PDA

View Full Version : Trade

rebelsooner
09-19-16, 14:31
Would you trade a G19 for a second m&p and then buy a G17? Or keep the 19, m&p and just get the 17? Ideally having 3 different platforms is not ideal and I like to keep it simple. I like the full size platform for many reasons but the biggest being my hands and the way the grip feels.

I don't want to get into a glock vs smith debate as I think there are pros and cons of each platform.

What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
09-19-16, 14:35
How invested are you when it comes to gear with those handguns? Example, me personally, I am way too financially invested in Glock with mags, spare parts, holsters, carriers, etc. for them to just disappear from my safe. Same with the 5.56 AR platform.

If you have a ton of Glock stuff, stay Glock. If you have a ton of M&P stuff, then keep them. I hope I helped a little.

rebelsooner
09-19-16, 15:23
Thank you very much. It's about an even split, especially with mags and the proposed trade.

Luckily not too bad in the way of holsters; usual one for CC and the other for classes.

It's a tough choice but I'm leaning towards doing it and getting the 17.

Jwknutson17
09-19-16, 15:41
If its even split, what platform do you shoot better? Go with that one...

WickedWillis
09-19-16, 16:43

I had the same follow-up in mind

rebelsooner
09-19-16, 16:46
Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

SomeOtherGuy
09-19-16, 18:51

x3. I have not met anyone who shoots the Glock and M&P equally well, unless they are terrible with both. Whichever one works better for you, keep and focus on that one, sell/trade the other.

9mm Glocks are one platform, as are 9mm M&Ps. The full size mags function in the compact frames, and some of the spare parts (most on a Glock) are common between the two.