PDA

View Full Version : Do you even breach bro? (? FBI Alaska SWAT team failed breach)

Whiskey_Bravo
09-23-16, 14:51
https://video-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/14460654_905277982911726_7859562187700830208_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=cb1bdd4b4a0f2deb1ea0a36a2b6b2d66&oe=57E5C0A9

From U.S Army W.T.F moments on Facebook

U.S Army W.T.F! moments added a new video.

Do you even breach bro?! This is the FBI Alaska field office SWAT team responding to a domestic disturbance call where the suspect was armed. I know everyone can be a critic after the fact but this is definitely something comedic.

That door is no joke, and obviously a slippery porch. Needless to say the breach didn't go as planned. Goes to show how a properly secured door can stop a fast home invasion(ties in with the "how to secure your home" thread) Also, is it acceptable to leave your rifle just leaning over by the garage unattended?

26 Inf
09-23-16, 15:06
IDK, was it a training exercise? Guy in the HMMV is pretty casual even considering it looks up armored.

First guy should have went to hinge side, many folks don't harden that side.

GH41
09-23-16, 15:24
Probably nothing more than a couch pushed up against the door.

Sam
09-23-16, 15:37
Probably nothing more than a couch pushed up against the door.

Nah, probably a simple wooden wedge. Like another member said, why didn't he go for the hinges on the other side? Is it because one is so wound up with that heavy metal and forgot the alternate options? The first breacher also left his M4 unattended leaning against the garage door. Smashing your head into the hummer has got to hurt.

Odd.

Straight Shooter
09-23-16, 15:59
WHY do I hear Benny Hill music when I watched this?

Whiskey_Bravo
09-23-16, 16:00
Because it should have been playing so your mind just made it happen

cougar_guy04
09-23-16, 16:01
Should have called the Indiana State Police SWAT team for assistance.

https://youtu.be/SUsNv45ixwM

Whiskey_Bravo
09-23-16, 16:07

lol, who let Carl set the charge?

Kenneth
09-23-16, 16:11
^^^ holy shit. I already like Indiana more lol.

The first video was brutal. First off I'm not a LEO but I do have to extract individuals from cells with a team. I would be disgusted if my team looked like that in a real event. It is amazing what happens when a door doesn't just open like you want. I have had to use angle grinders and pry bars to get a cell door open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC_Anglico
09-23-16, 16:21
Nah, probably a simple wooden wedge. Like another member said, why didn't he go for the hinges on the other side? Is it because one is so wound up with that heavy metal and forgot the alternate options? The first breacher also left his M4 unattended leaning against the garage door. Smashing your head into the hummer has got to hurt.

Odd.

Yes, why leave a rifle just propped up against someones garage door? There is an armored vic right there with teammates in it. Leave it with them.

Kain
09-23-16, 16:39

Well there is no such thing as using too little explosive.

For some reason I am thinking of the scene from the Book Rainbow Six where they blow a door to enter a bank and take the door off the hinges and flatten one of the tangos. Takes them a few to figure out while they one bad guy full of holes short if I remember correctly.

Rayrevolver
09-23-16, 18:00
Well there is no such thing as using too little explosive.

For some reason I am thinking of the scene from the Book Rainbow Six where they blow a door to enter a bank and take the door off the hinges and flatten one of the tangos. Takes them a few to figure out while they one bad guy full of holes short if I remember correctly.

Thread drift, my buddy is a stunt man and tells a story of being a Russian Gulag guard who gets a big old door blown open in his face and knocked over.

Said a young grip talked with him all day and wanted to be a stunt man. The door weighed a ton and really kicked his ass. Knew it was a good take when everyone ooh and ahhh'd.

The second take really sucked. Afterwards the grip said he would so something else in Hollywood.:cool:

Endur
09-23-16, 18:08
Wow that was all kinds of ate up.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-23-16, 18:52
Making breaching, aerobic.

RetroRevolver77
09-23-16, 21:55
I got nothing.

ace4059
09-24-16, 01:29
The video in the OP is not working.

T2C
09-24-16, 01:34

Were these guys the breachers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9flhhwkTTA

jpmuscle
09-24-16, 01:54
Haha, funny.

AKDoug
09-25-16, 13:28
I tried to find another copy of the video but couldn't. That was Anchorage P.D. They had two simultaneous stand offs going on. This one started after the first, so I think we are seeing a video of whoever they could round up to do this. APD isn't exactly a huge department. No excuses for some of the mistakes in the video, but putting it in perspective. Luckily nobody was hurt and hopefully they use this to be better prepared next time.

*** added on edit*** I was texted by a reliable source that this actually was the FBI

AKDoug
09-25-16, 13:31
Found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWJ3wUd5u8

The video claims FBI, but everyone I talked to said APD. Very well could have been FBI since APD was tied up with another barricaded suspect.

*** added on edit*** I was texted by a reliable source that this actually was the FBI

platoonDaddy
02-17-17, 09:40
Just came across this video and have doubts on the legitimacy, anyone have knowledge on this breach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWJ3wUd5u8&feature=youtu.be

bad aim
02-17-17, 09:52
I wonder if this is a training exercise? Dude riding shotgun in the Humvee looks way too relaxed.

platoonDaddy
02-17-17, 09:58
I wonder if this is a training exercise? Dude riding shotgun in the Humvee looks way too relaxed.

I thought about that, but the guy between the garage & house, appears to be hacking a breach point to the side of the house. The street shot, looks like a legit housing development.

Averageman
02-17-17, 10:05
That took so long that any element of surprise was lost and every opportunity for bad, bad things to happen was given.

SomeOtherGuy
02-17-17, 10:05
This video seems to get posted again every 6 months or so. You can find prior discussion by a search.

platoonDaddy
02-17-17, 10:33
This video seems to get posted again every 6 months or so. You can find prior discussion by a search.

My searches only showed postings from Sep of 2016, where did your searches point?

TMS951
02-17-17, 10:37
Love the rifles left leaning on the garage door. That seems safe…

Guying falling off the door step, hilarious.

tehpwnag3
02-17-17, 10:48
FailArmy worthy.

Guying falling off the door step, hilarious.

JC5188
02-17-17, 11:51
Surely that's a training exercise?

#itsrainingsoimastayinthetruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotrodder636
02-17-17, 11:58
I think that would be a good sales ad for that front door...

chuckman
02-17-17, 12:38

Strong bet. A building beside my hospital was going to be razed to build a newer, larger building; the local tac team used it for training. You wouldn't know it was unoccupied.

AKDoug
02-17-17, 13:13
Not a training exercise. It's the real deal. Anchorage Police Department was occupied at that time with a guy that had threatened to shoot some utility workers and then shot at police. He was barricaded in his house and APD didn't have the resources to handle both cases. The video was discussed here the day after it happened. Maybe tied in with another thread, but definitely was discussed.

chuckman
02-17-17, 13:19
Not a training exercise.

For reals. Wow.

dwhitehorne
02-17-17, 13:36
Okay not a SWAT guy here but I have rammed a door before. It was a lot harder than TV makes it look like. I don't understand the door breech and not going in the open door? Could you imagine that being your team and having to show up to next joint training session knowing the video was out on the internet. Who says contractor grade doors are junk :lol: David

Firefly
02-17-17, 13:44
If it makes anybody feel better about themselves, I spent a minute or two ninja kicking a door before saying fack it and turning the knob to discover it was unlocked and opened outward.

ETA this is what it felt like

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AZNV9I1nBF4/UB6SvKtIR6I/AAAAAAAAAWY/fk8_oWh9JCI/s1600/midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg

Also cursing and saying "HIIIYAAAA!" like Bruce Lee did not help

mark5pt56
02-17-17, 15:09
After the third hit, should've attacked the hinges and unassed that stoop.

fallenromeo
02-17-17, 15:22
I am not a LEO, so please forgive if this is an ignorant question, but isn't the point of a breach to get inside? They lost all element of surprise after the first hit, and once they got the door open, they regrouped by the rifle left leaning against the garage? I honestly don't know, so that is why I am asking, but why go through all that trouble to get the door open if they didn't go inside?

donlapalma
02-17-17, 15:56
Man. That was cringey.

Iraqgunz
02-17-17, 18:01
Sounds like some #FakeNews. And in other news it happened like 9 months ago.

BIGUGLY
02-17-17, 18:04
well if that's not a good piece of learning experience I'm not sure what is. No one was hurt except a lot of pride. Its not always very easy to breech a door, and the rain on the wood doorstep definitely doesn't help you put your hips into it.

SteyrAUG
02-17-17, 18:19
After the third hit, should've attacked the hinges and unassed that stoop.

Might have also been nice if he actually hit closer to the lock. The door was bowing open with every hit, the lock was what was holding.

QuickStrike
02-17-17, 19:13
Maybe they gave away the element of surprise and so decided to wait outside to see if the guy thinks it's vandals or something and come out?

+1 level up on stealth.

"Ya'll still out there?!"

".... no.... we gone.... hehe.."

SteyrAUG
02-17-17, 19:27
Maybe they gave away the element of surprise and so decided to wait outside to see if the guy thinks it's vandals or something and come out?

+1 level up on stealth.

"Ya'll still out there?!"

".... no.... we gone.... hehe.."

I think at that point they had to assume the guy was ready and waiting. Pulling back to "think it through" was probably the best thing about that entry.

bighawk
02-17-17, 19:40
There is a product called the haven lock that specifically blocks that portion of the door and is extremely hard to get the door open with it in place.

https://havenlock.com/

(By the way I have no affiliation with this company)

Averageman
02-17-17, 20:08
I think at that point they had to assume the guy was ready and waiting. Pulling back to "think it through" was probably the best thing about that entry.

Honestly, I would guess this door was very reinforced. They're pretty damned lucky at the point the top of the door had a four inch gap for like the tenth time someone didn't just drop a frag out the gap, giggle and run deep in to the interior.
I'm pretty sure this is a "How not to do it" Blooper loop at the Holiday Party.

26 Inf
02-17-17, 20:22
Might have also been nice if he actually hit closer to the lock. The door was bowing open with every hit, the lock was what was holding.

The door knob/lock was out of it's throw hole after the second bang. The door was wedged at the left bottom. If you watch the first couple seconds you'll see the whole door bow from the top left, clear down to the bottom where it is wedged. That is what makes me think it was an FBI SWAT School training exercise despite what others have posted. I don't think you could find five trained field office SWAT guys that would be that lackadaisical.

platoonDaddy
02-17-17, 20:36
The door knob/lock was out of it's throw hole after the second bang. The door was wedged at the left bottom. If you watch the first couple seconds you'll see the whole door bow from the top left, clear down to the bottom where it is wedged. That is what makes me think it was an FBI SWAT School training exercise despite what others have posted. I don't think you could find five trained field office SWAT guys that would be that lackadaisical.

Never doubt AKDoug, he is a straight shooter, reference post # 32

Officers negotiated with Szajkowski throughout the day, but those talks went nowhere. Finally, the FBI used a battering ram to knock down the door of the house. Once inside, police say they gave verbal commands for the suspect to surrender, which he did ending the standoff.

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/12-hour-standoff-between-police-and-armed-man-ends-peacefully-394519111.html

Moose-Knuckle
02-18-17, 04:30
First, yes this has been discussed before, second rifles have slings for a reason, and third the door was reinforced. My front door as two different independent devices to defeat suck attacks.

I have to wonder why the breacher after failed attempts didn't break the glass window on in the door an attempt to dislodge/rake whatever was obstructing the door.

MMQB and all that.

ST911
02-18-17, 07:50
Threads merged.