PDA

View Full Version : Good guy with gun vs three robbers with gun

WillBrink
09-23-16, 10:59
In this case, not a guy, but a little Asian lady. You'll note that vid destroys virtually ever myth anti gun types ever used. Note all three were armed and all three ran and or died when a single women with a gun took it to them. Good guys (ladies too!) with guns can and do stop armed and un armed criminals and anyone who can't figure out it's better to be able to resist an attack then not, is what we in science refer to as "a f-ing idiot. I don't think she was terribly concerned with what might be behind the targets however...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTuzVDEnp4

PS, per comments I have made in threads on home security, note how easily that front door opens with a simple kick,

Outlander Systems
09-23-16, 11:21
Bottom line:

Magazine capacity restrictions undermine my fundamental, inalienable RIGHT to self-defense.

nova3930
09-23-16, 11:28
In this case, not a guy, but a little Asian lady. You'll note that vid destroys virtually ever myth anti gun types ever used. Note all three were armed and all three ran and or died when a single women with a gun took it to them. Good guys (ladies too!) with guns can and do stop armed and un armed criminals and anyone who can't figure out it's better to be able to resist an attack then not, is what we in science refer to as "a f-ing idiot. I don't think she was terribly concerned with what might be behind the targets however...

PS, per comments I have made in threads on home security, note how easily that front door opens with a simple kick,

Immediate and continued violence of action can make up for a lot of other disadvantages. :neo:

She committed to %*(&#$# them up, jumped in without hesitation and didn't let up.

OH58D
09-23-16, 11:32
Bottom line:

Magazine capacity restrictions undermine my fundamental, inalienable RIGHT to self-defense.
+1000%. Someone in the media needs to point that out. Average homeowner is no tactical pro, so extra ammo gives them a reasonable chance against armed invaders.

RazorBurn
09-23-16, 11:33
That's awesome seeing her take the fight to them and win. Good job by her!

Outlander Systems
09-23-16, 11:40
Absolutely. Especially here in the ATL...

The majority of home invasions reported on the news here involve multiple, armed, perps.

Sorry, gun haters, but I need as much firepower as I can get in situations like that.

That video might have gone differently if the poor gal was armed with a 6-shot revolver...

+1000%. Someone in the media needs to point that out. Average homeowner is no tactical pro, so extra ammo gives them a reasonable chance against armed invaders.

Falar
09-23-16, 11:48
What's crazy is that in some states what she did was illegal.

Lincoln7
09-23-16, 11:52
What's crazy is that in some states what she did was illegal.
Can you please explain further? It appears they intended to harm with them all being armed.

WillBrink
09-23-16, 11:58
Can you please explain further? It appears they intended to harm with them all being armed.

In some states you have a duty to retreat. Not as common as it used to be I believe, but in some states she's be expected to vacate her own home if she could I believe. MA used to have that, but even common sense prevailed in MA and is off the books. I don't know how this event would play out with those states, but i assume that's what he meant.

Averageman
09-23-16, 12:14
General Tsao would approved of those moves.
Considering how terribly wrong that could have went for her, her actions likely saved her life. Her magazines capacity was key.
What pistol was that, it looked High Point ish?

Falar
09-23-16, 12:19
In some states you have a duty to retreat. Not as common as it used to be I believe, but in some states she's be expected to vacate her own home if she could I believe. MA used to have that, but even common sense prevailed in MA and is off the books. I don't know how this event would play out with those states, but i assume that's what he meant.

And you would be correct.

I didn't know it changed in MA as those laws seemed to be a staple of the Northeast, barring the usual trio of ME-VT-NH.

I believe NJ has a problem with using HP ammunition in cases like this as well.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-23-16, 12:27
Bottom line:

She ran dry, didn't she?

Holy violence of action! Talk about 'No Fear'. One handed, all gangster. Maneuver and shoot. Did she even see the guy in the white hoody pass right in front of her as she pursues the other two out the front door?

Couple shots out the front door. I'm sure the BGs were pointing guns back at the house.

Cue the Benny Hill music!!

Mr. Goodtimes
09-23-16, 12:53
Holy violence of action.... I give her a D, maybe D- on gun handling skills and an A+++++++++++++++ on violence of action. This video only confirms how important violence of action is in a gun fight and that the best defense is often a strong offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramairthree
09-23-16, 13:01
Hell yeah.
Surprise, speed, and violence of action.

One out of three ain't bad for a one handed grip in the dark with no training.

Sensei
09-23-16, 13:24
She ran dry, didn't she?

Holy violence of action! Talk about 'No Fear'. One handed, all gangster. Maneuver and shoot. Did she even see the guy in the white hoody pass right in front of her as she pursues the other two out the front door?

Couple shots out the front door. I'm sure the BGs were pointing guns back at the house.

Yeah, I've learned not to piss off Asian chicks - especially the Chinese, Japanese, Korean types. They can go from, "Me love you long time" to "Me cut off your balls" in under a second. Take a look at what this Chinese girl did to a Muslim guy who slapped her for refusing to dance: http://youtu.be/OOs8ha-_pog

Circle_10
09-23-16, 13:32

Or "Guile's Theme".....

Endur
09-23-16, 13:42
Hell yeah.
Surprise, speed, and violence of action.

One out of three ain't bad for a one handed grip in the dark with no training.

She went gangnam style on them.

GTF425
09-23-16, 13:53
This video only confirms how important violence of action is in a gun fight and that the best defense is often a strong offense.

Agreed.

Firearms are just a tool, the mind is the weapon.

thepatriot2705
09-23-16, 13:53
Whats most striking in that video to me is how fast they scattered when she opened fire and how she showed no fear.

MegademiC
09-23-16, 14:01
She ran dry, didn't she?

Hard to tell, looks like she may have put one in him when he ran into the paper towels or whatever.

SteyrAUG
09-23-16, 14:19
Love how the bad guys came in like some "spec ops" group and ran out like a kid with a hair full of hornets.

Nice shooting for gun in one hand and phone in the other. Really kind of shoots that "iso vs. weaver" debate to shit.

Mindset, mindset, mindset.

SteyrAUG
09-23-16, 14:20
Whats most striking in that video to me is how fast they scattered when she opened fire and how she showed no fear.

No way they are getting her TP supplies.

Endur
09-23-16, 14:40

They were expecting a soft target. Press the objective.

WillBrink
09-23-16, 14:43
Love how the bad guys came in like some "spec ops" group and ran out like a kid with a hair full of hornets.

Nice shooting for gun in one hand and phone in the other. Really kind of shoots that "iso vs. weaver" debate to shit.

Mindset, mindset, mindset.

We need to develop a whole new tactic style, Chinese Lady QCB.

Sam
09-23-16, 14:51
Take a look at what this Chinese girl did to a Muslim guy who slapped her for refusing to dance: http://youtu.be/OOs8ha-_pog

Funny. The Muslim dude probably was used to slapping women in his society, but when a feisty chick fought back he was nothing. She owned him. Good for her.

As for the original video of the Chinese lady and the three idiots, that was less than 5 miles from where my mother lives. Basically they were on the opposite sides of the interstate in Norcross. The one that ran through the sliding glass door was priceless, that must have hurt.

26 Inf
09-23-16, 15:02
Dang, I might show up in Norcross just to eat at that ladies restaurant. It won't matter if the food is good or bad, I'd be scared to complain.

mikelowrey
09-23-16, 15:24
Analyzing the video a bit further @ 1:32 you can exactly see that his hand "taps" her gun as he passes by and as she's already in great distress didn't even notice. Also WTF with the news publishing her full address including not editing the 911 call :confused:

cbx
09-23-16, 15:25
These are the states with more questionable duty to retreat laws.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/4577e1b673bca5268268fe7dc99cd658.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/15302d4ccac7f44ec2f59328da0c605b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/9f710ad271b6b770da6dfd91dd137fab.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/9a8799b90f1823f576b746c3c7c9fb76.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/9ffa6c25219ccb4b406cff572ec7a65c.jpg

cbx
09-23-16, 15:28
I guess the take home is be careful in new jersey or MD.

cbx
09-23-16, 15:29
I would like to know the backstory on this invasion. Did she know they were coming?

Either way, impressive, and bravo. One less POS on planet earth.

mikelowrey
09-23-16, 15:38
I would like to know the backstory on this invasion. Did she know they were coming?

Either way, impressive, and bravo. One less POS on planet earth.

One possibility I would consider is that they were probably casing the house since it looks like she stores a lot of supplies in the house (a lot of activity coming in and out) and they figure that the owner probably had more things of value

Whiskey_Bravo
09-23-16, 15:59
One possibility I would consider is that they were probably casing the house since it looks like she stores a lot of supplies in the house (a lot of activity coming in and out) and they figure that the owner probably had more things of value

Maybe they really needed some TP and paper towels?

usmcvet
09-23-16, 16:18
Yeah, I've learned not to piss off Asian chicks - especially the Chinese, Japanese, Korean types. They can go from, "Me love you long time" to "Me cut off your balls" in under a second. Take a look at what this Chinese girl did to a Muslim guy who slapped her for refusing to dance: http://youtu.be/OOs8ha-_pog

I like the hammer fist the best!

Some of the worst arrests I've made have been women, little women.

We need to develop a whole new tactic style, Chinese Lady QCB.

FIGHT! I know that one of the good things I have in my corner is I get really pissed off in a fight and it makes me fight harder. She was AWESOME!

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-23-16, 16:19
Maybe they really needed some TP and paper towels?

Gotta clean up the blood and dress the wounds with something...

mikelowrey
09-23-16, 16:20
Gotta clean up the blood and dress the wounds with something...

:laugh:

Arik
09-23-16, 17:02
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/e45e35f9fbe36b3eae0b2fa408bd13fe.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/8b237f36f3ba33cd28498c4bc5238799.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

nml
09-23-16, 17:07
I guess the take home is never live in new jersey or MD.You know what ... you are right.

Kenneth
09-23-16, 17:19
Now wouldn't THAT be something to put a twist on things.

SteyrAUG
09-23-16, 17:22

Asian families sometimes keep the money at home.

Whiskey_Bravo
09-23-16, 17:31

Yep, with the mass amount of crap in the house they more than likely run a business and these grade A level retards knew it and figured they would dip into the business profits.

mikelowrey
09-23-16, 17:40

Yep, with the mass amount of crap in the house they more than likely run a business and these grade A level retards knew it and figured they would dip into the business profits.

Absolutely. In my experience I have noticed that most Asian business rather get pay in cash and barely used credit cards, so they probably assumed that they would have all those benjamins in the house.

Firefly
09-23-16, 17:42
I wish Mamasan had come out with an AK or an M1 Carbine. It would've been only right in more ways than one.

Fun is fun but Asian chicks who ain't Americanized will kill you.

Kenneth
09-23-16, 17:42
I just dealt with that today. Had some clothes at a tailor shop that is ran by an Asian lady and she only accepted cash.

Firefly
09-23-16, 17:49
Absolutely. Especially here in the ATL...

The majority of home invasions reported on the news here involve multiple, armed, perps.

Sorry, gun haters, but I need as much firepower as I can get in situations like that.

That video might have gone differently if the poor gal was armed with a 6-shot revolver...

Truth. Closer you get to center more Mexicans cartels and more gangs. Cash and money are priority one.

A while back a Gwinnett SO deputy and his wife got killed for guns with his take home out front. Like 06 or 07ish

ETA I can't find a link, but it caught my eye in the day. Not too long before that a Trooper got his G36 lifted from his take home. Still unrecovered from what I know.

Fun Fact: Up until like two years ago there were still A Team Stainless Mini 14s used by GSP as patrol rifles. They use them as a parade and ceremony rifle. G36s suck. The most coveted amongst them were M16A2s they had come into. I heard they were getting LWRCs and the GSP SWAT team was getting some kind of 416. Still, when I saw one guy whip out a stainless wood stock Mini 14, I did a double take. Them and that bullshit 45 GAP. A LOT of guys I knew bought their 4506s. I know one old timer who had his issued Python he bought.

thepatriot2705
09-23-16, 17:51

But he was a good kid trying to get his life together!
/s

Firefly
09-23-16, 17:54
Or "Guile's Theme".....

Maybe Adagio for Strings would be better.

Had one of the hoods pulled an Elias as he looked at the camera and got stitched up, it would have warmed my heart.

She came out like a Tiger.

Endur
09-23-16, 18:00

/s

R.I.P.

Rest in piss.

sgtrock82
09-23-16, 18:39
Strangely appears to have had a white man tattooed on his chest....is that considered gangsta? And seriously a fist full of twenties isnt impressive, its groceries and a tank of gas lol

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-23-16, 18:50

/s

Smoking, to smoked.

cbx
09-23-16, 19:41
You know what ... you are right.
Lol. That's funny. Your version is better.

cbx
09-23-16, 19:44
R.I.P.

Rest in piss.
Thug life yo.

ramairthree
09-23-16, 20:35
How many videos like this will it take for a large part of the country to realize just how much people that have worked hard for their shit want to keep it?

Firefly
09-23-16, 20:40
How many videos like this will it take for a large part of the country to realize just how much people that have worked hard for their shit want to keep it?

It wouldn't work.

"She wrong fo dat. She aint have no business killing a dude like dat. He had kids"

A certain segment of the population has been brainwashed into thinking they are victims no matter what. Like they get a handicap on being a piece of shit.

It would take centuries of Clockwork Orange brainwashing to get them on the front page of some of these most basic of concepts

MegademiC
09-23-16, 21:36
Strangely appears to have had a white man tattooed on his chest....is that considered gangsta? And seriously a fist full of twenties isnt impressive, its groceries and a tank of gas lol

It's funny, watching rap videos. They are rapping lyrics about prosperity, but the vids are of straight poverty and sub-par women. These people idolize mediocrity. Even a fist full of benjamins, most soccer mom's get that for a shopping spree and these dolts are touting it as some huge success. It's almost depressing.

SteyrAUG
09-23-16, 21:53
It wouldn't work.

"She wrong fo dat. She aint have no business killing a dude like dat. He had kids"

A certain segment of the population has been brainwashed into thinking they are victims no matter what. Like they get a handicap on being a piece of shit.

It would take centuries of Clockwork Orange brainwashing to get them on the front page of some of these most basic of concepts

Figure it has taken 50 years to arrive at the current "entitlement mentality" where ideas of "preferred racism" are even embraced. So if we started now it would probably take twice as long to get to a sense of "actual equality" where everyone is informed that "everyone is on their own and good luck."

But that will probably never happen, people today would consider "actual equality" (the stuff King dreamt about) to be racist.

mikelowrey
09-23-16, 21:59
It's funny, watching rap videos. They are rapping lyrics about prosperity, but the vids are of straight poverty and sub-par women. These people idolize mediocrity. Even a fist full of benjamins, most soccer mom's get that for a shopping spree and these dolts are touting it as some huge success. It's almost depressing.

Firefly
09-23-16, 22:14
Figure it has taken 50 years to arrive at the current "entitlement mentality" where ideas of "preferred racism" are even embraced. So if we started now it would probably take twice as long to get to a sense of "actual equality" where everyone is informed that "everyone is on their own and good luck."

But that will probably never happen, people today would consider "actual equality" (the stuff King dreamt about) to be racist.

Actual equality is dangerous. It means you have to earn your keep every day by actual merit.

There are places in this world today where if you aren't at least a distant cousin of some Viscount or Baron, you are riff raff.

America, whether people accept it or not, is the egalitarian capital of the world.

A lot of Western countries didn't give women the vote until the 1960s. A lot of places with a healthy black population never had slavery and they actually dare appropriate what happened in America over a century plus ago as a reason to act up.

Homosexuality is still HEAVILY frowned upon in other countries even if both chicks are hot.

And in some places, a tattoo means you are a criminal or someone's whore. Not a delightful expression of self.

So the black/feminist/LGBT/whatever communities need to go to Wal Mart, buy a ladder, and get over themselves.

Right now, some poor person has to boil their water, is carrying a leftover from Vietnam, and is still living off fish heads and Betel nuts or some villages in black ruled Africa are starving and dying of AIDS or some dude the local Mullah has deemed as having too much sugar in his shortcake is being handcuffed and tossed off a roof because MUH HULY BUUK says so.

And here in America people focus on bullshit and ignore real shit. Way to go.

Det-Sog
09-23-16, 23:11

This, 1000%. We just moved away from such a place. Must retreat, even in your own home. Then a "will arrest on sight" order by the local police chief for anyone that uses deadly force. Guilty until proven innocent. Needless to say, one of the thou shalt not carry states.

ramairthree
09-23-16, 23:19
I did not actually mean the thugs.

I meant all the lib tards that think people are just going to put up with being robbed, having their business burned and looted, keep working like rented mules to get taxed more, and give up our guns so we can't do anything about it.

And it was not just being robbed that was at stake.
While the media does not pick it up and hammer the point home,
If she was not armed they would have been raped and tortured prior to being killed.

mkmckinley
09-23-16, 23:32
This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stOcTAADa38) has the 911 call and some more angles.

Firefly
09-23-16, 23:35
I did not actually mean the thugs.

I meant all the lib tards that think people are just going to put up with being robbed, having their business burned and looted, keep working like rented mules to get taxed more, and give up our guns so we can't do anything about it.

And it was not just being robbed that was at stake.
While the media does not pick it up and hammer the point home,
If she was not armed they would have been raped and tortured prior to being killed.

ok I'm tracking now.

Some folks are just wusses. Hence the whole "just do what they say" bit.

I have told many a "troubled young man", one day you are going to go in the wrong house and get dragged out in a bag. Then you get to be on one of those memorial t shirts with your nickname on it, your mom will be screaming to Jesus, and it'll be one less problem. Lots of guys thought they were badass and got a shotgun or a rifle shoved up their ass because they were too cool for school and jobs and shit

mkmckinley
09-23-16, 23:41
A lot of people have learned the hard way: it doesn't matter how badass you are or how much bravado you have. A 100 lb woman with a gun can put you in the ground. That's the beauty of owning firearms and I'm glad the lady in this case was able to defend herself.

G36s suck. The most coveted amongst them were M16A2s they had come into. I heard they were getting LWRCs and the GSP SWAT team was getting some kind of 416.
Off topic: You're talking about a PD issued H&K G36, not a Glock 36? If it's the H&K FWIW the few people I've talked to that were actually issued one strongly preferred an M4. I'd just never heard of that model being issued anywhere in the US.

Firefly
09-23-16, 23:57
You're talking about a PD issued H&K G36, not a Glock 36? If it's the H&K FWIW the few people I've talked to that were actually issued one strongly preferred an M4. I'd just never heard of that model being issued anywhere in the US.

GSP and Cobb (as well as a few other GA outfits) had em for years. The HK. Nobody liked them. They were called the "street sweeper" and not as a compliment.

The G36 and the UMP are dogs. Everybody wanted (and eventually got) an AR of some kind. For a few years there, HK was undercutting Bushmaster on Rifles as the Georgia plant (it isn't very big) opened up. They were trying to get HK guns into as many PDs as possible so they could say "x amount of depts use HK you should too".

USPs met resistance when introduced to certain Warrant and SWAT outfits ("Why can't we keep using Glocks?"), the UMPs (pronounced "uh-mp") caused people to want MP5s back, and the G36s were considered "50 yard guns" and nobody liked the non illuminated 1.5 optic. (not my words, I got to shoot one but declined it, kept my Vietnam era M14 and shotgun)

Someone more high speed than me might can run a G36 but I have no interest. I have a personal USP for my own amusement but would sooner use a Glock for policework.

But around 03-05ish HK was really pimping their wares something fierce. At least around here.

mkmckinley
09-24-16, 00:08
Gotcha, It seems like they're scattered in small numbers all over the world. My only limited experience was seeing one in a Royal Thai Marine arms room and asking if I could take it to a range we were setting up. They had the attitude of "why would you want to play with that piece of crap when you have a decked out M4?"

Jellybean
09-24-16, 10:31
In the original vid, the guy at 0:57-0:59....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/009/067/squiggle_face.jpg

This is actually a really interesting video in that it very much demonstrates the "run what ya brung" reality of an unexpected home invasion, and therefore need for a non-shit mag cap. Also, the whole Surprise and VOA thing, see sigline per F2S.

I think Euro should be ok with the SBR as bedstand gun if he shows the GF this vid, per his previous experience. Or just sticks to asian chicks... ;)

26 Inf
09-24-16, 10:40
I have told many a "troubled young man", one day you are going to go in the wrong house and get dragged out in a bag. Then you get to be on one of those memorial t shirts with your nickname on it, your mom will be screaming to Jesus, and it'll be one less problem. Lots of guys thought they were badass and got a shotgun or a rifle shoved up their ass because they were too cool for school and jobs and shit

I guess it is regional, hereabouts you get a graphic on the rear window 'Window Tint in Memory of Jamal Smith, 1/6/1995 to 8/20/16'

3 AE
09-24-16, 14:48
A fine example of what happens after an incident such as this. Woman victim is somewhat disorientated from the shock of what has taken place. Language barrier between victim and 911 dispatcher causing confusion about victims injuries, her location, number of perps, who had/has a gun, etc. Violence of action and the ensuing adrenalin dump can really screw up one's perception of what has happened and trying to convey that over the phone. Throw in the "housemate" and you have more distractions to take into consideration.

I really give the woman bookoo credit for taking the fight to the attackers, and for temporarily snapping out of it and asking "where's the gun?" when she realized that they might come back since the front door and sliding glass door were broken. I wished the dispatcher would have told the victim that police and ambulance were on the way right from the git go. Young or old, some people respond to a life threatening environment with extreme determination to win. Personally, I would not, repeat not, be clearing the house but stay in the "safe room" and wait for the cavalry to arrive. Glad it turned out in her favor.

Could the 911 dispatcher have done a better job in trying to ascertain the situation, or did she do as good as could be expected considering the people involved?

Circle_10
09-24-16, 15:11
According to his Facebook page we are now "remembering" Antonio Leeks. Goodnight, sweet prince, haha.
https://m.facebook.com/antonio.leeks

ST911
09-24-16, 15:27
Looks like a lot of undirected bullet launching rather than shooting threats.

Also, bullet launching out the front door while perps appear to be in flight?

Probably not a banner event for our PR.

black22rifle
09-24-16, 16:31
Nice.

That guy at :04 was running for his life with his gun in the air.

SteyrAUG
09-24-16, 18:21

I know. But better than three suspects sought for murder of asian couple.

moonshot
09-24-16, 22:35
I might be way off base here, but it looked to me like she had a full size Glock, but it also looked like she only fired 8 times until slide lock. Judging by muzle flash, I counted one round fired when she was first targeted by the pair of BGs, one as she was advancing but the third BG was still to her left, one when the third BG was almost off screen to her right, four more as she advanced to the door, and the last round with her gun outside. This led to slide lock.

Could she have limp wristed the last round fired, which led to slide lock? Might she have had a neutered magazine, or a single stack gun?

This gives us a lot to think about. Magazine capacity, holding on to a cell phone in one hand when shooting with the other, tunnel vision (she was lucky the third BG didn't turn to engage her as she ran past him), and what the hell was her partner doing during all this?

SteyrAUG
09-25-16, 01:33
I might be way off base here, but it looked to me like she had a full size Glock, but it also looked like she only fired 8 times until slide lock. Judging by muzle flash, I counted one round fired when she was first targeted by the pair of BGs, one as she was advancing but the third BG was still to her left, one when the third BG was almost off screen to her right, four more as she advanced to the door, and the last round with her gun outside. This led to slide lock.

Could she have limp wristed the last round fired, which led to slide lock? Might she have had a neutered magazine, or a single stack gun?

This gives us a lot to think about. Magazine capacity, holding on to a cell phone in one hand when shooting with the other, tunnel vision (she was lucky the third BG didn't turn to engage her as she ran past him), and what the hell was her partner doing during all this?

This is why we need a smartphone rail mount. Put 911 on speed dial and speaker.

911: What is your emergency?
Homeowner: Hang on a sec. [BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG] I got some guys in my house who kicked in the door.
911: What is the address?
Homeowner: Hang on a sec. [BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG] I just auto texted my information.
911: What is that noise.
Homeowner: Hang on a sec. [BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG] Returning fire. Advise officers that the homeowner is armed.

Wonder if 911 is set up to receiver texted photos? Be nice to send a selfie so cops know who the good guy is when they get there.

Falar
09-25-16, 01:59
I have no problem with her shots out the door.

Some years back here, some race baiter took issue with a case where the would-be thieves were shot in the back and made enough stink that a hungry, liberal DA in Houston tried to bring charges. No-bill.

Firefly
09-25-16, 02:13
I dunno about every CAD but I could get texts from 911 and they coukd text me pictures.

The sad thing is that a LOT of police telenetworking is so.....backwards. Still rely on fax, still rely on bleeding edge tech from the 90s.

I wish, like, for road guys lately that a PD smartphone was standard issue. Like it would have a caller ID that denoted PD use (I'm sure more than a few folks have been hung up on thinking a follow up or whatnot call was a prank), easier for 911 calls because to this day there are still dead spots for radios, and a portable camera built in where you can send to other guys. Dept Email linked up. ETC. Plus there is a record you called so and so at such and such time for court. Nothing fancy but for a beat officer it would replace a lot of stuff (cheap digital cameras, etc) and help with tge CAD plus letting them keep their phones (personal) out of the equation.

Seriously, everybody likes to discuss guns and so forth but really I'd rather have better communications/radio gear and stuff to get reports and warrants quicker than argue the merits of the gun of the month.

Same with vehicles. Why can't they redo the Crown Vic with a Rally influence? SCREW Dodge Chargers. A truly modern Crown Vic with AWD. Big trunk space. Armor, run flats, day/night cameras with better resolution. I am not a mechanic or car guy but SUVs for everybody is lame. An honest patrol car is a great 60% solution.

Really, Glock 17 should be the like national standard and end the debates. I got approved to do .45 but looking back, it was being young and stupid. I just shoot .45 because I trained on it so many years. 9mm would have made life easier.

Instead of motor squads and dept toys, decent radios, a 21st century CAD, etc goes a lot further to mitigate the fog of confusion.

Police train to fight because most people don't, which is fine, they shouldn't have to. Nobody, in a perfect world, should be a victim.

We have all this affordable technology that helps make a lot easier and people are stuck on fax machine mentality.

I grew up on Atari and NES, the average American policeman grew up on Playstation 2. So it wouldn't be a shock. Instead of buying cheap on a commNET, why not put your money there and on the fleet?

A Glock 17 and a good AR can last for decades. My 21 was a personal weapon but my patrol rifle for a good while was a 1959 manf. M-14 rifle. Not a great choice but it would work. You could buy some rack grade 6920s, a red dot, a surefire and be set for 20 years plus.

Cars and Radios and NCIC/State computers die every other day.

Kind of a rant but while I think everyobe should know how to do everything analog (map reading); but updating the intel/commo side will clear up a LOT of these chinese fire drills that put otherwise good officers on CNN.

Especially since a lot of smart devices have live feed/stream. I WELCOMED body cameras. It's like Aliens where people can see what people have going on. Sure you may have to clear up your salt a bit, but it lets people see that the majority of officers are just doing their job.

Especially on domestic or warrant service.

I am a big believer in Class As and shineable boots, but why not external armor like Canada has that has a dedicated camera mount?

Armor under the uniform looks raunchy, bunches up, and feels like hell in summer. Winter it feels better, but external armor needs to be standard.

I dunno...wooden ships, iron men is romantic and all but Steyr just touched a button that makes me know everything is so inefficient compared to capability.

I know money is an issue but it could be done.

We are sending 21st century officers out with 20th century gear.

usmcvet
09-25-16, 07:09

Reminds me of a good quote.

"Would you rather have fifty pounds of $20's or twenty pounds of $50?"

usmcvet
09-25-16, 07:43
This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stOcTAADa38) has the 911 call and some more angles.

Much better video thanks.

In the original vid, the guy at 0:57-0:59....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/009/067/squiggle_face.jpg

This is actually a really interesting video in that it very much demonstrates the "run what ya brung" reality of an unexpected home invasion, and therefore need for a non-shit mag cap. Also, the whole Surprise and VOA thing, see sigline per F2S.

I think Euro should be ok with the SBR as bedstand gun if he shows the GF this vid, per his previous experience. Or just sticks to asian chicks... ;)

I agree Euro show the video to chicks.

It's Interesting the shooter only saw two men.

A fine example of what happens after an incident such as this. Woman victim is somewhat disorientated from the shock of what has taken place. Language barrier between victim and 911 dispatcher causing confusion about victims injuries, her location, number of perps, who had/has a gun, etc. Violence of action and the ensuing adrenalin dump can really screw up one's perception of what has happened and trying to convey that over the phone. Throw in the "housemate" and you have more distractions to take into consideration.

I really give the woman bookoo credit for taking the fight to the attackers, and for temporarily snapping out of it and asking "where's the gun?" when she realized that they might come back since the front door and sliding glass door were broken. I wished the dispatcher would have told the victim that police and ambulance were on the way right from the git go. Young or old, some people respond to a life threatening environment with extreme determination to win. Personally, I would not, repeat not, be clearing the house but stay in the "safe room" and wait for the cavalry to arrive. Glad it turned out in her favor.

Could the 911 dispatcher have done a better job in trying to ascertain the situation, or did she do as good as could be expected considering the people involved?

The dispatcher did ok. It would have been good if she stayed focused. She was all over the place. Imagine if we didn't have the video with the audio. The info related to cops from dispatch is often inaccurate.

I think the woman was hit by Sheetrock and or fragments.

The last round fired bothered me a little. Was she still taking rounds from them? Did she think she was? She gets a pass from me on that one.

Homeowner: Hang on a sec. [BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG] I got some guys in my house who kicked in the door.
Homeowner: Hang on a sec. [BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG] I just auto texted my information.
Homeowner: Hang on a sec. [BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG] Returning fire. Advise officers that the homeowner is armed.

Wonder if 911 is set up to receiver texted photos? Be nice to send a selfie so cops know who the good guy is when they get there.

You can text 911 in Vermont.

mkmckinley
09-25-16, 19:53

I've actually been wondering if a rail mounted go-pro could help out in the legal side of a self defense shoot.

RazorBurn
09-25-16, 20:54
I've actually been wondering if a rail mounted go-pro could help out in the legal side of a self defense shoot.

If I would ever have to defend my home and family I want there to be one witness. Me and a dead perp. Dead men can tell no tales or lies.

RazorBurn
09-25-16, 20:57
I know. But better than three suspects sought for murder of asian couple.

You got that right. She did a stand up job defending herself from three thugs. Sure she had a bit of luck, but I wonder if Black Lives Matter will protest this shooting?

SteyrAUG
09-25-16, 21:02

Yeah, but I'd like to be able to chat with the 911 operator between shots.

Firefly
09-25-16, 21:11
Peltor with a phone jack or bluetooth.