PDA

View Full Version : Military Arms Channel uploaded a pretty shameless smear of a Knight's Armament can.

BallisticHarmony
09-16-16, 21:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7AS03xJVc&list=WL&index=2

My thoughts:

He clearly does not like KAC. He wouldn't even say their actual name, not once. The first thing I took issue with, aside from that, was right off the bat telling everyone the price, which he rarely does in his videos and immediately alienates everyone watching. Then, he tests it for decibel readings, making no mention of how well it retains zero or what the can was actually designed for. It certainly was not built around the most noise reduction possible; it was intended for military applications which required durability, accuracy and fully automatic sustained fire.

Next, he tries to discredit its outer coating by firing 90 rounds and then checking the finish. Unfortunately for the him there was no flaking whatsoever, but to save face he claimed that eventually, the Cerakote would crack off. Which he didn't pursue long enough to find out.

Then, he even shot the can without any ear pro, and admitted that it sounded fine and his ears weren't ringing. In yet another attempt to salvage the video, he claims he already has bad hearing so he isn't a good test subject. Well great science there, man.

So to summarize, the can had no issues, the coating held up after continuous fire, it didn't ring his ears and is technically hearing-safe, and it's lightweight and compact. But what's the problem? Oh yeah, it's expensive and Knight's doesn't give guns to YouTubers.

I love the audacity of Tim to comment on the price of the can. This is a man who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on infrared optics and other ridiculous "enhancements" to his guns. I suspect he's sunk over 10 grand in his SCAR-H alone. Not to mention his HK collection, talk about overpriced. Of course his fan base was quick to echo his opinions and labeled KAC as an overhyped bandwagon company, probably because they suck at saving money.

Love to hear all your thoughts on this.

MOLON AABE
09-16-16, 21:25
Sounds like you don't like someone elses opinion.
I had already seen his video before your post. I know KAC'S reputation is stellar, and have seen first hand the durability of its products. Still doesn't mean everyone is going to cream their pants when they review one or try one out for the first time.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

tostado22
09-16-16, 21:31
This is more a smear of him than his video was of KAC. He gives them credit where it's due. Robust build and solid mounting system.

Everyone knows KAC cans don't have the lowest db reading. No one will make a supersonic 5.56 Hollywood quiet. But we all know the internet drools over db readings, no matter the purpose behind a can.

Uprange41
09-16-16, 21:51
Facebook is that way ---->

Long Range Trigger Monkey
09-16-16, 21:56
I agree, it seemed like a balanced piece much like many of his previous videos. He bagged on his HK VP9 when it choked. He didn't favor the Knight's can move on.
This is like the time a guy I knew got pissed because FN wouldn't sell him just a barreled action at below dealer cost and called me raging about it expecting me to get upset too.

MountainRaven
09-16-16, 22:02
Facebook is that way ---->

Yeah. Sounds like just another somebody getting his butt chaffed by a MAC video and hoping to convince the villagers to bring out their pitch forks and torches.

Seems like there's a lot of that going around lately.

el_chupo_
09-16-16, 22:17
Go to about 8:30 in, he says:

This thing is right at the threshhold of being hearing safe, so it is giving you suppression, it is doing its job. its a very small can, 17 oz, fairly light, but there are cans on the market that give you better sound suppression. So at its $1432 price, I cant say its the best value on the market, but it looks like a very solid, robust suppressor. Small, fairly lightweight, certainly well made. But if your looking for the best Db readings, best suppression, this isnt going to be your best can guys.

For your other points - who cares if he says Knights Armament Corp? I dont say it when I talk to people - I usually just say "knights" unless someone doesnt know what they are.

Cerakote - It does not hold up to lots of heat. Its a known thing. It regularly gets brought up with cans. And he doesnt downplay the coating, he says painted on finishes dont last with lots of volume... He says

i'm going to run 3 mags of 30 rds through it back to back, through the rifle, through the can to see how it holds up. MOST finishes Ive seen applied to suppressors simply cant handle 3 or 4 or 5 mags, the finish starts to cook off. Thats just the nature of any type of painted on type finish, including Cerakote.

And then after he says that most of his other cans are missing finish, as a way to say it happens to all of them.

And your last point is that he is just mad cause it costs too much, then whine about how much money he has for guns and gear, and how much he spends.

Lets be honest - most people care about number readings. He reviews for the general public. Therefore, if a can isnt the quietest, and is the most expensive, it probably isnt going to be a big seller to the general public.

KAC and Surefire cans are not the best sellers because of the cost, and lack of number chasing. Anyone who has a few cans knows the score, and can tell you the reasons to buy one of those, and the reasons people buy others.

And on top of that, he says he would recommend the can, as it looks good and does its job, and it is hearing safe.

Time to unbunch the panties and not worry about if he agrees with your KAC can choice.

BallisticHarmony
09-16-16, 22:31
I'd like to apologize to the forum for getting heated. I can't even buy cans in my state so this was silly. I'm just sick and tired of people bashing companies for dumb reasons.

vicious_cb
09-16-16, 22:31
Seemed like a pretty fair and balanced review to me. Its not like he's making unsupported claims or anything.

Stickman
09-16-16, 23:22
Yeah. Sounds like just another somebody getting his butt chaffed by a MAC video and hoping to convince the villagers to bring out their pitch forks and torches.

Seems like there's a lot of that going around lately.

I think it all started when he began wearing military Colonel markings while talking about his time in the USMC. He got called out on it pretty hard for playing fake Col, but some people have long memories. I'm aware of his "Kentucy Col" award, but that association makes it very clear it is not a military rank, nor should military rank be implied with it.

Eurodriver
09-17-16, 05:38
If I were a Youtube dude all I would do is say inflammatory comments to generate clicks.

Literally, that's all I would do. How much money did this thread generate for that guy?

MOLON AABE
09-17-16, 09:16
I think it all started when he began wearing military Colonel markings while talking about his time in the USMC. He got called out on it pretty hard for playing fake Col, but some people have long memories. I'm aware of his "Kentucy Col" award, but that association makes it very clear it is not a military rank, nor should military rank be implied with it.

I don't ever recall him suggesting or implying he was somehow a USMC Colonel. The Kentucky Colonel rank is fairly well known especially in the Midwest, which is where Tim is from.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

BBossman
09-17-16, 15:31
If I were a Youtube dude all I would do is say inflammatory comments to generate clicks.

Literally, that's all I would do. How much money did this thread generate for that guy?

As this thread demonstrates you don't even need to say anything inflammatory, simply make honest but neutral comments and you'll send the fans that are emotionally attached to a brand or product into fits for not declaring something the greatest ever.

Of the YouTubers out there, I tend to watch most of the videos submitted by MAC and Mr. G&G simply for the wide variety of products they demonstrate and their production quality is FAR better than guys who review things from their bedroom on a webcam.

Nocalsocal
09-17-16, 16:29
Been watching him over the years and the only thing he pushes is his retail store. I've always found him pretty neutral in his reviews. And not really pushing the whole "price equals reliability" aspect we like to think is true.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cbx
09-17-16, 18:41
MAC is solid channel over all. His petra video had some nice footage.

The piston suppresor video was lame because he had the di gun undergassed to the point of no lock back.

But other than that, I enjoy and subscribe.

thebarracuda
09-17-16, 19:00
MAC and Mr. G&G both have great channels. I respect their opinions.

firefighter37
09-17-16, 21:06
All that video really did was show that he is a DB chaser, just like everyone else on facebook.

SC-Texas
09-17-16, 23:16
Interesting. Metered louder than I expected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus
09-18-16, 00:05
People always tent to look to the numbers to see how a can sounds... because we're not there. It's not perfect, but it does give you a ballpark guess as to what can is more quiet. It takes being there to determine how it sounds to you. This video seems to just be a guy giving his opinion. I like videos like this. You watch several videos on the same subject by different guys, and you get a better idea of what the product is like.

I love that he stated the price. Every single time I see something cool that I like, my first question is is this something I could afford if I wanted one. This one is a bit pricey, but I'm betting it's a great can. This is the first review I've seen on it so far. I'm looking at a Surefire for my first, as I really like their brakes they mount on. It will be a while before I can really afford to throw down decent suppressor money, but it's always good to see reviews until then.

eodinert
09-18-16, 02:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7AS03xJVc&list=WL&index=2

He clearly does not like KAC. He wouldn't even say their actual name, not once.

Good thing he put it in big letters across the screen.

I was expecting a hit piece, but found a fair and balanced review. As my Brit friends would say, 'I have no idea what you're on about'.

Mongo
09-18-16, 09:16
You are not going to get great dB reduction on a can that is designed more for compact size and durability than for sound reduction. I think his comments were fair concerning price given the average civilian consumer is more worried about price and dB than knuckle dragging proof and size. On top of that, KAC has never been accused of being price competitive with any one else. Given those factors, Tim's review was definitely geared for the civilian end consumer that is price conscious which most likely the majority of his viewers are.

scottryan
09-19-16, 08:48
That is his worst performance I've seen as far as not being objective.

st381183
09-19-16, 09:00
If one doesn't like the content one can always choose not to watch. MAC markets his reviews to a mass audience and to say that he objects to anything because of price is wrong. MAC has very high end firearms and many, many cans. Now, most shooters in the civilian market aren't in a war zone where an expensive shorter can is preferable to a cheaper, longer, quieter can. $1400 for a can when I can buy a Rugged Surge 7.62, and the stamp for $1200, well I can do the math. dB's aren't everything but for a fat guy sitting at home trying to do research it is the only objective measure to judge which can is better. Even then dB's depend on the environment. I will continue to watch MAC because I enjoy the content and I respect his opinion. To those who have a KAC can and feel bad because your YouTube hero wasn't more into it, I say chill out. It's one man's opinion and I don't see KAC going out of business.

scottryan
09-19-16, 15:21
If one doesn't like the content one can always choose not to watch. MAC markets his reviews to a mass audience and to say that he objects to anything because of price is wrong. MAC has very high end firearms and many, many cans. Now, most shooters in the civilian market aren't in a war zone where an expensive shorter can is preferable to a cheaper, longer, quieter can. $1400 for a can when I can buy a Rugged Surge 7.62, and the stamp for $1200, well I can do the math. dB's aren't everything but for a fat guy sitting at home trying to do research it is the only objective measure to judge which can is better. Even then dB's depend on the environment. I will continue to watch MAC because I enjoy the content and I respect his opinion. To those who have a KAC can and feel bad because your YouTube hero wasn't more into it, I say chill out. It's one man's opinion and I don't see KAC going out of business.

This issue is this review skirts the edge of being dishonest; and continues to perpetuate the myth that sound reduction is the most important factor when buying a silencer.

mtdawg169
09-19-16, 15:35
All that video really did was show that he is a DB chaser, just like everyone else on facebook.
This pretty much sums it up. Comparing the QDC to the Recce cans has no purpose outside of DB ratings. The QDC, much like the Surefire cans, were designed for an entirely different purpose. And IMHO, if you're going to do suppressor reviews, you should understand that any can will offer pros and cons. Whether it's sound reduction, durability, the mounting system, POI shift, or cost, the buyer has to decide which features are important to them and why.

firefighter37
09-19-16, 19:47
This pretty much sums it up. Comparing the QDC to the Recce cans has no purpose outside of DB ratings. The QDC, much like the Surefire cans, were designed for an entirely different purpose. And IMHO, if you're going to do suppressor reviews, you should understand that any can will offer pros and cons. Whether it's sound reduction, durability, the mounting system, POI shift, or cost, the buyer has to decide which features are important to them and why.

It appears that most people on YouTube fail to grasp these concepts

This issue is this review skirts the edge of being dishonest; and continues to perpetuate the myth that sound reduction is the most important factor when buying a silencer.

My thoughts exactly.

The problem I saw with this video, is that even if the can were perfect in every other way, because it metered higher than others, it was automatically trashed. I bet if it was $800, he would still have said it was not worth it.

Renegade
09-19-16, 20:05
Never heard anyone call Knights "Cack". Does he call AAC "A-Ack", or SWR "Swir" maybe "Sif" for Surefire? :-)

First time for everything.

MichaelVain
09-19-16, 20:33
His review was poorly conducted and not scientific. I called him out for not mentioning POI shift at all and he claimed that none of his cans have any POI shift.

That statement alone speaks volumes of his "testing" methods. Essentially, he is claiming his cans don't have to adhere to the law of physics.

A silencer's "loudness" to the ear has alot to do with tone and depth of the sound. While dB is a factor, the way it sounds to the ear is what most people care about.

He seems to love Griffin though, so maybe he afflicted with the same condition.

firefighter37
09-19-16, 20:52
His review was poorly conducted and not scientific. I called him out for not mentioning POI shift at all and he claimed that none of his cans have any POI shift.

That statement alone speaks volumes of his "testing" methods. Essentially, he is claiming his cans don't have to adhere to the law of physics.

A silencer's "loudness" to the ear has alot to do with tone and depth of the sound. While dB is a factor, the way it sounds to the ear is what most people care about.

Or maybe he or his retail store is somewhat compensated by Griffin... Either way, his channel has always been pretty good in my opinion, I just think he blew it with this one. I have watched some of his other suppressor videos, and the two datum points he always emphasizes are price and DBs. DBs are great on subsonic rounds, but centerfire supersonic rifle cartridges are all loud.

Some people just don't get it.

jesuvuah
09-19-16, 21:15
It was a simple review based on his opinion. I thought it was perfectly fair. And I often pronounce acronyms by how they sound. But hey, no one pissed in my Cheerios yet today so I am not getting upset over a YouTube video

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

JPB
09-19-16, 21:19
Seemed like a fair evaluation of an overpriced under performing can. Decibels do matter, it's called a "silencer". It may not be the only metric, and the can is likely optimized in other areas (mil reqmts), but to dismiss decibels as a relevant metric is silly. Just use a flash hider then. If you're going to add all of that length and weight, it better be doing something. The M4-2000 (also a mil issued can) is all inconel, meters in the high 120 dBs, and can be had for $650 with muzzle device.

I've heard tons of people call Knights "cack".

mtdawg169
09-19-16, 21:27
Seemed like a fair evaluation of an overpriced under performing can. Decibels do matter, it's called a "silencer". It may not be the only metric, and the can is likely optimized in other areas (mil reqmts), but to dismiss decibels as a relevant metric is silly. Just use a flash hider then. If you're going to add all of that length and weight, it better be doing something. The M4-2000 (also a mil issued can) is all inconel, meters in the high 120 dBs, and can be had for $650 with muzzle device.

Speaking as an M42K owner, the poi shift, blowby and mounting system suck.

Jewell
09-19-16, 21:28
I think you're looking too hard into it, and seeing what you want to see.

mtdawg169
09-19-16, 21:41

I think it's pretty obvious that his only metrics are price vs db.

Or maybe he or his retail store is somewhat compensated by Griffin... Either way, his channel has always been pretty good in my opinion, I just think he blew it with this one. I have watched some of his other suppressor videos, and the two datum points he always emphasizes are price and DBs. DBs are great on subsonic rounds, but centerfire supersonic rifle cartridges are all loud.

Some people just don't get it.

I don't know if I'd go so far as accusing him of being "bought" by Griffin. I think it's just obvious that he doesn't care about or isn't aware of the different parameters considered when designing a suppressor. Cans designed for robustness, secure mounting and that allow for a margin of error when issued to service members, are wholly different from cans designed for consumers that don't look far past sound reduction and cost. And I don't think that's even on his radar.

You assume that cans primarily designed for .mil contracts place priority on db reduction. They aren't. There's a reason that KAC and Surefire cans are louder than the competition on a meter. They have to be below a certain level, while also meeting several other requirements. Additionally, the "tone" can greatly influence the perceived loudness to the ear. And even the older M4QD has a nice tone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JPB
09-19-16, 22:32
I

You assume that cans primarily designed for .mil contracts place priority on db reduction. They aren't. There's a reason that KAC and Surefire cans are louder than the competition on a meter. They have to be below a certain level, while also meeting several other requirements. Additionally, the "tone" can greatly influence the perceived loudness to the ear. And even the older M4QD has a nice tone.

I absolutely do not think that military users place a priority on dB reduction. That's why I said that the can was likely optimized in other areas to meet military requirements. The performance of KAC and SF cans clearly illustrate this. I just think that it's interesting that folks who prefer these brands like to label everyone who cares about dBs as "dB chasers" because SF and KAC cans perform poorly in this area. Pure fanboyism, nothing more. SF and KAC make quality products, but this is a case where the commercial market's needs may not be consistent with the mils. Say, is that an E3 bolt head in your avatar..? Common man, you couldn't be more transparent.

The M4-2000 is still one of the benchmark cans in 5.56. Haven't had any of the problems you've taken issue with, though I've never had to shoot my SF can off its mount either.

As Mongo alluded to, everything is a trade.

mtdawg169
09-19-16, 23:14
I absolutely do not think that military users place a priority on dB reduction. That's why I said that the can was likely optimized in other areas to meet military requirements. The performance of KAC and SF cans clearly illustrate this. I just think that it's interesting that folks who prefer these brands like to label everyone who cares about dBs as "dB chasers" because SF and KAC cans perform poorly in this area. Pure fanboyism, nothing more. SF and KAC make quality products, but this is a case where the commercial market's needs may not be consistent with the mils. Say, is that an E3 bolt head in your avatar..? Common man, you couldn't be more transparent.

The M4-2000 is still one of the benchmark cans in 5.56. Haven't had any of the problems you've taken issue with, though I've never had to shoot my SF can off its mount either.

Yes, it is an E3 bolt. How childish can you be? I owned one of the first SR15's ever sold commercially and remain a fan still today. Which has jack shit to do with suppressors. I've never owned a KAC can, so you can stuff your cries of "fanboyism". That's not the point. I have shot the KAC cans though. Hell, I shot the QDC cans when they were still in prototype stages several years ago. So what?

The point is that I believe owning a db meter does not make you an expert in all things suppressor oriented. And in this case, I think the review is obviously biased towards his personal preference for low metering cans. Quite frankly, I think it exposes his lack of expertise on the matter. And I honestly believe that bias is one he's not even aware of.

I'm not trying to label anyone. But if your only metric is sound reduction, your recommendations will only be for certain cans, irrespective of their other weaknesses. While at the same time, solid cans will be dismissed because the wider spectrum of performance is being ignored. It's only one factor. And people buying cans for the first time need to understand that.

As far as my M42K, the POI shift is 3-4" at 100 on 4 different guns. The latch is showing obvious signs of wear that will require replacement eventually. This is a well documented, common issue. And it blows a lot of crap from the rear of the can due to the loose mount design. On the plus side, it sounds good and never gets stuck. I also got it for $600. Those were the factors I considered before purchasing it. And I obviously accepted them all.

But comparing an M42K to a KAC QDC, based on sound and cost as you did, proves my point. There are several options available today that outperform the M42K in other areas, while remaining competitive in sound reduction. It's an old design. And so goes the world of suppressor design. Based on the latch design alone, I wouldn't recommend it today versus other designs like the Surge 762, Sandman or QDC. Granted, for the cost, I have avoided the KAC too. But not because of the sound. The high cost is the only deterrent keeping most people from buying a QDC. As hard as they are to find, I suspect that KAC is OK with this. But there's always been a premium for most KAC products. That's just a fact of life in our world. It's certainly not a reason to dismiss a suppressor outright. The price is the price. Note it and move on to the more meaningful design features. Then, decide if the price is worth it.

Hkbeltfed
09-20-16, 05:08
The M4-2000 (also a mil issued can) is all inconel, meters in the high 120 dBs, and can be had for $650 with muzzle device.

Is this for real, high 120's?

mtdawg169
09-20-16, 07:22
Is this for real, high 120's?
More like low 130's.

scottryan
09-20-16, 07:29

The M4-2000 is two generations removed from what is current.

The AAC 51 tooth system has about a 6" POI shit and also opens up groups on several of my guns.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

firefighter37
09-20-16, 07:55

Ha, I'm a Knights fanboy, big time. Whats funnier, is I don't own any can made by Knights. I do own cans from SureFire, GemTech, SilencerCo to name a few, but I still don't know what I'm talking about. AACs mounting system problems are well documented, fanboy. And yes, if you chase DBs on an AR-15 shooting supersonic rounds, you are an idiot.

There is no point to shooting a quiet gun, if you can't hit what you are aiming for.

Turnkey11
09-27-16, 14:44
I didnt see any smear, his video accurately depicts the can and what we already know and expect from it. Its probably not for your average consumer, but its wasnt designed for the average guy either. Im just happy many of their products are available to the civilian market.

scottryan
09-27-16, 15:16
I didnt see any smear, his video accurately depicts the can and what we already know and expect from it. Its probably not for your average consumer, but its wasnt designed for the average guy either. Im just happy many of their products are available to the civilian market.

It doesn't accurately depict anything.

It discusses one of several aspects of silencer performance while not discussing other benifits of this particular silencer, while coming to a false conclusion the silencer is overpriced.

POI shift is more important that sound reduction for anybody that does serious shooting.

Having to adjust for bad POI shift is annoying and costs time and money through wasted ammo trying to get dialed in.

A 2-3 dB difference does not matter to anyone accept in a laboratory.

I can take all leading silencers and place a blindfolded bystander 50 feet away and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

st381183
09-27-16, 16:57
I think you guys are taking one man's opinion too personally. I ain't no big time operator so really who cares if MAC liked the KAC can or not unless it is to bolster your own opinion that you made the right choice. If you have one and you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks.

KalashniKEV
09-27-16, 19:14
I can take all leading silencers and place a blindfolded bystander 50 feet away and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Pretty much the only thing he could tell you is which one sounds the best.

(It wouldn't be KAC...)

:p

Turnkey11
09-28-16, 00:23
It doesn't accurately depict anything.

It discusses one of several aspects of silencer performance while not discussing other benifits of this particular silencer, while coming to a false conclusion the silencer is overpriced.

POI shift is more important that sound reduction for anybody that does serious shooting.

Having to adjust for bad POI shift is annoying and costs time and money through wasted ammo trying to get dialed in.

A 2-3 dB difference does not matter to anyone accept in a laboratory.

Saying it costs more than cans that meter at lower decibels is not accurate? Saying cerakote burns off a can at high temp isn't accurate? The only thing in the video I saw that was inaccurate was saying the vented shroud on the can was a milled texture instead of the welded on sleeve that it is.

KalashniKEV
09-28-16, 10:09
1) It would have been an extra ten rounds and two minutes to print a pair of groups suppressed and unsuppressed and compare the two.

2) I was surprised at how gassy it was. Aren't loud cans supposed to push "low blowback" as a trade-off?

Turnkey11
09-28-16, 12:16
Didn't look any gassier than my NT4, he did say he was running some non spec bolt assembly made just for suppressed rifles.

scottryan
09-29-16, 23:13
Saying it costs more than cans that meter at lower decibels is not accurate? Saying cerakote burns off a can at high temp isn't accurate? The only thing in the video I saw that was inaccurate was saying the vented shroud on the can was a milled texture instead of the welded on sleeve that it is.

They are truthful but incomplete statements.

MichaelVain
09-30-16, 09:00
Not only that, but his comments that POI shift doesn't really matter or that none of his cans have POI shift just demonstrates his lack of understanding.

RHINOWSO
09-30-16, 16:25
Just another Youtooober, looking for clicks, ratings, followers, and $$$$$.

I watch videos to get a look at the weapon and occasionally pay attention to what the person is saying (MrGunGear being an example of someone who I'll listen to), but the sample size of one being tested means nothing scientifically for the 'torture tests" and I keep my own counsel on what I deem good for me and mine.

Falar
09-30-16, 16:36
I've seen some 5.56 cans published as 131-133 dBs but never seen an independent review hit that low.

I can't tell the difference between 135-139 5.56 cans. I don't know why some people get so hung up on a few decibels but he catered right to them by focusing so much on them.

Disclaimer: I have recently ordered a 762 QDC so call me a fanboy if you must. I just looked at the available 7.62 cans and after having an Omega pushed down my throat did some research and chose otherwise.

jesuvuah
09-30-16, 17:36
Not only that, but his comments that POI shift doesn't really matter or that none of his cans have POI shift just demonstrates his lack of understanding.
Or it demonstrates that he has different priorities then you. In my very little experience barrel profile effects poi shift just as much as the can

jesuvuah
09-30-16, 17:44
What perplexed me the most is why you guys watch him if you think his videos are crap. I think MSNBC is crap and therefore do not watch them let alone spend time on the interweb thingy complaining about them. Although for some reason I got sucked into this thread getting annoyed by the fact that the gun community never seems to be able to accept different opinions and priorities on gear

scottryan
09-30-16, 18:22
Can someone please quantify "gassey" ?

This is another phony talking point by people who don't have a clue.

MOLON AABE
09-30-16, 19:48
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161001/5e73567e4b347201cab43a64a871ead4.jpg

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

Falar
09-30-16, 23:14
To the guy claiming 129db from the M4-2000 here is the same guy (MAC) getting 136:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cSzfn-WCo

Another 5.56 QDC test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpusm5qnSYk