PDA

View Full Version : Badger Ordnance M5 DBM Installation Service

STAMarine
09-19-16, 11:47
Does anyone have any suggestions on someone that I could get to install a M5 DBM for me? I had originally considered asking GA Precision to do it, but I bet as popular as they are turn around would be lengthy. I'd like to try having it done over the winter, but I figure that everyone else wants whatever work they need done will try to do it over the winter as well.

I see on Badger Ordnance's site that they perform the service, and do inletting every ten days. Perfect! Except they only want the stock, not the barreled action. I've never had my action out of the stock, I've never taken one out of the stock, and I'd prefer to leave it in if possible. That's what a 2112 was always for.:D My rifle is just my baby and the only custom precision rifle that I see ever owning, so I don't want to screw it up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jwknutson17
09-19-16, 12:49
Mile High Shooting. They are the sponsor of this Precision Rifle Bolt Gun thread. Awesome Folks. Located in Eire, CO. They inlet a stock for me for a DBM, and did some other work on my bolt guns. Excellent work. Turn around was 2 weeks. GA Precision is always a good choice, but Mile High is right there with them.

http://www.milehighshooting.com

Phone: 303.255.9999

STAMarine
09-19-16, 13:43
Mile High Shooting. They are the sponsor of this Precision Rifle Bolt Gun thread. Awesome Folks. Located in Eire, CO. They inlet a stock for me for a DBM, and did some other work on my bolt guns. Excellent work. Turn around was 2 weeks. GA Precision is always a good choice, but Mile High is right there with them.

http://www.milehighshooting.com

Phone: 303.255.9999

Outstanding! Shows you what I know. I thought they were just retailers. I didn't know they actually did gunsmithing. Thank you!

M4Guru
09-19-16, 19:31
Mile High is awesome. They're also 3 miles from my house, which is super debilitating to my bank accounts.

SeriousStudent
09-19-16, 20:41
I have never heard of anyone having anything but a stellar experience with Mile High. Their folks are definitely top notch.

And that was the info I gathered before they became a sponsor.

SFree
09-20-16, 06:03
GA George, Mile High, or Chad Dixon of Long Rifles Inc. in Stugis, SD would be great. Chad is also a Marine and his turn arounds are great. Call and talk to him.
As a side note, if your barreled action cannot be removed and re-installed without affecting accuracy, then have other issues that need to be addressed! These folks mentioned will all take care of you.

STAMarine
09-20-16, 07:49
I looked at Mile High's services and unfortunately I was reminded of other things I needed done. I didn't get flush cups installed when I had my rifle built. Ordered flush cups this morning. I also need my trigger pull lightened after the smith that did my last repair raised it without authorization. I wish I had known about M4c back then. I don't mind though because their rates seem very reasonable. I'll hit them up when my parts come in and keep the list of good smiths in my pocket for the future.