15-16, 08:53
Those dates would work for me.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 08:57
Acceptable, would need guarantee originals are sanitized(destroyed). Sorry to be the party pooper.

Easiest thing to do is simply state when pics are taking place and anyone who does not wish to be in them should stand over there.

Digital_Damage
09-15-16, 09:02
Easiest thing to do is simply state when pics are taking place and anyone who does not wish to be in them should stand over there.

story of my life. "stand over there" :( heh

WillBrink
09-15-16, 09:20
story of my life. "stand over there" :( heh

Such is the life of a ninja bro. That's what we have done in groups of LE and such at range days/gatherings where some worked covert (gang units, etc) and couldn't be in pics. Me, don't give a chit as a rule.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 09:20
The last weekend in Oct would work very well for me to go to Okeechobee. The first weekend of Nov would be tougher.

Is this an M4C-only type thing, btw? :ph34r:

WillBrink
09-15-16, 09:31
The last weekend in Oct would work very well for me to go to Okeechobee. The first weekend of Nov would be tougher.

Is this an M4C-only type thing, btw? :ph34r:

If we are talkin' dudes yes. If female, no. I kid!

Matters not to me if no one else cares.

Failure2Stop
09-15-16, 12:17
I shoot a 2-gun match pretty much every month on the third Sunday of the month at Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club, if I'm not out of town.
Could easily get us all on a squad together.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 12:44
I shoot a 2-gun match pretty much every month on the third Sunday of the month at Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club, if I'm not out of town.

Now you tell me! :cool:

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 12:56
I need to convince HH6 to let me move to FL.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 13:07
Sounds like this might really happen. Awesome.

Sent you an email. Might go this weekend. I think Mr Goodtimes goes as well.

Failure2Stop
09-15-16, 13:19

It's a good time, hope to see you guys there.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 13:23

All those in favor of going with F2S idea, say I. I say "I"

That means just narrowing down a date. Depending on where I am, it's a 1-2 hour drive for me. I can house a few in my Ft Peirce place for those who wanna do it in two steps if it's overly long drive. A cook out or something of that nature can be had.

PS, I have never shot a 2 gun match so what ever happens at the match stays at the match, unless I'm not the lowest scorer...

Firefly
09-15-16, 13:24
I need to convince HH6 to let me move to FL.

I've seriously thought about FL along with career change.

But I dunno, I'm used to GA.

Volusia County is a bit of a trek. Just need time, and clearance. If not this one then the next. One day.

I definitely wanna see the SEAL museum. I got to do the Marine and Army one, I just want to see all the far out guns.

The Marine museum simulates getting cussed at when you step on the little foot prints. The Army one rotates exhibits but I got to see when they literally had every AR15 variant the Army ever considered. From the AR-10 to the Survival Rifle to the M-16 carbine. Have pictures on my million year old laptop but I don't know how to photobucket or post pics.

The highlight of Marine museum was the Korea exhibit. The Army one has Vietnam. They no shit simulate Charlie shouting and shooting at you.

At any rate both had like a FATS looking shooting gallery and I assume SEAL museum has one too.

Firefly
09-15-16, 13:26
Also tell me more about 2 gun. IPSC or IDPA style. I can't do anything too far out until after October when/if Doc says I can shoot and be a human again.

Leaveammoforme
09-15-16, 13:33
All those in favor of going with F2S idea, say I. I say "I"

That means just narrowing down a date. Depending on where I am, it's a 1-2 hour drive for me. I can house a few in my Ft Peirce place for those who wanna do it in two steps if it's overly long drive. A cook out or something of that nature can be had.

PS, I have never shot a 2 gun match so what ever happens at the match stays at the match, unless I'm not the lowest scorer...

Quoted for the future. Will wants results posted if he is one of the higher scoring individuals.

Sounds like a good time, not feasible for myself. Have a good time guys.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 13:38
Can we do the third weekend in Oct Re: Jack's idea?

Failure2Stop
09-15-16, 13:42
Also tell me more about 2 gun. IPSC or IDPA style. I can't do anything too far out until after October when/if Doc says I can shoot and be a human again.

More IDPA than USPSA in that you're generally shooting a narrative, and it's "time plus" scoring.
However, most of the rules are biased toward shooting than trying to emulate a gunfight.

Here's some info, and the website: http://www.defensivecarbineclub.com/default.aspx
Basically runs off of USCA rules (USCA actually started out of the FDCC "clubs"), one match is held outside St Augustine and the other outside New Smyrna (VCGHC).
No prize table, so sometimes I'll run gamer gear for big match prep, defensive gear to make sure it works as intended, or just weird shit for giggles.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 13:52
I've seriously thought about FL along with career change.

But I dunno, I'm used to GA.

Volusia County is a bit of a trek. Just need time, and clearance. If not this one then the next. One day.

I definitely wanna see the SEAL museum. I got to do the Marine and Army one, I just want to see all the far out guns.

The Marine museum simulates getting cussed at when you step on the little foot prints. The Army one rotates exhibits but I got to see when they literally had every AR15 variant the Army ever considered. From the AR-10 to the Survival Rifle to the M-16 carbine. Have pictures on my million year old laptop but I don't know how to photobucket or post pics.

The highlight of Marine museum was the Korea exhibit. The Army one has Vietnam. They no shit simulate Charlie shouting and shooting at you.

At any rate both had like a FATS looking shooting gallery and I assume SEAL museum has one too.

No shooting galleries. There's a lot of interactive stuff in the new section and the res of the museum (WWII, Korea, Nam) is currently being totally redone as we speak, so can't tell you what they will contain but I can tell you will be f-ing win. I can't speak for those other museums, but there are things in the SEAL museum that can't be seen anywhere else i the world, such a the actual life boat Captain Phillips go into, bullet holes and all. There are no reproductions in the museum and everything in it used for missions, such as a BlackHawk froom the 160th that's been shot down several times (for reasons still classified) and used for a mission to save a doctor being held hostage in Mogadishu. Etc, etc...

It's not a big museum but it's intel overload dense with cool stuff that rivals any museum I suspect.

WillBrink
09-15-16, 14:02
[/b]

Quoted for the future. Will wants results posted if he is one of the higher scoring individuals.

Sounds like a good time, not feasible for myself. Have a good time guys.

I'm not that big an A hole. As long as I'm not the lowest scoring shooter! :neo:

Can we do the third weekend in Oct Re: Jack's idea?

I think that works for me.

More IDPA than USPSA in that you're generally shooting a narrative, and it's "time plus" scoring.
However, most of the rules are biased toward shooting than trying to emulate a gunfight.

Here's some info, and the website: http://www.defensivecarbineclub.com/default.aspx
Basically runs off of USCA rules (USCA actually started out of the FDCC "clubs"), one match is held outside St Augustine and the other outside New Smyrna (VCGHC).
No prize table, so sometimes I'll run gamer gear for big match prep, defensive gear to make sure it works as intended, or just weird shit for giggles.

Two gun always made far more sense to me and wonder why there's not more of it. Three gun just never interested me personally. I will check out link asap.

firefighter37
09-15-16, 14:36
i am interested, and will try to work my schedule around whenever the most people can go.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 15:17
F2S,

What kind of distances are we shooting? I'm guessing it's pretty close?

Also, is there anything special required? Just show up early, sign in, pay, and shoot?

Really hoping I can make it Sunday!

Failure2Stop
09-15-16, 15:23
F2S,

What kind of distances are we shooting? I'm guessing it's pretty close?

Also, is there anything special required? Just show up early, sign in, pay, and shoot?

Really hoping I can make it Sunday!

3-300 meters.
Nothing special needed, though most seem to forget to bring their zero with them (chuckle chuckle).
It's Florida, so water, sunscreen, and bug juice are good ideas.
There is a Walmart and a few gas stations off 95 on the way to the range, so if you forget anything you can grab it reasonably.

Hope to see you.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 15:27
Looks like the cog is gonna have to come with ;) Thanks.

Failure2Stop
09-15-16, 15:31
Looks like the cog is gonna have to come with ;) Thanks.

Meh, long range is pretty generous. I won a few months ago with an iron-sighted 7.62x39mm AK.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-15-16, 15:41

I'll be there this weekend. I should probably be there in October as well. I gotta check the schedule, I may still be in NC.

Leaveammoforme
09-15-16, 16:01
I'm not that big an A hole. As long as I'm not the lowest scoring shooter! :neo:

I think that works for me.

Two gun always made far more sense to me and wonder why there's not more of it. Three gun just never interested me personally. I will check out link asap.

Nah man, ill attempt at a joke by me. Lower your score is, the better you did and vice versa. Depending on scoring system of course. Like golf for example.

cougar_guy04
09-15-16, 16:15
When I lived in FL the FDCC matches made a lot more sense to me than 3-gun. I'll shoot three gun to shoot more rifle, but when I have the option I shoot as much pistol and rifle as I can to avoid reloading shotguns on the clock. Plus all the gear and ammo I have to carry is a lot heavier and bulkier than my rifle, handgun, and ammo can with loaded mags and ammo. I'd love for them to catch on up here and have tried to persuade the local MDs to give it a run with FDCC or USCA rules. No dice yet but I'm a persistent bastard, we've got quarterly carbine only matches so far, so we're getting there.

Too bad I'm not in FL anymore, this would be a great little get together.

Been there, done that. Showed up to a match one time and the sign in guy asked if I was doing Tac-Ops or Rimfire. When I told him Heavy Metal he asked with what. Told him HK91 and his response was, "I give up trying to guess what off the wall $#!t you're going to show up with."

Firefly
09-15-16, 16:41
2 gun sounds more sensible and interesting.

Cougar brings up something. They should have a retro 80s match where you can bring old 80s assault rifles and modern pistols of the day. Like HK91s and Hi Powers and so on. Either dress up as an 80s guy in day glow neon, a survivalist, or a pastel suit.

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 16:49
Bro, I dress up as an 80s guy daily.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 16:49
They should have matches where overweight good 'ole boys in their 50s don't look at the young dude wearing a polo and J Crew shorts and automatically assume he's some privileged douchebag driving his dad's 4Runner shooting his dad's guns.

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 16:51
Bro, do you even loafers and no socks?

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 16:54
My brokenness has me wearing some pretty sexy New Balances, but even before I was never that guy. I think I went all of 2014 wearing flip flops though. Does that count?

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 17:01
Bro. If I wasn't a tattooed scumbag I'd totally rock the loafers +Polo.

Firefly
09-15-16, 17:11
They should have matches where overweight good 'ole boys in their 50s don't look at the young dude wearing a polo and J Crew shorts and automatically assume he's some privileged douchebag driving his dad's 4Runner shooting his dad's guns.

I tell people like that only God can judge.

I still dress like it is the late 80s, early 90s. I was really into grunge. It was just this time in history where hair metal got stale and all black folks wanted to rap about was killing and doping. So grunge was the greatest counter culture ever. messed up jeans, whatever sneakers or boots, band shirt, cook white out of date bdu pants, and maybe something flannel if cold.

I don't dress Prep but I do not disparage them. Even Zack and Slater were friends

tgizzard
09-15-16, 17:13
Ah! Wish I still lived in FL now. Have a good time, fellas

09-15-16, 17:41
sexy New Balances

Sooooo, you really are an overweight good ol' boy?

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 17:52
Sooooo, you really are an overweight good ol' boy?

Correct. I just make threads like this for fun ;)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?107726-Eating-3500-calories-a-day-to-gain-weight-nothing

SteyrAUG
09-15-16, 18:02

Need to see if I can find my Members Only jacket and Cavaricci's. I know I still have my Ray Ban aviators and polos. Would need to grab some more Brownell's 30 round magazines for my AR-180.

Firefly
09-15-16, 18:05
Need to see if I can find my Members Only jacket and Cavaricci's. I know I still have my Ray Ban aviators and polos. Would need to grab some more Brownell's 30 round magazines for my AR-180.

If this is happening I'm going as 80s Kid. Crazy neon t shirt and shorts, Frogskins, spiked hair, and an SP1 and whatever 80s pistol I can trudge up.

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 18:43
Bro, do you even Thermold, bro?

Bring an Uzi.

Firefly
09-15-16, 18:46
Thermold AR-180 mags are kinda iffy.

I have some Sterling 30s that came with the gun and I am a keepin those.

ETA hell yes bring an UZI

SteyrAUG
09-15-16, 19:00
Thermold AR-180 mags are kinda iffy.

I have some Sterling 30s that came with the gun and I am a keepin those.

ETA hell yes bring an UZI

Depending on the where and when I "might" be able to show.

But I also thought my house was going to be done and listed sometime in July and that hasn't happened yet.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 19:02
Steyr, you not going to the M4C-FL Meet is not an option.

09-15-16, 19:10
Correct. I just make threads like this for fun ;)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?107726-Eating-3500-calories-a-day-to-gain-weight-nothing

Don't change the subject. We need to diagnose why you are wearing those kicks. :nono:

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 19:57
Don't change the subject. We need to diagnose why you are wearing those kicks. :nono:

Because my feet suck

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 20:06
Which one of you D-bags is gonna summon rob_s (aka "Voldemort") up from West Palm?

T2C
09-15-16, 20:12
The wife wants to move to Wellington in a few years when she retires. If any of you come across a club that has a 1,000+ yard rifle range within an hour or two of Wellington, I would appreciate the information.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-15-16, 20:17
Which one of you D-bags is gonna summon rob_s (aka "Voldemort") up from West Palm?

Lmao

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 20:23
The wife wants to move to Wellington in a few years when she retires. If any of you come across a club that has a 1,000+ yard rifle range within an hour or two of Wellington, I would appreciate the information.

I know one that is 3 hours away.

I do not know how to respond to this yet. :lol:

williejc
09-15-16, 20:25
Will somebody please send Fly man a bus ticket so he can get on that big dog with his brown sack of cold fried chicken and roasted sweet taters? :lol:

09-15-16, 20:26

Rob helped a lot of people out before he went sideways.

So, it's you that has to get a hold of him.

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 20:26
Fly man can hitch a ride with his old buddy Outlander.

Official Warning: there will be metal, cigarettes, and Mountain Dew flowing copiously for +/- 5.5 hours.

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 20:27
I actually own an Autographed TYV T-Shirt. Lol

If I can dig it up, I'll start a thread. :dance3:

Rob helped a lot of people out before he went sideways.

So, it's you that has to get a hold of him.

HKGuns
09-15-16, 20:28
I propose when y'all Florigans hook up you subdue Mr. Brink until he agrees to vote for Trump! [emoji52][emoji52]

Firefly
09-15-16, 20:30
Fly man can hitch a ride with his old buddy Outlander.

Official Warning: there will be metal, cigarettes, and Mountain Dew flowing copiously for +/- 5.5 hours.

Well....as long as I can have Pibb and we rotate some Crue and Slayer, I am good.

Outlander Systems
09-15-16, 20:31
Crue's a given. Kerry King is welcome.

Firefly
09-15-16, 20:32
I propose when y'all Florigans hook up you subdue Mr. Brink until he agrees to vote for Trump! [emoji52][emoji52]

I dunno man I saw some of his Youtube and he looks pretty swole

williejc
09-15-16, 20:39
I may have to put on my Fudd suit and come on down. I can pack my Dremel tool, sand paper, and WD-40 and work on Eurodriver's entire gun collection. And Fly man and I can go to a fat chick titty bar. When we get bored, we can give Eurodriver a hot foot on his good foot.

Firefly
09-15-16, 20:52
fat MIDGET chick titty bar

Kain
09-15-16, 20:58
Am I the only one reading this thread thinking, "Yep, this gonna make the news."

Firefly
09-15-16, 21:10
Am I the only one reading this thread thinking, "Yep, this gonna make the news."

I imagine it being a mixture of the movie Go, The Hangover, the training parts of Uncommon Valor, possibly a hint of Goonies, and Revenge of the Nerds II....possibly Porky's.

Kain
09-15-16, 21:31
I imagine it being a mixture of the movie Go, The Hangover, the training parts of Uncommon Valor, possibly a hint of Goonies, and Revenge of the Nerds II....possibly Porky's.

I concur with your assessment.

PatrioticDisorder
09-15-16, 22:54
The two large outdoor ranges I'm aware of are in the Okeechobee area:

http://www.okcorralgunclub.com/
http://www.okshooting.com/

Alright I recently moved to Naples from Miami but that works for me. I have family in Palm Beach County so I can probably take off from there and make it work, just let us know what date... That last weekend in October I believe works for me as well.

SteyrAUG
09-16-16, 00:16
Steyr, you not going to the M4C-FL Meet is not an option.

I would like to go but I would also like to get my house fixed up and listed. Also I'm pretty south of Orlando.

Iraqgunz
09-17-16, 03:42
What part of FL? I am doing a class in Naples in October and finalizing another one near Boca in November.

Seems we have a regular crew of FL based M4C members. I have met at least 2 so far. I propose an FL meetup range day some time. If you're not too kool for school, secret squirrels, or anti social preppers, sound off if you are interested in such an idea.

Iraqgunz
09-17-16, 03:43
Nice. I was just in Naples doing a class in July and am going to be there for 4 days in October doing the armorer course and builder's courses at The Alamo Range.

Alright I recently moved to Naples from Miami but that works for me. I have family in Palm Beach County so I can probably take off from there and make it work, just let us know what date... That last weekend in October I believe works for me as well.

SteyrAUG
09-17-16, 04:02
What part of FL? I am doing a class in Naples in October and finalizing another one near Boca in November.

Wouldn't want it to hinge on me, but I could probably do Boca in November if it happens to work out that way.

Eurodriver
09-17-16, 06:26
I could do Boca in Nov as well.

Is it likely that we can do the Volusia Gun & Hunt Club the 3rd Sunday in Oct? I think I'd be fair in saying F2S, Will, Mr. Goodtimes, myself and....?? could make it.

Outlander Systems
09-17-16, 07:23
Does anyone here have a FB?

Reach out. Extend Olive Branches:

https://m.facebook.com/TacticalYellowVisor/

firefighter37
09-17-16, 07:33
I can do Boca in November if I have about a week in advance notice.

Eurodriver
09-17-16, 08:23

"Show me the trophy or gunfight you won using it"

Damn, Rob_S Still dropping wisdom on the typical tacticool gun owner.

WillBrink
09-17-16, 08:51
Wouldn't want it to hinge on me, but I could probably do Boca in November if it happens to work out that way.

I could do Boca in Nov as well.

Is it likely that we can do the Volusia Gun & Hunt Club the 3rd Sunday in Oct? I think I'd be fair in saying F2S, Will, Mr. Goodtimes, myself and....?? could make it.

I can do Boca in November if I have about a week in advance notice.

I don't have any issues with Boca but don't know what ranges exist there (unless just meeting up for beers or something) and Volusia Gun & Hunt Club a long way from Boca. If F2S can coordinated the Volusia Gun & Hunt Club thing, late Oct is OK. I'd have to give notice at the UDT/SEAL Museum I was not going to be there that Sunday. The two ranges I posed are more centrally located for those coming from Gulf coat if they planned to attended.

Digital_Damage
09-17-16, 10:37
Dafaq... Boca?

5 Hour drive for me.

http://manateegunclub.com/

Seems to be central for most.

Volusia is close too.

SteyrAUG
09-17-16, 15:13

Yeah, I remember getting things "dropped on me" by Rob, even when nobody was asking.

SteyrAUG
09-17-16, 15:14
I don't have any issues with Boca but don't know what ranges exist there (unless just meeting up for beers or something) and Volusia Gun & Hunt Club a long way from Boca. If F2S can coordinated the Volusia Gun & Hunt Club thing, late Oct is OK. I'd have to give notice at the UDT/SEAL Museum I was not going to be there that Sunday. The two ranges I posed are more centrally located for those coming from Gulf coat if they planned to attended.

Again, don't make it hinge on me. Strong likelihood that something could come up last minute and prevent me from going regardless.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-17-16, 19:51

I was away from the forum during the period in which it appears Rob went full retard and destructed but going off his Facebook page, it would appear he has turned into the type of individual that a psychiatrist would describe with a big word (or series thereof) I don't know and can't spell. Narcissistic, sociopath?

I hope for his sake he never has to shoot someone because when the prosecuting attorney gets a hold of that Facebook page and his interwebz posts he/she/it is going to have a field day.

SteyrAUG
09-17-16, 21:26
I was away from the forum during the period in which it appears Rob went full retard and destructed but going off his Facebook page, it would appear he has turned into the type of individual that a psychiatrist would describe with a big word (or series thereof) I don't know and can't spell. Narcissistic, sociopath?

I hope for his sake he never has to shoot someone because when the prosecuting attorney gets a hold of that Facebook page and his interwebz posts he/she/it is going to have a field day.

Not sure what happened with the guy. I actually thought we were friends, we both posted on FSN (a local forum) and I even did a few transfers for him. Seemed nice enough.

Then I joined the defensive carbine club he was running after being encouraged to do so a few times. Then "something" happened. Not sure if I said something he took the wrong way or if he thinks I said something else but all of the sudden I was some kind of jerkoff and started getting endless shit from him, always followed by "just sayin."

Suddenly I was an "old fuddy duddy" who didn't know jack shit about modern shooting and was basically barney fife compared to new shooters.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?87930-The-NEW-Law-Enforcement-Shooting-Method/page4

This resulted in me posting two videos.

One of me shooting a stage set up by Rob at his own carbine club and one of him shooting the exact same stage the same night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRAZJ2yhjhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HR_NBOtcD0

That seemed to get him to stop flipping me shit temporarily but then it was back to "I'm an old asshole who doesn't know what I'm talking about" and Rob knows everything and has a chart to prove it. I finally got sick of taking shit off him and told him where he could take his leg humping.

Unfortunately that happened right after his fiance passed away so the timing certainly could have been better on my part, but I just got sick of it. Pretty sure he pulled the same shit with a lot of other people and eventually he got perm banned.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-19-16, 15:24
M4C FL meetup lite went well. Mr. Goodtimes, F2S and Eurodriver were in attendance at this months match. Lots of fun, lots of homo erotica, and some shooting were had. Hopefully some more of you deplorable Internet creeps can make it out for next months match.

Eurodriver
09-19-16, 15:48
M4C FL meetup lite went well. Mr. Goodtimes, F2S and Eurodriver were in attendance at this months match. Lots of fun, lots of homo erotica, and some shooting were had. Hopefully some more of you deplorable Internet creeps can make it out for next months match.

Im proud to be team power bottoms. Too many dicks on team power tops.

I hope some more folks can come next month. Even if it's not an "official" meet up. I will sew my knees back together or get some pads, so we don't run into anymore issues.

Will - you can do it. It's not too far from you and you can use your forum alias for the score sheet if you don't want your name out there! :)

Falar
09-19-16, 15:52

What the ****. He says "for reals" so many times I can't take that seriously. I wonder if he is a veteran or not with all of that talk? I can't really remember anything about him, it's been so long since I read his posts.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-19-16, 15:56
What the ****. He says "for reals" so many times I can't take that seriously. I wonder if he is a veteran or not with all of that talk? I can't really remember anything about him, it's been so long since I read his posts.

I think he's an engineer for reals

Eurodriver
09-19-16, 16:00
edited

Firefly
09-19-16, 16:36
Homoerotica? Shooting? Mr. Pibb?

I gotta get in on this. As for grammar, I try to be proper but let's just say I could give the blonde girl from Clueless a run for her money. That and inventing my own swears. Buuut...that's a different topic for a different day.

Looks like a good time had by all. I will probably get smoked and outshot but still this must happen

williejc
09-19-16, 20:26
Homoerotica? No fat homo midget boy fruity stories, please. You boys need to mind your manners and stay out of certain places cause you might get crossed up with some homo who put the homo in homicide. Like for REALS. :stop:

djegators
09-20-16, 06:52
Will, sounds like an awesome idea to have a FL meetup. Would LOVE to do so, but I am sure with my solid booked up schedule will be nearly impossible. If nothinf else I wanted to make fun of Euro's attire.

Hmac
09-20-16, 07:05

:lol:

Eurodriver
10-02-16, 20:00
Does anyone think they can make the CFDCC match at VCGHC in two weeks? I will be there rain or shine with a Chinese AK wearing a Jordanian Keffiyah.

Goodtimes, you think you'll be able to make it? Will?

WillBrink
10-02-16, 20:04
Does anyone think they can make the CFDCC match at VCGHC in two weeks? I will be there rain or shine with a Chinese AK wearing a Jordanian Keffiyah.

What's date, times, directions, kit recs, etc? Possible for sure.

firefighter37
10-02-16, 20:32
I am gonna do my best to make it.

Eurodriver
10-03-16, 03:54
Awesome!

What's date, times, directions, kit recs, etc? Possible for sure.

Sunday, Oct 16th
Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club
4845 Florida 44, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

The following comes from an email from F2S:

Stages pretty much never need more than 2 reloads of rifle or pistol.

If you get there at 9 you’ll be safe.
When you drive into the range, just follow the entry road all the way into the bays, there will be an RV on the right that serves as check-in.
I think it’s $20 for the match, usually lasts until a little after noon.

I don’t think I’ve ever needed more than 100 rounds of rifle and pistol, but I usually only shoot stage minimums.

If you've got the ability to carry 2 rifle/pistol mags, a carbine and a pistol, ear pro and eye pro you can do the match easily.

I wore a battle belt and it was way overkill. (Although you can wear, and I saw guys wearing, a PC if you have huge balls and are immune to heat ;))

cbx
10-03-16, 10:42
Looks like fun. I'd be there if I could.

Failure2Stop
10-03-16, 16:14

I will be there unless my return flight is delayed.

Firefly
10-03-16, 16:20
I gotta get down on this once health, money, time permits.

WillBrink
10-10-16, 10:03
As the official meet up has not been pinned down, can I suggest the annual muster at the SEAL Museum? The museum WWII/Korea/Nam sections are being renovated right now and will be open end of this month. Muster dates are below and could kill various birds with one buck shot so to speak:

https://www.navysealmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2016-Muster-Poster-Working-h.jpg

Eurodriver
10-14-16, 18:48
I am moving that weekend but may be able to make it that Sunday.

WillBrink
10-14-16, 19:02
I am moving that weekend but may be able to make it that Sunday.

Cool. I can put a few people up for the night if anyone needs it.

WillBrink
10-19-16, 11:46
No love for my idea above?

Eurodriver
11-13-16, 15:35
Sucks this hasn't gained any traction. I want to meet you dudes.

I'm also going to put this here... :ph34r:

http://www.defensivecarbineclub.com/matchresults.aspx

WillBrink
11-13-16, 15:52

That sounds like a good time. Saint Augustine is way the hell up there but on my list of places to see in FL. No one seemed like like my idea at all. BTW, all renovated sections of the museum are now open and a damn fine job they did too.

Eurodriver
11-13-16, 16:00
That sounds like a good time. Saint Augustine is way the hell up there but on my list of places to see in FL. No one seemed like like my idea at all. BTW, all renovated sections of the museum are now open and a damn fine job they did too.

I'm down with it. Are you still there Sundays? I've just been bouncing all over the southern half of FL the last few weeks, but I'm gonna be in your AO the next few months.

WillBrink
11-13-16, 17:00
I'm down with it. Are you still there Sundays? I've just been bouncing all over the southern half of FL the last few weeks, but I'm gonna be in your AO the next few months.

Yes, still on the Sunday schedule.

Mr. Goodtimes
11-13-16, 23:53

Nice shootin brolonda!

Eurodriver
11-14-16, 11:39
Nice shootin brolonda!

You too man!

We've gotta start practicing. Jack just walks all over everyone :) Not on my watch!

Does anyone think they could make it to this weekends match? Glorious weather!

TheChunkNorris
11-14-16, 11:56
Guess I'll wait for part 2 of this meeting... I'm gone until August of next year *sadface*.

HKGuns
11-14-16, 12:35
Didn't y'all cause a hurricane last time you tried this?

That's called a clue!

Failure2Stop
11-14-16, 13:30
You too man!
We've gotta start practicing. Jack just walks all over everyone :) Not on my watch!

That's the best thing about shooting 7.62, even when I lose I still win my division, hahaha.
I should be there this Sunday.
Miiiight shoot 5.56 though...

Mr. Goodtimes
11-14-16, 14:32
You too man!

I should be there but i may have to work. Gonna see if I can take leave.

WillBrink
01-29-17, 16:44
FYI, just noticed the Okeechobee Shooting sports has 2 gun if anyone is interested as semi central location. They also have IDPA. Never shot two gun myself, but wanted to. Anyone shot their 2 gun? Used to shoot IDPA pretty regularly, but been a while:

http://www.okshooting.com/2-gun/

T2C
01-29-17, 22:02
I'll be in Ocala for the weekend with the wife looking at real estate. Sneaking off to shoot a match would not be unexpected, but much unappreciated.

Keep us updated on matches Will. If I am down that way later this Spring, I would be interested in a match.

agr1279
01-30-17, 15:16
I live in Marion County. Before you buy shoot me a PM and I'll give you the run down of the area you are looking at.

Eurodriver
04-29-17, 06:29
So is this going down? Now that busy season is over I can make the Volusia County 2 Gun shoot May 20th.

Eurodriver
08-17-17, 20:41
Met up with GTF425 and Outlander Systems and Firefly today. Good people in Georgia and they are down to visit FL. Can we get a FL meetup going finally?

Firefly
08-18-17, 02:21
Met up with GTF425 and Outlander Systems and Firefly today. Good people in Georgia and they are down to visit FL. Can we get a FL meetup going finally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1I4q6lOpo

jpmuscle
08-18-17, 02:45
Totally bummed I missed this..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GTF425
08-18-17, 07:47
Totally bummed I missed this..

Getcho ass down to ATL.

Outlander Systems
08-18-17, 08:31
Bring mosquito head nets.

Eurodriver
08-18-17, 11:18
Getcho ass down to ATL.

+1 Definitely need JP for moral support when surrounded by narcos in Vine City.

(Everyone reading this is going to think I'm kidding...)

jpmuscle
08-18-17, 12:49
+1 Definitely need JP for moral support when surrounded by narcos in Vine City.

(Everyone reading this is going to think I'm kidding...)I gotch you bro, I gotch you!!

Alex V
08-18-17, 15:44
Gonna be in Orlando in October ;) lol

Eurodriver
08-18-17, 16:42
Gonna be in Orlando in October ;) lol

That's no fooling really close to the FLAGASUT-GO training area.

Acronym means: Florida Georgia Small Unit Tactics - Glocks Only

Can't risk you dropping a P320 and shooting us or having a malfunctioning VP9 wasting range time or missing all of the targets with an M&P.

ETA: Because it wasn't clear from the post - we have access to land south of Orlando if our schedules link up while you're here we could definitely go out. Lesser brand pistols are allowed but we will rib ya a bit ;)

jpmuscle
08-18-17, 17:22
I may be in Miami for work in the not to distant future so I'll see if I can swing something

sandman99and9
08-19-17, 10:17
fat MIDGET chick titty bar

You had me at " Fat Midget Chick " :)

S.M.

Outlander Systems
08-19-17, 11:31
https://outlandersystemssite.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/img_0608.jpg

Eurodriver
08-19-17, 12:28
What a bunch of hipster millenials.

08-19-17, 12:35
Need to take a trip to FL in the next couple of months to finish up taking care of father's estate. Going to visit several college friends and willl be criss-crossing the state. Miami to St.Aug. I'm in if can coordinate dates with wife, kids, life.

Outlander Systems
08-19-17, 18:03
If Firefly was the responding officer, I'd prone myself out and put the cuffs on for him.

#NotResistingArrest

What a bunch of hipster millenials.

Alex V
08-19-17, 18:28
That's no fooling really close to the FLAGASUT-GO training area.

Acronym means: Florida Georgia Small Unit Tactics - Glocks Only

Can't risk you dropping a P320 and shooting us or having a malfunctioning VP9 wasting range time or missing all of the targets with an M&P.

ETA: Because it wasn't clear from the post - we have access to land south of Orlando if our schedules link up while you're here we could definitely go out. Lesser brand pistols are allowed but we will rib ya a bit ;)

lol we already plan on visiting the Navy SEAL museum. Might see Will there [works there? Not sure]. Depending on temperature I'll either be carrying a G19 or M&P Shield. If it's too warm I can't hide a G19 on me with my right preppy Jersey Shore cloths.

Outlander Systems
08-19-17, 18:49
Unless it's changed, Florida is a mandatory concealment state.

:p

Every time I go, I have to leave my OC AR15 pistol holster back home.

lol we already plan on visiting the Navy SEAL museum. Might see Will there [works there? Not sure]. Depending on temperature I'll either be carrying a G19 or M&P Shield. If it's too warm I can't hide a G19 on me with my right preppy Jersey Shore cloths.

Alex V
08-19-17, 19:55
Unless it's changed, Florida is a mandatory concealment state.

:p

Every time I go, I have to leave my OC AR15 pistol holster back home.

Too bad Disney and Universal are non-permissive and that's where we will be most of the time. :-(

Outlander Systems
08-19-17, 20:11
Cough Glock 43 Vanguard Cough.

Kidding. I don't know about Florida but "No Guns Allowed" doesn't carry legal weight in GA outside of .gov and churches.

Too bad Disney and Universal are non-permissive and that's where we will be most of the time. :-(

Alex V
08-19-17, 21:11
Cough Glock 43 Vanguard Cough.

Kidding. I don't know about Florida but "No Guns Allowed" doesn't carry legal weight in GA outside of .gov and churches.

lol

I apendix carry but even so, I am told the parks have metal detectors. No way around it :-(

Eurodriver
08-19-17, 21:57
lol

I apendix carry but even so, I am told the parks have metal detectors. No way around it :-(

They do. You will be wanded.

I wear preppy Jersey Shore clothes too and a 43 is barely concealable, usually in my pocket, but it beats wearing a graphic tee and 5.11s

OH NO HE DIINT

1_click_off
08-19-17, 22:00
lol

Just went a couple months ago. Yes they have metal detectors now. You get randomly selected to be sent through it. About 3 years ago they started adding them, now the risk of being caught would be too high. I would assume you would be asked to leave and get a lifetime ban. I brought my Al Mar SERE and they made me go outside magic kingdom and rent a locker to store it in. Took name and wrote a report. I asked why they needed name and they stated it was for it to be on record for any repeat offenses. So I got my hand slapped by the mouse.

Metal detector did not pick up my knife, the security guard spotted the clip. He had a real scientific way to determine the blade was 1/8" too long. He pulled out his wallet and said it is longer than his wallet was wide.

I don't think the detectors are set very sensitive.

SteyrAUG
08-20-17, 01:20
They do. You will be wanded.

One more reason I'm unassing out of Florida. I understand they probably think they are preventing terrorist attacks but it's sad that it has come to that. Having to disarm to go on "Pirates of the Caribbean" just isn't worth it anymore and I'm probably too damn old for Space Mountain. Of course I still remember E tickets.

Alex V
08-20-17, 12:48
Exactly. I just don't want to cause a problem. For you guys carrying is an everyday thing, for me it's only when I leave NJ and not every state either (damn South Carolina!)

My wife has never been to Disney and this is one of her gifts for going back to school and graduating as a Dental Hyegienist. The last thing I need is to be banned from the park before she ever seems it. Looking $800 on tickets will suck as well. I'll suck it up and leave the gun in the car or hotel safe.

Does anyone know if the have metal detectors at Downtown Disney? I know they changed the name, can't remember what the new name is.

1_click_off
08-20-17, 19:12
Alex V

pm sent