PDA

View Full Version : KMR Gripe

MWAG19919
09-15-16, 12:57
I've been checking out slings because my rifle doesn't still doesn't have one, and I noticed something upsetting about the KMR: no sling attachment points. How in the hell does BCM put 3 QD points on their complete lower as well as a slot for a strap, yet not one QD hole on the KMR?!

Now I'm going to have to spend $20 to purchase a gunfighter QD mount that should be integral to the rail in the first place. I see that the KMR-A kits come with the mount, but I've got a complete upper with the magnesium rail and it didn't come with one.

misfit47
09-15-16, 13:04
Never mind

MWAG19919
09-15-16, 13:06
It comes with a qd socket in hardware baggie.

Not mine. Mine only came with the picatinny section. I bought a complete upper, not a KMR kit.

misfit47
09-15-16, 13:09
Shoot them an email or call.

Coal Dragger
09-15-16, 13:12
A separate QD socket gives you more flexibility in where to mount it. I like sling coverage on as much rifle as possible for example so I placed the front sling cup all the way forward. BCM are not mind readers, so they offer a customizable solution for the end user. It's only $20...

WickedWillis
09-15-16, 13:16
Never mind

I did not get one when I ordered a KMR kit.

MWAG19919
09-15-16, 13:25
Shoot them an email or call.

I won't make them bend over backwards to please me. I don't expect them to give me freebies for something I failed to notice. The KMR is a great product from a great company and I'll continue to support them. I'm just annoyed that my dad's old DD quad rail has 4 QD points and my much newer rail has none. I get the flexibility thing, but I'd happily sacrifice the first keymod slot at 3:00 and 9:00 for an integral QD. I haven't heard/seen anyone mention this when talking about KMRs so I was more or less pointing it out.

Had I known about it I would've ordered the GF QD mount when I bought the upper instead of paying separate shipping. Guess now I've got an excuse to buy keymod panels too!

P2000
09-15-16, 13:55
Or you can skip the qd and go with a Proctor sling. http://www.wayofthegun.us/black-proctor-sling/

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

misfit47
09-15-16, 14:08
It wasn't supposed to include one? I thought it did, which is why I suggested contacting them.

MWAG19919
09-15-16, 14:12
It wasn't supposed to include one? I thought it did, which is why I suggested contacting them.

The KMR-Alpha kits and upper receiver groups include it, but not the original KMR it seems.

Eurodriver
09-15-16, 16:09
I thought the kmr came with one as well.

Still. I really prefer the added piece to suit your needs better than having an extra 1 or 3 Qd sockets adding weight for no benefit. Because you can't just put one on if you are integrating it into the rail. Gotta accommodate lefties and the folks who like them close and far and on top and backwards and ....

hotrodder636
09-15-16, 16:15
I did not get one with mine either. I have one of the earlier models (not the alpha model).

I prefer the ability to choose exactly where I mounted my QD socket for my personal sling preference.

I did not get one when I ordered a KMR kit.

To the OP; if you are into the gun-sport, $20 is a drop in the bucket... :big_boss:

MegademiC
09-15-16, 18:45
I've been checking out slings because my rifle doesn't still doesn't have one, and I noticed something upsetting about the KMR: no sling attachment points. How in the hell does BCM put 3 QD points on their complete lower as well as a slot for a strap, yet not one QD hole on the KMR?!

Now I'm going to have to spend $20 to purchase a gunfighter QD mount that should be integral to the rail in the first place. I see that the KMR-A kits come with the mount, but I've got a complete upper with the magnesium rail and it didn't come with one.

You posted a rant complaining about $20? I'm pretty sure they were open about what does and does not come on their equipment.

jackblack73
09-15-16, 22:34
I don't have a KMR, but I have a MI rail with 5 built in QD mounts. I wish it had 0. Then I wouldn't have 4 QD mounts I never use, and perhaps the M-LOK slot could be positioned a little more forward so I could move my light up.

joeyjoe
09-15-16, 23:01
My original KMR rail did not come with a QD mount. My recently purchased KMR-A upper DID come with a BCM QD mount. Just my experience. I think its now standard operating procedure for BCM to include their QD mount with KMR-A orders.

t15
09-16-16, 00:18
Your dad can't mount a light at 3 and 9 o'clock as far forward as you can on any of the 8 mounting surfaces on your new kmr.

I think your also missing how thin the kmr is, there is no material to machine a qd cup into...

I think bcms solution is ideal, elegant, and unquestionably the best on the market.

Not even the mighty mlok can get a qd cup as low profile as bcms keymod, as the mlok slot cannot fit the diameter of a qd. When you get your mount, reply back and let us know what you think.

abso
09-16-16, 01:04
Neither of my kmrs came with qd points. They are pretty cheap though

Iraqgunz
09-16-16, 01:34
Was BCM contacted about this before the small internet rampage?