PDA

View Full Version : Berne Echo One CC Jacket

CLHC
09-18-16, 11:26
The cold season is around the corner and was looking for other Fall/Winter Jacket wear while CCW and which would allow for a "[I]smoother" access. Nothing wrong with the Carhartts I have with IWB/OWB carry modes. But here's an interesting Jacket I came across by Berne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIK4MQU0NlE

Anyone familiar with this Echo One Concealed Carry Jacket? They have a Vest version also. All of this (especially the Berne Co.) including the "Adder System" is new to me. Discreetly purposeful or is it gimmicky just by reading/looking at it? Any thoughts?

26 Inf
09-18-16, 12:54
I am not a construction worker, so I don't know about their durability for anything beyond snowblowing and the occasional garage/shed building. Additionally, my career before retirement, was involved year-round police firearms, vehicle stops, and driver's training.

All that being said, I've worn their stuff for years as a less expensive alternative to Carhartt.

I'd never seen that before, you win the internet this Sunday for making me us Amazon one-click.

CLHC
09-18-16, 14:00
I am not a construction worker, so I don't know about their durability for anything beyond snowblowing and the occasional garage/shed building. Additionally, my career before retirement, was involved year-round police firearms, vehicle stops, and driver's training.

All that being said, I've worn their stuff for years as a less expensive alternative to Carhartt.

I'd never seen that before, you win the internet this Sunday for making me us[e] Amazon one-click.

:D

Yes, I stumbled on this specific jacket while looking up some Carhartts whereupon someone stated the same as you did for similarities but at a competitive price. Here's a YT individual's perspective of said Jacket, but the in-vehicle seated position (@5:53) had my attention. Overall, from the video it simply looks like a Joe Citizen with a workwear jacket and doesn't really stand out. Discretion is the better [p]art of valor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYvAJgHXcYM

By the way, that Amazon Prime 1-Click Ordering is some kinda tempting :cool: to be sure!

jwfuhrman
09-18-16, 15:07
Berne Apparel is made locally to me. Been in their factory numerous times, mostly to pick up the overdosing sleazy bag employees they hire thru temp agencies and cart the m off the hospital after giving them Narcan.

Hank6046
09-18-16, 17:43
This is another reason I love this website, I would have never known about something like this otherwise, I'd really love a heavier soft shell with the same capability, something that could go with dress pants or blue jeans. Currently I've got a heavier Columbia jacket with a nice set of hidden pockets but its not nearly as easy to access as this. My friend who is a cop has a 5.11 jacket that he says works well, but I can't help thinking he looks like a "Tactical Tommy" when he is walking around in civies.

CLHC
09-21-16, 17:53
^
^
^

I concur with you, no "Tactical" giveaway!

ARx3
09-25-16, 14:18
Ordered the vest from http://workingperson.com/berne-mens-ccwv02-bk-black-echo-one-zero-vest.html?cse=google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=comp&utm_campaign=comp&CAWELAID=730009510000772055&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=10457060734&CATCI=aud-80615656654:pla-66932898214&catargetid=730009510000186334&cadevice=c&gclid=CKnK3MGcq88CFRAzaQode1YP4w
I got it for $60.43 and free shipping by using code WORKINGWELCOME

CLHC
09-25-16, 19:13
I'd never seen that before, you win the internet this Sunday for making me us[e] Amazon one-click.

Ordered the vest . . .

Sure would like to hear your thoughts on said product(s) when you do. :cool:

ARx3
10-04-16, 16:34
I received my Berne vest a few days ago. Overall fit and finish is good,comparable to Carhartt although the cotton duck fabric feels softer. On the inside is quilted flannel.
The Adder System Concealed pockets are best suited for Compact / Subcompact pistols on the order of Glock 19/23/30/32/36/38 size to Glock 26/27/33/ 42/43 size. I put some adhesive backed hoop velcro on a Remora RFT holster to mate with the loop fabric in the pocket. I seemed to work well and the holster stayed put during the draw. After trying numerous draws I came to the conclusion that the G-19 size pistols allow you to get the best grip and draw stroke and still be able to conceal the pistol without riding too high in the pocket. The smaller pistols work as long as you don't position the holster too deep in the pocket which interferes with getting a good grip on the pistol. The off side / weak side pocket will come in handy for spare magazines a knife or flashlight and the added weight of those items help balance the weight of a loaded pistol.I looking forward to trying this in colder weather with a light hoodie underneath as I don't care for heavy jackets with bulky sleeves. While you can put a G17 size pistol in the pocket it rides very high and close to the top of the pocket next to the velcro that holds the pocket flap in place.Overall I'm pleased with my purchase.