View Full Version : Which LPK for a Noveske gen iii lower build

karst_runner
09-20-16, 22:12
I'm putting together what will be my first higher-end AR that I've actually built. Of course I want to use the best of what's available - unfortunately, I cannot find any of what I would call "high-end" LPK's. From past experiences, they're all not created equal.

In an ideal world, BCM would have LPK's in stock, but they dont, and they would have been my first choice. ALG's are available and they're about as high-end as I can find.

Thanks, I know this subject is redundant, but I'd like to end up with a nice rifle.

Suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Steve-0-
09-20-16, 22:16
We have LPK's available. You wont be disapointed.

SeriousStudent
09-20-16, 22:34

Definitely agree.

OP: They use NP3-coated parts in the fire control group, which makes for a very nice but always dependable trigger. Some people like to "slick up" a trigger. By doing so, they alter the engagement surfaces and dramatically shorten it's life.

I have installed three of the Sionics LPK's, and the carbines run very well. I have a couple more stashed for my next builds.

When you are looking for LPK''s and BCG's, be sure and understand the difference between nickel-boron and NP3. Do some reading on that, and the impact NiB has on parts longevity. There have been some good threads here regarding those topics.

Robar has this to say:

https://robarguns.com/blog/2013/08/23/np3-vs-nickel-boron/

Other good choices are Colt and G&R Tactical. Colt is more expensive, and harder to get. G&R assembles their LPK's from selected sources with careful QC, same as Sionics. I have used both of those as well, with no issues.

karst_runner
09-21-16, 07:21
Guys, thanks for the heads up and the info. I'll definitely check your
suggestions out.

Yes, agreed, Colt is next to impossible to find. I'll look in to the Sionics. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TacticalTyler
09-21-16, 08:31
Josh ? Lol

Rayrevolver
09-21-16, 08:46
My first SBR lower I tarted up a little with a Forward Controls ABC/R and EMR. Not sure if you wanted to address these small parts but they work well.

Wake27
09-21-16, 09:53
My first SBR lower I tarted up a little with a Forward Controls ABC/R and EMR. Not sure if you wanted to address these small parts but they work well.

Love the FCD parts in my Noveske.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaserTag
09-21-16, 10:36
Colt, LMT, DD, or BCM if you can wait. I do wish Sprinco would wake up and start producing LPK's minus the trigger. Along with AK and Glock springs.

Btw, I bought 2 ALG lpk's and both had issues. In one the safety was very sluggish with no positive click and the other had a rear takedown pin that was half length. Bought them expecting quality springs. Which they are supposed to be mil-spec. They sent replacement parts without question.

joeyjoe
09-21-16, 11:39
Personally, i have noticed an incredible disparity in quality between various LPKs. When in stock, the Colt LPKs from GandR tactical are pretty much perfection. There is nothing like a Colt safety selector. Although, I've noticed the new BCM LPKs, which are very different from the old BCM LPKs, are quite close to the Colt LPKs that i have used. Id try to wait and pick up a Colt or BCM LPK.

Paul053
09-21-16, 11:58
I just installed a BCM lpk that came with the pnt trigger and mod 3 grip (my preferred grip) and it is awesome. The trigger is as smooth as the 150 dollar lwrc Nib trigger that came with my m6a2.

Fatorangecat
09-22-16, 10:57

Just ordered one for a Noveske N4 lower today.

Iraqgunz
09-22-16, 15:11
I find some of the comments here a little humorous. I suggest that those proclaiming the Colt LPK is the cats meow, or that xxx kit is super duper awesome sauce do a little research and pay close attention to the parts.

There might be some surprises there.