PDA

View Full Version : LA Police Commission Tells Officers to Run Away

platoonDaddy
09-25-16, 12:30
Soros is funding a plot to nullify our police, once that happens, civil order will collapse.

Completely absurd:

Run away. If a police officer is confronted by a suspect with a weapon, those entrusted to set policies for the Police Department believe officers should run away. That’s the recent finding from the Los Angeles Police Commission which has turned Monday morning quarterbacking into a weekly agenda item at the three-ring circus they preside over every Tuesday morning.

http://www.policemag.com/blog/patrol-tactics/story/2016/09/los-angeles-police-commission-tells-officers-to-run-away-or-else.aspx

MegademiC
09-25-16, 13:26
Hahaha... oh wait they are serious. :/

223to45
09-25-16, 13:38
It is L.A., so I can't say I am surprised.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

glocktogo
09-25-16, 13:43
Why bother responding to calls at all. Let's just create a nationwide online crime reporting tool. We won't actually do anything about them, other than creating statistics for statistics sake. :(

Averageman
09-25-16, 13:44
Now they have to totally re shoot "Heat".
Instead of a shoot out scene it will be a 5K.

SteyrAUG
09-25-16, 14:01
Duty to retreat for LE, man I don't think even England has advocated that crap.

Hootiewho
09-25-16, 14:03
I do not understand why the Police Unions are not raising hell nationwide. (I know why, but still)

In before Monty Python Run Away...

tb-av
09-25-16, 14:06
I wondered when this would happen... Yep... LA sounds about right.

ABNAK
09-25-16, 14:11
When a few average citizens begin to have no choice but to engage these street thugs on their own because the police aren't, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be epic......and so will the crackdown. Not on the thugs, but on those who dared defend themselves and the tools which they used to do so (guns). It will in fact be folks protecting themselves in a nearly lawless society but will be portrayed as "vigilante cowboys who need to be crushed". Maybe that's what they want.......

docsherm
09-25-16, 14:13
Does this also apply when the LAPD are enforcing their crazy gun laws against normal people?

I would guess not.......

ramairthree
09-25-16, 14:24
I do not understand why the Police Unions are not raising hell nationwide. (I know why, but still)

In before Monty Python Run Away...

Why should they.
Big city LE unions have arranged for salaries that can have guys living at affluent salaries with very generous benefits.
They are asking them to avoid risk and danger.
No money in it.

Just keep after the productive, employed, tax paying citizens with careers, families, and homes to lose for fun and profit.

When a two digit GT scored turd can make 2-3 times the annual salary and benefits of a senior operator,
And retire with twice the pension,
Plenty will shrug and say F it when told to avoid danger.

Pilot1
09-25-16, 14:42
They are just "crime monitors". They don't have to stop the crime, just identify that it is indeed happening.

Hootiewho
09-25-16, 14:44
Why should they.
Big city LE unions have arranged for salaries that can have guys living at affluent salaries with very generous benefits.
No money in it.

Just keep after the productive, employed, tax paying citizens with careers, families, and homes to lose for fun and profit.

When a two digit GT scored turd can make 2-3 times the annual salary and benefits of a senior operator,

I completely agree.

Firefly
09-25-16, 14:49
It took me longer than I care to admit that the police of today are good ol boys or Do Boys for some silk assed appointee. Really once I realized generating revenue was priority one after getting injured up pretty good, I did some soul searching. It did not used to be this way. But when pissant women are filling spots they cannot handle and diversity hires with none of the experience nor training I have had are magically filling supervisory slots; it is no longer for me. I'm not like Wyatt Earp or nothing but I have been in some shit and didnt complain. These guys got in, real talk, on the black card yet magically have never worked a black area and never made a felony arrest and are, as if by Elfin Majick Arcane, are wearing white shirts, brass, and know every goddamn thing.

And once you break that executive line, the pay is worth it. You can live fat dumb and happy. But if you arent a protected species, you will never get there.

And now "just run away" is the big idea people have come up with?

What about that whole "people sleep because rough men stand by at night willing to do violence on their behalf?"

Shit. If you arent gonna fight but are still gonna tax who needs you?

I never thought I would be an old hand. Are you kidding me?

HKGuns
09-25-16, 14:58
They should all quit and let it fall apart. Let's see who they are able to hire that are willing to put up with this crap.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-25-16, 14:59
They should make those commissioners go thru some force on force training. Even just a day would give them some perspective, and if they still are douches, release tapes of them getting slaughtered time after time.

Firefly
09-25-16, 15:08
They should make those commissioners go thru some force on force training. Even just a day would give them some perspective, and if they still are douches, release tapes of them getting slaughtered time after time.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder.jpg

Artos
09-25-16, 15:12
Insanity...cannot imagine the chatter going on with LE in the area. Seriously mind boggling even for Cali.

RetroRevolver77
09-25-16, 15:45
Insanity...cannot imagine the chatter going on with LE in the area. Seriously mind boggling even for Cali.

Maybe they can all go on strike for a weekend and see how that works out.

tb-av
09-25-16, 16:29
You can bet that in tomorrow's debate the SCOTUS over-rulled "Stop and Frisk" will come up. Trump said he was for it. Now all he has to say is look, Chicago needs a clean up on isle 9. We can either let the Police do what they are capable of doing, or, like LA, tell them to run away. That means you as citizens will have to personally deal with any and all activity. The deranged, the innocent, the whatever.... you will get to personally interact with every potentially dangerous situation. See how they like that scenario.

Artos
09-25-16, 16:30
I would actually like to see something like this happen simply for the free forum entertainment & prove a point...however, I suspect the vast amount of LE still have enough backbone & class to keep on protecting & serving under such stupid circumstances. I reckon it will take a very unfortunate incident or two where LE is hurt or killed for something like a strike to happen. I could not imagine being LE & having to worry about keeping job in front of my life?? I guess we'll see how it plays out. Sad deal.

Maybe they can all go on strike for a weekend and see how that works out.

Firefly
09-25-16, 16:36
It is unspoken usually but in a lot of cases the police exist to protect a lot of these pieces of shit from their comeuppance.

If there were total anarchy, like Sid Vicious (peace be upon him) sang of...well....

It would not go as well as people think.

Sundown areas would return with a vengeance.

I dont advocate it, but have seen a lot of angry working people who were highly frustrated with all the little red tape

soulezoo
09-25-16, 17:22
You mean like Oakland? (CA)

Why bother responding to calls at all. Let's just create a nationwide online crime reporting tool. We won't actually do anything about them, other than creating statistics for statistics sake. :(

titsonritz
09-25-16, 17:50
They just keep getting crazier and crazier, I am at a loss for words. :shout:

titsonritz
09-25-16, 17:51
You mean like Oakland? (CA)

Isn't that where they are paying the scumbags to behave. :laugh:

3 AE
09-25-16, 18:07
Just read the bios on the Commission members. They set the policies for the Police Commissioner to implement and for the rank and file to adhere to. This is what the "Thin Blue Line" in LA have to abide by. My sympathies go out to all that "Serve & Protect" down there. Pretty much guarantees that Portland, OR will follow suit in the future. Where Cali goes, Oregon follows. :suicide2:

http://www.lapdonline.org/police_commission

williejc
09-25-16, 18:12
L.A's policy comes from the idiots like Feinstein and buddies who put the current brass in charge. I observed decades ago that school superintendents ain't teachers and police chiefs ain't cops. Can someone explain why is it that when a person moves from grunt to supervisor, then his brain turns to shit?

Jsp10477
09-25-16, 18:14
If law enforcement at the state and local level are neutered, people will beg for protection from someone. The federal government will be glad to step in. After all, we were promised a civilian force as powerful and well funded as the military. Sounds like the first steps. Just in time for the civil unrest if Hillary loses in November.

Lord help us.

Firefly
09-25-16, 18:36
L.A's policy comes from the idiots like Feinstein and buddies who put the current brass in charge. I observed decades ago that school superintendents ain't teachers and police chiefs ain't cops. Can someone explain why is it that when a person moves from grunt to supervisor, then his brain turns to shit?

Revenge, usually.

Jellybean
09-25-16, 18:44
Californians, rejoice! You are now saved from complying with all the asinine gun laws over there.
Someone with a badge wants to make a big deal out of what you own, just whip it out and they have to run away.... ;)

When a few average citizens begin to have no choice but to engage these street thugs on their own because the police aren't, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be epic......and so will the crackdown. Not on the thugs, but on those who dared defend themselves and the tools which they used to do so (guns). It will in fact be folks protecting themselves in a nearly lawless society but will be portrayed as "vigilante cowboys who need to be crushed". Maybe that's what they want.......

Exactly.
Even more asinine, it'll likely play out in a case of, you could have multiple assailants beating the crap out of some fellow with sticks and bats and it's "social justice/reparations" but if said victim pulls out a firearm and lays a few of 'em out, it's "they weren't using deadly force, so you were wrong to use a gun"...
Lunacy- it's what's for dinner.

They are just "crime monitors". They don't have to stop the crime, just identify that it is indeed happening.

More "security theater" as one fellow so aptly put it.

They should all quit and let it fall apart. Let's see who they are able to hire that are willing to put up with this crap.

Well, at least BLM will get their "police free" zones like they want. :rolleyes:

26 Inf
09-25-16, 18:45

You are painting with a pretty broad brush there, pretty sure most officers aren't 'two digit GT scored turds.'

You were an 'O' weren't you? Really, in the overall scheme of things 110 ain't that great either.

Some things to consider in making the comparison and denigrating the entire profession are that 1) most police retirements don't come with fully paid health insurance for the whole family; 2) most police officers do not get 30 days vacation a year, and generally only have so many sick days before they either need to begin taking vacation, or time without pay; 3) pretty sure that no police jobs get rations allowances or basic allowance for quarters; 4) police salaries never go tax free, 5) most police officers also don't collect hazardous duty pay or combat pay when people get mad at them.

My standard of living went down considerably when I got out of the Marines as an E-5 and took my first police job.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Tri-Care alone saves me $1,100.00 a month on family insurance and allowed me to retire before 65.

Firefly
09-25-16, 18:53
The reality is a LOT of police retirement doesnt pay out until you hit a certain age.

You could start at 21 and "retire" at 41 and not see a dime until your 50s. They are banking on you dying before they pay you. It makes more sense just to get it out of your system, save your part time money, and get a real job before you hit 40

usmcvet
09-25-16, 19:25
Why should they.
No money in it.

The problem is turning and running is dangerous and won't be done. It's not a lawful order. Not that the commission can give one.

sevenhelmet
09-25-16, 19:39
Californians, rejoice! You are now saved from complying with all the asinine gun laws over there.
Someone with a badge wants to make a big deal out of what you own, just whip it out and they have to run away.... ;)

Probably won't apply to the goon squads that show up when your nosy neighbor or the alphabet-soup special snowflake down the street turns you in for owning a gun though. :rolleyes:

Firefly
09-25-16, 20:11
Different Laws for Different People.

usmcvet is right though. But people will use it to scare and browbeat rookies into choking when it is time to get busy.

Lt. Ellen Ripley said it best "They can bill me".

I'm not dying needlessly for anyone else because some sectarian radical groups fee-fees might get hurt.

PD Sgt.
09-25-16, 20:44

We tried this, including some of the upper level brass. They found the scenarios too violent and "not realistic to they day to day problems faced by officers." They ordered the scenarios to be scaled back, the ultimate "deescalation training."

A few of us argued that you do not train for your easy days, you train for your worst, but it fell on deaf ears.

SteyrAUG
09-25-16, 20:57

Actually if I can get some kind of guarantee that cops are going to vacate when thugs act like thugs, I'm willing to address the problem myself.

Firefly
09-25-16, 21:09
Actually if I can get some kind of guarantee that cops are going to vacate when thugs act like thugs, I'm willing to address the problem myself.

If they get their anarchy, they better be sure they want it.

Real tyrants are waiting to be born.
Not always who you'd.think.

ramairthree
09-25-16, 23:25
The problem is turning and running is dangerous and won't be done. It's not a lawful order. Not that the commission can give one.

I don't think the unions care what is dangerous for the guy.
Less hassle for them and the politicians if they turn and run.

How many riots have you seen on the news because a LEO was shot?

ramairthree
09-25-16, 23:34
You are painting with a pretty broad brush there, pretty sure most officers aren't 'two digit GT scored turds.'

You were an 'O' weren't you? Really, in the overall scheme of things 110 ain't that great either.

Some things to consider in making the comparison and denigrating the entire profession are that 1) most police retirements don't come with fully paid health insurance for the whole family; 2) most police officers do not get 30 days vacation a year, and generally only have so many sick days before they either need to begin taking vacation, or time without pay; 3) pretty sure that no police jobs get rations allowances or basic allowance for quarters; 4) police salaries never go tax free, 5) most police officers also don't collect hazardous duty pay or combat pay when people get mad at them.

My standard of living went down considerably when I got out of the Marines as an E-5 and took my first police job.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Tri-Care alone saves me $1,100.00 a month on family insurance and allowed me to retire before 65.

I enlisted as an E1 and was an NCO when I became an officer 8 years later.

There are plenty of cops who will be happy not to have to run towards the sound of gunfire.

I think you take my meaning as all cops are low quality.
That is not the case.
But you have near the same quality density in LE as you do in SOF.

It's like when someone says,
Teachers colleges have the lowest SATs of all the majors and there are idiot teachers.
You can be a genius and be a teacher, but you don't have to be.

When you were in the military how many 40 hour weeks did you work?
When you were awake at work over 120 hours in one week, and that was not uncommon, how much did you get paid?

Compare a medically retired amputee operator's disability pay to some fat chick NYC cop that twisted her knee.

There are some great guys with low pay in LE.
Some of the big cities have made an art of piling pay and benefits on some pretty low quality personnel though.

Just part of the non sustainable economics we are into here now.

glocktogo
09-26-16, 00:39
I enlisted as an E1 and was an NCO when I became an officer 8 years later.

There are plenty of cops who will be happy not to have to run towards the sound of gunfire.

I think you take my meaning as all cops are low quality.
That is not the case.
But you have near the same quality density in LE as you do in SOF.

It's like when someone says,
Teachers colleges have the lowest SATs of all the majors and there are idiot teachers.
You can be a genius and be a teacher, but you don't have to be.

When you were in the military how many 40 hour weeks did you work?
When you were awake at work over 120 hours in one week, and that was not uncommon, how much did you get paid?

Compare a medically retired amputee operator's disability pay to some fat chick NYC cop that twisted her knee.

There are some great guys with low pay in LE.
Some of the big cities have made an art of piling pay and benefits on some pretty low quality personnel though.

Just part of the non sustainable economics we are into here now.

He's not wrong. There was a scandal locally on city .gov pay. One of the very top paid in the entire city was a Sgt. at the airport. Rolleyes2

Moose-Knuckle
09-26-16, 04:58

Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence (https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/bracken-when-the-music-stops-how-americas-cities-may-explode-in-violence/)

I have no doubt that the power players are using AND funding these useful idiots (BLM) to instigate civil unrest in CONUS. That way they can justify a gun grab, an occupying UN peace keeping force in the name of protecting the human rights of the criminal class here, etc. Obama just said as much at the UN last week. Thankfully these BLM 02 thieves are not that well organized and smoke a lot of weed which makes for short memories. The powers at be want wide spread riots in multiple cities at the same time to cripple the US, right now its just here and there every time a criminal who happens to be of a certain demographic get shot in the act.

26 Inf
09-26-16, 08:34
He's not wrong. There was a scandal locally on city .gov pay. One of the very top paid in the entire city was a Sgt. at the airport. Rolleyes2

I didn't say he was wrong - I said he was painting with a pretty broad brush - it seemed he was including all LE in the 'two digit GT' - that doesn't mean a thing, it is what you do with your gifts that count. There are slug operators, there are slug police officers, there are slug teachers.

Sergeant is often the last rank where you get paid hourly versus salary. If an agency doesn't monitor it is not unusual for an OT whore to rack up some pretty impressive pay checks.

In case we've forgotten, pay disparity is not confined to military versus law enforcement.

Let me enlarge on the pay thing a bit. In some cases Unions have gotten salaries up pretty good. Generally those are areas which are pretty high cost of living areas. The police often to commute to their jobs because 1) they can afford to live in the area they police; or 2) no sane person would want to live in the area they police. RA3 mentioned NYC, that would be an example of my point. Two hundred thousand in NYC may equate to fifty thousand in Boise, Idaho.

usmcvet
09-26-16, 10:38
Different Laws for Different People.

usmcvet is right though. But people will use it to scare and browbeat rookies into choking when it is time to get busy.

Lt. Ellen Ripley said it best "They can bill me".

I'm not dying needlessly for anyone else because some sectarian radical groups fee-fees might get hurt.

I love your quotes buddy. I had to reach back into my memory with the help of a quick internet search to remember who Lt. Ripley was!

If someone is legitimately working 60, 70, 80 hours a week I have no issue with them making the money. There are plenty of people who will not take the OT. It's usually a generational thing around here. I'm salary now. I used to take all the OT I could but it was never huge. I also used to work two jobs, it was always busy in the summer time whit construction work. I'm at the point where I need to pick up a second job now.

Det-Sog
09-26-16, 11:25
Wow... I carried a badge of some sort for 25 years. NO WAY you could convince me to put up with all of the stuff going on now. If my current post LEO career tanks, I'll go sell cars before I pin on another badge.

And no, I'm not drawing ANY pension now. All I got for my 25 years is the county equivalent of a 401k that I won't see until age 65, some cool memories, good friends for life, and a frikking T-shirt. To the poster slinging mud, you are singling out the 5% of LEOs nationwide with the big city union jobs. Out of that 5%, it's 1% of those you can make a case against. Most LEOs are just hard working family people trying to make an honest living, and trying to help some people along the way.

Averageman
09-26-16, 11:39
Isn't this only going to further divide the have's and have not's?
If I have the cash, I can afford the security, if I'm a middle class guy, my stuff is literally up for grabs. Being that this is California, your ability to be armed and protect yourself and your property is even further limited.
So the Cops will back off to avoid a direct confrontation with an armed criminal? What's stopping Anarchy now?
These guys are out to break the system, this is just another step along the way to that goal.

If I HAD to live in California, I would be going in to the Private Security Business and hiring a lot of former LEO's and offering some great benefits.

Firefly
09-26-16, 12:06
Fuggit. What do I gotta do to set up Executive Outcomes-Compton?

Firefly
09-26-16, 12:13
Wow... I carried a badge of some sort for 25 years. NO WAY you could convince me to put up with all of the stuff going on now. If my current post LEO career tanks, I'll go sell cars before I pin on another badge.

And no, I'm not drawing ANY pension now. All I got for my 25 years is the county equivalent of a 401k that I won't see until age 65, some cool memories, good friends for life, and a frikking T-shirt. To the poster slinging mud, you are singling out the 5% of LEOs nationwide with the big city union jobs. Out of that 5%, it's 1% of those you can make a case against. Most LEOs are just hard working family people trying to make an honest living, and trying to help some people along the way.

This bears repeating. They want you to die before they gotta pay you. I literally know 10 people who retired in their 50s and did NOT see 60. All those years of hypervigilance just destroy you.

I know some yankees who worked for some communist dept up north and retired down here because it is cheaper. They literally wrote rich people tickets and got day laid on their lunch break and act like they were in the 'Nam. If I were smarter I xould've done that but didnt. Oh freeking well.

Det-Sog
09-26-16, 13:35
Amen Brother. Be safe out there!!!

TAZ
09-26-16, 13:57
So are they like going to field trial these new policies with the protective details?? I'm thinking that's the best way to validate their worth.

Averageman
09-26-16, 15:00
Fuggit. What do I gotta do to set up Executive Outcomes-Compton?

It sounds funny as hell, but,....
If they are going to back off when confronted, the inevitable conclusion as I see it is more aggressive criminals.
Ironically the guys in organized crime will have to up their ante to keep the street thugs in place and it will escalate from there. If the best a guy can do is sit in his cruiser and report, well, the unintended consequences is a bolder more violent criminal.
Yeah, I would guess there will be a lot of money in private security.
The guys moving cash from the Pot Pharmacies to the cash drops (they can't use banks) in Colorado look like they are leaving the FOB to go secure some third world war lord.

Irish
09-26-16, 16:49
But you have near the same quality density in LE as you do in SOF...

What brought you to this conclusion?

ramairthree
09-26-16, 20:16
What brought you to this conclusion?

Should have read you don't

williejc
09-26-16, 21:50
After studying the thread, I don't think that turn and run will be policy in the nation's departments. We can't expect California leadership to make sense, but even there, I doubt(hope not)that this idea will become policy.

Police work continues to be low paid when small town and country sheriff dept salaries are factored in. Cities with high l.e. salaries also have high fire dept salaries and high salaries for other city workers.

My opinion is that as a group cops are highly screened persons held accountable to high standards. Within any group there is a continuum of aptitude from low to high. But remember, that within these groups, low aptitude will be much higher than the population in general.

Many law enforcement departments in the South and West deny benefit of civil service rules and regulations setting policy on hiring, promotion, and retention. Thus many cops serve at the pleasure of the police chief, mayor, or sheriff.

As a retired teacher, I saw many sorry persons in the role. Several were child molesters. Others were lazy and stupid, yet these undesirables were not representative.
All professions have duds.

T2C
09-26-16, 23:11
LEO are not suppose to run from trouble, they are suppose to run toward it. Their job is to protect our families while we are at work and protect us while we sleep at night, so we in turn should protect them.

If a LEO takes appropriate action when faced with a violent situation, we have a moral obligation to protect them both vocally and politically. I dread the day when LEO are stripped of the ability to protect us. Anyone who has traveled to lawless places overseas and witnessed people who lived in constant threat of violence by lawless individuals understand.

HCrum87hc
09-28-16, 08:50
I was sure this had to be an onion article... This may be one of the most inane thoughts I've seen. That sounds like something you'd see in England with their cops with no guns.

SomeOtherGuy
09-28-16, 14:00
Soros is funding a plot to nullify our police, once that happens, civil order will collapse.

Of course that's the goal. And then the "failure" of police to respond will be used to justify creating a federal force to take over local policing roles, to effectively eliminate local sovereignty of anything.