PDA

View Full Version : Status of Magpul CTR stock?

RyanS
06-14-06, 16:28
Does anyone know what the status of the new Magpul stock models is, in particular the CTR? Also, if anyone has had a chance to finger it, what's your opinion? Thanks.

C4IGrant
06-14-06, 17:21
Does anyone know what the status of the new Magpul stock models is, in particular the CTR? Also, if anyone has had a chance to finger it, what's your opinion? Thanks.

I have held them (at Shot) and they are great! Magpul should start shipping the military model in 1-2 weeks. I have a bunch of them on order if interested.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/CTR.jpg

jmart
06-14-06, 19:52
I just don't see what they offer over a Vltor or Crane slider. I always thought the M93B's had some unique features, the main one being a better cheek rest that the other sliders. Also, they were tough as nails, and they had the preset so you go from fully closed to extended to your preset position without fiddlling with it. Is this really any different than other offerings?

C4IGrant
06-14-06, 20:03
I just don't see what they offer over a Vltor or Crane slider. I always thought the M93B's had some unique features, the main one being a better cheek rest that the other sliders. Also, they were tough as nails, and they had the preset so you go from fully closed to extended to your preset position without fiddlling with it. Is this really any different than other offerings?

I think you might be confusing the CTR with UBR. They (Magpul) have never made anything like the CTR before now. It is a cost effective item as it will retail for $97 and give guys with non-milspec receiver extensions the ability to ditch their cheap collapsible stocks. In the past when they wanted to upgrade their stock, they also have had to upgrade their receiver extension as well.

The UBR is the M93B replacement and will compete with the more expensive LMT SOPMOD kit.

C4

UBR
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/UBR.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/UBR2.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/UBR3.jpg

jmart
06-14-06, 20:26
I think you might be confusing the CTR with UBR. They (Magpul) have never made anything like the CTR. It is a cost effective item as it will retail for $97 and give guys with non-milspec receiver extensions the ability to ditch their cheap collapsible stocks. In the past when they wanted to upgrade their stock, they also have had to upgrade their receiver extension as well.

The UBR is the M93B replacement and will compete with the more expensive LMT SOPMOD kit.

C4

UBR
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/UBR.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/UBR2.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/UBR3.jpg

Thank you for clarifying that for my sorry ass.:o

Griz
06-14-06, 22:34
I just don't see what they offer over a Vltor or Crane slider. I

Both of those do double duty as beard pluckers. :mad:

The way the CTR has a friction lock might take out enough rattle that it won't grab beard hairs... I'm just speculating here since I have never tried one.

Fireman223
06-15-06, 11:42
Grant, would the UBR be a good choice of an upgrade for my non-milspec OlyArms K3B-A3? When you worked on my rifle you told me the LMT probably wouldn't fit, (that I should also spend that money on a milspec rifle first...:) )
but I'm tired of hearing the rattle of my stock.
(Sorry for the hijack RyanS.....;) )

C4IGrant
06-15-06, 12:14
Grant, would the UBR be a good choice of an upgrade for my non-milspec OlyArms K3B-A3? When you worked on my rifle you told me the LMT probably wouldn't fit, (that I should also spend that money on a milspec rifle first...:) )
but I'm tired of hearing the rattle of my stock.
(Sorry for the hijack RyanS.....;) )

You can use the LMTl, but you just have to change out the receiver extension. The UBR also requires you to remove the factory receiver extension.

The CTR comes in two version (non-mil spec and mil-spec) The non-mil spec CTR will work with your existing receiver extension.

C4

RyanS
06-15-06, 12:26
I have held them (at Shot) and they are great! Magpul should start shipping the military model in 1-2 weeks. I have a bunch of them on order if interested.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/CTR.jpg

Thanks Grant. Could you post some pics when you get them in? I'd like to see how compare visually, and in other ways, side by side to the say the Vltor. My interest is piqued.

C4IGrant
06-15-06, 12:37
Thanks Grant. Could you post some pics when you get them in? I'd like to see how compare visually, and in other ways, side by side to the say the Vltor. My interest is piqued.

Will do!

C4

Fireman223
06-15-06, 22:00

Mine too!

and thank you. :D

ROSS4712
06-15-06, 22:50
I should be receiving a pre-production model this week and have it mounted on my commando for some swat training. I hope it gets here before next weeks swat competition then I can put it to good use.

I got to handle the one at shot show and it was solid so I expect it to be like everything else from Magpul......excellent and well made.

I'll definitely put a report of the stock with pics and how it holds up to some use.

Ross:cool:

HAMMERDROP
06-16-06, 21:50
My first post here on M4carbine ... Hey Bros' ...
I hope to get my pre-production CTR in a week or so also ...ordered it yesterday. Been beggin' Rich for months cause I figured these pre-production models would get snapped up in a zinute.
I see Magpul possibly assescorizing the CTR down the road by adding some battery tubes on the side where the holes are like a VLTOR ...just a thought.
And I finally got YoJimbo beat he had to buy his wife new furniture a few years back but got to build a sweet AR , I had to buy my wife a 2007 Saturn Sky ... to get a CTR ...oh well LOL

C4IGrant
06-17-06, 07:21
My first post here on M4carbine ... Hey Bros' ...
I hope to get my pre-production CTR in a week or so also ...ordered it yesterday. Been beggin' Rich for months cause I figured these pre-production models would get snapped up in a zinute.
I see Magpul possibly assescorizing the CTR down the road by adding some battery tubes on the side where the holes are like a VLTOR ...just a thought.
And I finally got YoJimbo beat he had to buy his wife new furniture a few years back but got to build a sweet AR , I had to buy my wife a 2007 Saturn Sky ... to get a CTR ...oh well LOL

Hey HD! Glad to see you got on!

C4

Hobbes
06-17-06, 10:22
Since we're on the subject of Magpul stocks, is there any update on the UBR? Projected release date and price?

molsen
06-17-06, 10:29
Slight hi-jack, but I was wondring if Magpul was invited to M4Carbine.net.

STAFF
06-17-06, 11:00
Slight hi-jack, but I was wondring if Magpul was invited to M4Carbine.net.

Magpul was invited and they may advertise with us.

Razoreye
06-19-06, 15:03
Bump.

Grant I'm interested. I haven't gotten my lower just yet; between the two I'm looking at are they both (DSC and RRA) mil spec?

Can't wait to see some pics, etc.

C4IGrant
06-19-06, 15:27
Bump.

Grant I'm interested. I haven't gotten my lower just yet; between the two I'm looking at are they both (DSC and RRA) mil spec?

Can't wait to see some pics, etc.

The only mil-spec receiver extension being sold with lowers are LMT, Colt, FN and STAG.

C4

Wulf50guy
06-19-06, 15:33
I definitely like the looks of that UBR.

Razoreye
06-19-06, 16:11
Either way, I'm sure you'll fix me up! :D

Hawkeye
06-20-06, 19:42
I need both a CTR and a UBR when they are available....hint hint....

Razoreye
06-22-06, 13:30
BUMP! Need some pix and a review ASAP. :D Tomorrow is the release date!

TigerStripe
06-23-06, 11:56
BUMP! Need some pix and a review ASAP. :D Tomorrow is the release date!

+1 If today is the day, me too.

TS

Razoreye
06-23-06, 15:23
Should have been released today! Don't know how quick the dealers get them but I need a stock! :D

What's the price? And don't say 97 bucks because I can just order direct from Magpul. It's gotta be cheaper.

C4IGrant
06-23-06, 16:41
Should have been released today! Don't know how quick the dealers get them but I need a stock! :D

What's the price? And don't say 97 bucks because I can just order direct from Magpul. It's gotta be cheaper.

Just spoke to Magpul & they said the CTR's won't ship till next week. They made a last minute change tosome spring.

C4

altav
06-23-06, 16:58
Just spoke to Magpul & they said the CTR's won't ship till next week. They made a last minute change tosome spring.

C4

Please put me on your list for one.

Razoreye
06-23-06, 17:40

C4
ARRRGH! Alright. I'm gonna hound this thread like a fly on shit!

HAMMERDROP
06-23-06, 18:06
...they told me last week they would not ship til this week because of the spring situation ... oh well alot closer than last month - apparently the stocks are molded and semi-functional they are just waiting on the spring to be made stiffer, which if sent as it is would be a disappointment to many...

TigerStripe
06-25-06, 22:58
I'd like to get one to replace my Tan 6-position on my DPMS M4.

TS

twl
06-26-06, 07:47
I also handled the stock and talked to Rich at the Magpul booth at the SHOT Show.

I liked the stock.

The main things that I liked were that it had strong construction, but didn't weigh alot.
The other thing I liked was a reasonable price.
I'm really not lusting after a buttstock that costs over $200.
I think that a good strong collapsible stock with nice features, that costs under $100, like this new Magpul, is a very attractive item.

I definitely plan to try one.

HAMMERDROP
06-26-06, 18:01
I wonder if today is the day ? Grant have you heard anything ?

Razoreye
06-28-06, 16:36
I dunno. I'm in the market for a stock and this would fit the bill. My build is holding on this.:p

nickdrak
06-29-06, 04:26
Hello to all!
I was told when I called on Monday (06/26) that they would have the new springs this week, and the pre-production CTR's would start shipping on Friday (06/30).

HAMMERDROP
06-29-06, 05:26
...be still my heart. . .

molsen
06-29-06, 17:05
I just got off the phone from ordering my CTR and the lady that took my order said they were being built now and that they'd start shipping next week.

Razoreye
06-30-06, 12:57
I just got off the phone from ordering my CTR and the lady that took my order said they were being built now and that they'd start shipping next week.
What price? $97? My build is only waiting on this now. :D

molsen
06-30-06, 14:24
What price? $97? My build is only waiting on this now. :D
Yeah, I think so. I was charged $130 there abouts because I also got the rubber butt pad for it.

Steven T
07-01-06, 12:33
Grant will the first run be availible in Coyote, or will it only be Black? I have been holding off ordering a new stock until these are availible. Also any idea how long until the model for the non mil spec buffer tube model is out?
Thanks Steve.

C4IGrant
07-01-06, 12:59
Grant will the first run be availible in Coyote, or will it only be Black? I have been holding off ordering a new stock until these are availible. Also any idea how long until the model for the non mil spec buffer tube model is out?
Thanks Steve.

I was under the impression that they were going to release all colors. No ETA on the non Mil-Spec models, but would have to imagine that they are not far out. I also think this model will be far more popular than the Mil-Spec model.

C4

molsen
07-01-06, 14:13
Thanks Steve.
Not Grant, but when I ordered mine, they only had Mil-Spec pre-production ones available, but they were available in Black or Dark Earth.

Stickman
07-01-06, 14:43
Thanks Steve.

I'm not Grant, but coyote & black should be hitting dealers or customers right about now.

HAMMERDROP
07-01-06, 14:57
I keep waiting to see a reply that somebody got theirs ...but I'll bet right now there are boxes post marked in the shadows @ UPS !

molsen
07-01-06, 15:13
I'm not Grant, but coyote & black should be hitting dealers or customers right about now.
From what I was told by Magpul, that isn't very likely since they haven't started shipping yet.

altav
07-01-06, 16:00

Magpul told me yesterday that they will begin shipping black and fde sometime next week.

Razoreye
07-06-06, 15:08
:bump:

By the way BravoCompanyUsa, I sent you a PM like 3 days ago.

HAMMERDROP
07-06-06, 17:30
...-per my inside source @Magpul(the gal who answers the phone) she sez the CTR stocks will begin being shipped 7-7 , I thought as I hung up well I've heard that before so I called back and talked to a different girl and she said they are boxed up and in the warehouse... so I asked her to make sure I was on their shippng manifest and she said I was ... arriving Saturday I doubt it but Monday or Tuesday for sure considering they use UPS ground ... FYI

KevinB
07-07-06, 16:21
Grant can you ship these to APO's?

Pat_Rogers
07-07-06, 19:31
I had three of them loaned out at my carbine class in Boone County last week.
Pretty neat unit. Nothing negative from the shooters or from my perspective.
Like everything Rich makes, it is solid, well designed and extremely useful in application.
For the fashion conscious, it was 2 FDE and 1 black.

RyanS
07-07-06, 19:54
I had three of them loaned out at my carbine class in Boone County last week.
Pretty neat unit. Nothing negative from the shooters or from my perspective.
Like everything Rich makes, it is solid, well designed and extremely useful in application.
For the fashion conscious, it was 2 FDE and 1 black.

Ooooh... Pat, any photos? I live vicariously through the pictures of the AARs over on 10-8 Forums.

Pat_Rogers
07-07-06, 20:15
As a matter of fact i have a whole bunch of pics. I just need some time to get them posted over there!
The AAR's give a fair representation of how things move along in a class- glad that you like them!

Razoreye
07-07-06, 20:40
Pat, please post a few pictures here with the stocks attached and at various angles if you can. Thanks!!

Pat_Rogers
07-08-06, 09:09
Razoreye- i wish i had the time to do that. My reality is that i am busy- just returned from 4 classes, and head out again today to NC for mil classes. I'd like to take requests for images, but it won't happen.
I generally restrict myself to 10-8 due to the fact that people have to post in real names- making it more user friendly for all- and the fact that i mod there as well. Any images i post will have to be there only.
Sorry!!

C4IGrant
07-08-06, 09:30
Grant can you ship these to APO's?

Shoot me an e-mail and I will see what I can do.

C4

Razoreye
07-08-06, 16:19
Razoreye- i wish i had the time to do that. My reality is that i am busy- just returned from 4 classes, and head out again today to NC for mil classes. I'd like to take requests for images, but it won't happen.
I generally restrict myself to 10-8 due to the fact that people have to post in real names- making it more user friendly for all- and the fact that i mod there as well. Any images i post will have to be there only.
Sorry!!
Understood, sir!

Business takes precedence. Good luck with classes! Teach 'em well!

Pat_Rogers
07-08-06, 16:45
Thank you for understanding!

nickdrak
07-10-06, 13:07
Update:

I just got off the phone with Magpul, and I was told that the black/milspec stocks will start shipping tomorrow....

mtdawg169
07-10-06, 15:39
Sounds familiar...;) I wonder what the holdup has been since last week when they were supposed to be ready to ship?

HAMMERDROP
07-10-06, 18:27
Probably manpower... being understaffed for assembly - just a guess I have never seen his facility but I doubt he employs that many people. . .
the 4th of July probably threw it off a couple of days, too. IMO
Okay so now we're close to its release does anybody predict in the future we'll see battery tubes as buyable
accessories for the CTR? The body appears to have mounting slots molded into it , or am I imagining it?

mtdawg169
07-10-06, 20:45
Don't get me wrong, I love Magpul products & have a CTR on order, but I doubt it.:( Most of what I've read concerning storage options has pointed only to the UBR for those options. I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. Considering that many planned options for the 93B never materialized, I'm not counting on it. But that's OK, I can stick batteries in my TD Battlegrip & I'll have a slick, lightweight & solid adjustable stock mounted on the rear.:)

Stickman
07-10-06, 22:20
The body appears to have mounting slots molded into it , or am I imagining it?

You are not imagining, but all that means is that a smart company is keeping their options open.

Its a very nice stock, I can't see many people not liking it.

SuicideHz
07-11-06, 12:06
I called magpul yesterday and ordered one in black with the rubber buttpad.

$125 and some change, shipping today, July 11th.

molsen
07-12-06, 23:33
Has anyone CONFIRMED that their stocks have shipped yet? I'm not able to call Magpul during the day to confirm and my CC hasn't been charged yet.

nickdrak
07-12-06, 23:52
I was told that mine would ship on Tuesday, and that I would receive an email notification when it shipped. No email and No charge to my card as of yet:(

HAMMERDROP
07-13-06, 07:07
Yeah I'm freakin I ordered mine so long ago they probably forgot about me ...and they zapped my credit card already but we'll see. I know Rich is good for it, he's probably got so many irons in the fire that he just cannot keep up with his faithful ...

I am hoping today ...

SuicideHz
07-13-06, 12:04
I was thinking those slots all over the stock were for mounting BFG or similiar sling stubs or straps...

HAMMERDROP
07-13-06, 17:17
I was told today that a military contract had to fullfilled so it looks like next week for the civvys... oh well

SuicideHz
07-14-06, 00:04
next week now?

goddamnit!

Don't tell me mine will ship tomorrow just because you know I have my credit card in my hand!

The military and LEO preorders should have already gone out.

Isn't that where yours came from Stick?

Stickman
07-14-06, 00:09
No, mine ended up with me a different way. I continue to enjoy it, and have been beating on one of them quite a bit lately. It is rather boring in the amount of abuse it takes. It just doesn't seemed phased by much so far.

persona non grata
07-14-06, 00:35
Are they going to make an AR10 version?

molsen
07-14-06, 08:59
Are they going to make an AR10 version?
This stock will work on an AR-10.

HAMMERDROP
07-14-06, 12:38
That is one thing my firearms addiction has taught me is patience, without patience I'd be galded and raw all the time. maybe Rich will throw in a goody for our collective inconvenience ? I doubt it, but soon enough we'll be posting pictures just a matter of time. I know Magpul wants these things out there ... just count to '10' ...

nickdrak
07-14-06, 15:09
next week now?

The military and LEO preorders should have already gone out.

I ordered mine through the LE/Mil "preorder" promo and mine has not shipped yet:(

ETA: Just got off the phone with them and I was told that they just printed up the shipping labels, and they should start shipping later this afternoon and on Monday, so hang in there!!!

SuicideHz
07-14-06, 15:21
fiance says there's something sitting on our doorstep and it's not the mat!

it might be a few samples of the ACU greens from LCW though...

SuicideHz
07-14-06, 16:52
nope. it was the two samples from Lauer...

:(

mtdawg169
07-17-06, 16:35
Well, here's the latest. I've been patiently waiting on mine to ship & expected it to show up last week while I was home. I called today to confirm that I was on the shipping manifest & check in on the progress.

Wednesday is the new target shipping date. I hope they finally get out of the warehouse, "next week" is getting a little old.

Even still, I'm looking forward to receiving it because all feedback I've heard so far has been very good. Magpul does make a good product & it sounds like the CTR will deliver.

EliteA4Aggie
07-17-06, 21:25
i guess i should maybe order me one of these stocks when they are available. from what i'm hearing on the message boards its the best things since sliced cheese.:D

HAMMERDROP
07-18-06, 07:05
I called again yesterday... I dont want to annoy Magpul by calling all the time so I've relied on you guys and a weekly call. Well heres what I was told when asked specifically if I was being shipped a CTR this week, "Its in the warehouse." So I left it at that said ThankYou and got outta Dodge but I doubt if she really knew where my exact stock is, not that I'm losing confidence in her but punching keys on a computer doesn't tell me what I want to know and we know what that is ..." WHERE IS MY C T R ?"
I am not becoming impatience but being told one thing and seeing another is a test point. I have all the confidence it will get here... so maybe I am getting a little antsy.
I just want to get this gun done I knew the CTR was the stock I wanted when I saw pics from the SHOT show.

KevinB
07-18-06, 10:59
I know some people that have them ;)

Mine is waiting when I get back from OCONUS...

SuicideHz
07-20-06, 11:51
Anyone get theirs yet??

molsen
07-20-06, 15:11
My card was just charged, so hopefully that means it'll get here tomorrow sometime.:D

SuicideHz
07-20-06, 15:16
Charged today and arriving tomorrow would be damn good shipping!

molsen
07-20-06, 16:41
I usually get things next day when I order from Magpul. They're only about 60 or 70 miles away from me.

RyanS
07-20-06, 16:56
My card was just charged, so hopefully that means it'll get here tomorrow sometime.:D

Be sure to give us a review and post pics.

Stickman
07-20-06, 20:31
If you wanted pictures, all you had to do was ask.

Is there anything in particular you were looking for, or just the overall stock?

molsen
07-20-06, 20:41
I lied.:(

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1146722/CTR.JPG

It was just dropped off a few minutes ago. :D

The upper is out getting a LaRue 7.0 installed, but once I get it back, I'll get some more photos taken and start reviewing it.

Nitrox
07-20-06, 21:58
I can dig a new product but I don't see what is so ground breaking.

Maybe I'm just a simpleton who likes simple things.

RyanS
07-21-06, 08:25
If you wanted pictures, all you had to do was ask.

Is there anything in particular you were looking for, or just the overall stock?

Nothing in particular Stick. I guess I feel that the more pictures I can see the better I idea I can get about this stock, short of handling one myself. I did check out your thread on AR15.com regarding the stock...you have a gift for photography I might add.

Stickman
07-21-06, 17:17
Mixed in with other stocks.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8186/stocks7dh.jpg

Stickman
07-21-06, 17:18
Optional rubber end plate.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9712/ctrbaclviewstick6hm.jpg

Stickman
07-21-06, 17:18
On a weapon.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9003/dd120fspctrstick25ib.jpg

Stickman
07-21-06, 17:19
FDE CTR shown next to a Norrells tan magazine.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2057/fdectr0hj.jpg

molsen
07-23-06, 21:40
Here's the finished product. Now I just have to decide what kind of sling set-up I want to go with.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1146722/CTRM4.JPG

From left to right:

Magpul CTR on CMT 6 position tube
Bushmaster lower
Magpul MIAD
Magpul metal trigger guard
Bravo Company 14.5" upper w/ CMT BCG
Troy BUIS
EOTech 552 w/ LaRue mount
LaRue 7.0 rail system
Magpul XT rail panels
Tangodown Vert grip
permanently attached Sabre Defence Extended A2 flash hider

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the range this week and start breaking it in.

Cold Zero
07-23-06, 21:59
nice blaster.

how do you like the ctr compared with the m93b?:confused:

Stickman
07-23-06, 23:39
I've used both, and its apples and oranges to me. If you are looking for an ultra heavy duty stock, the M93 series can't be beat. I would expect the upcoming UBR to be quite similar.

For a light weight stock that locks in tight, and can still take abuse, the CTR seems to be working out quite well.

molsen
07-24-06, 19:13
nice blaster.

how do you like the ctr compared with the m93b?:confused:
Stickman pretty much hit that nail right on the head.

Also, of the 4 rifles I have with collapsible stocks, 3 have M93Bs and the one above has the CTR. Yes, I'm a Magpul whore.:cool:

Cold Zero
07-24-06, 22:26
certain co.'s you can't go wrong with anything they make.

magpul makes a quality product.

good luck with the blaster.

mtdawg169
07-25-06, 15:23
Well, mine just arrived! I am working on a new upper build for this one & I'll post pics when the rifle is complete. You pretty much get the idea from above what they look like.

Now for first impressions...

Stick has done a fantastic job with pics and some torture test feedback. i can understand his impressions of sturdiness now that I have one in hand. It is very robust for a traditional style collapsible stock. I don't think it's fair to compare to the M93. They are basically different animals. The improved, solid feel thay many people love about the M93 carries over here though. Cheek weld feels very good in the more collapsed positions. The thing that has stood out most though is the simple, but ingenious lock up system. I didn't realize how the locking lever was manipulated, until handling one. It fits smooth & flush with the downward angled part of the stock when closed. I was concerned that unlocking the stock to adjust would be a two step process of flipping the locking lever downward & then squeezing the adjustment lever to slide the stock. Fortunately, that's not the case. You simply squeeze the lever under the extension tube & it pushes the locking lever down automatically. Allowing quick adjustments just like the standard CAR stock. You can then go right to shooting if you need or you can squeeze the lock lever upward into position to. My only other thoughts are that the CTR may be a bit overpriced, but not much. It is a very high quality product. However, at $97 it is directly competing with the Vltor kits that offer a wider cheek weld & storage compartments for the same price. A price somewhere between a std. CAR & the Vltor, maybe $75 - $80 would be a little more palatable. For a simple, sleek, solid & lightweight stock, there is no better option. Magpul designed a winner with the CTR.

C4IGrant
07-26-06, 12:05
I got my CTR in today and must say that it is an excellent piece of gear. The locking system is excellent, but the built in buttpad is the best feature IMHO as the only other stock to do this is the SOPMOD.

I did a fit test witht he CMT 6 position, VLTOR 5 position and the LMT 5 position receiver extensions. I tested 5 of each RE to make sure there wasn't an odd ball one. The CMT had the best (tightest) fit and the LMT and VLTOR seemed to fit the same. The best looking (fit and finish) is of course the VLTOR RE. Since the CTR has a locking system, it really doesn't matter which RE you go with as they will all lock in solid.

C4

nickdrak
07-26-06, 13:26
http://i7.tinypic.com/2129xc8.jpg

nickdrak
07-26-06, 13:30
http://i7.tinypic.com/2129xc8.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/212a2hd.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/212a3v4.jpg

Not_A_Llama
07-26-06, 14:26
I was thinking those slots all over the stock were for mounting BFG or similiar sling stubs or straps...
On the ARFCOM thread, there's pics now of cheekpieces that attach to those slots.

Does anyone know if the commercial spec and milspec models are being produced concurrently? I do so wish there were a single design that could do both well.

SuicideHz
07-26-06, 17:38
Yes, and it was just yesterday I realized that a sling can't be placed through those slots because of the buffer tube- unless you aren't interested in the stock closing...

I received mine today and I must say, it's very nice. It seems a little smaller than I expected for some reason. Not sure why. I guess I expected it to be bigger than the standard ribbed stocks, which it isn't.

For those of you that have tried- are the hex screws holding the buttpad on the same size as the MIAD hex screw?

The "butt plug" is also a nice feature for keeping sand, dirt and debri out of the stock in case you don't have or didn't order the rubber pad.

Loner
07-26-06, 17:45
On the ARFCOM thread, there's pics now of cheekpieces that attach to those slots.

Does anyone know if the commercial spec and milspec models are being produced concurrently? I do so wish there were a single design that could do both well.

As per Magpul CTR for nonmilspec tubes will follow shortly after the milspec models which should be "soon".

I got a FDE and black CTR and the black might replace the LMT sopmod, if not then I would have to build another lower, then an upper :D, what now if the UBR comes out :D

HAMMERDROP
07-26-06, 18:29
Its been major FBAR here in St Louis, Hammers' been sweating in the dark - I missed you guys, got my CTR last Friday couldn't do anything til today. I ordered a Vltor buffer tube from Grant and it arrived today slid in like the proverbial ...well it went in very nicely. Thanks Grant I appreciate all you do. I got it installed in about 15 minutes. I like it but I agree w/Suicide when its closed it is short. But I've been running a car-fiberite stock with a fat Sog Armory buttstock pad so I've been used to that added length of pull. But I will adapt.

SuicideHz
07-27-06, 08:07
I didn't mean short exactly, I just meant it is more compact than I expected- being no bigger than a standard ribbed stock. I have a feeling that the standard ribbed stock might fit right in the Magpul Box and it's little cutout. I'm just used to the SOPMOD which "seems" bigger in every dimension.

One thing I mentioned to someone else through PM was the fact that if you've got it locked down, you can't adjust the stock quietly. I'm not sure if this is an important factor or not. Try it- when you squeeze the lever to adjust, the tensioner goes "pop." I guess you just need to make sure you have it properly adjusted before you go sneaking around the bad guys back yard and onto his porch, right?

Robb Jensen
07-28-06, 06:54
I just got mine on Wed. I really like it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/1fc5f20c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/b73a10d1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/eb3ea719.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/8b52d057.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/4e6ed326.jpg

olds442tyguy
07-29-06, 20:38
Whoops. Didn't realize there was a sixth page when I clicked reply.

HAMMERDROP
07-30-06, 10:09
compact is a better term than short. I termed it short because side by side to the CAR stock I ran which had an added 2-7/8 inches lop collapsed w/ the SOG Armory buttstock pad it is shorter. So it was just a personal observation of a piece of equipment I had become very used to and had just swapped out and 'short' was my initial reaction to the installed CTR... of course my knuckles drag the ground anyway ...LOL

rsilvers
08-01-06, 19:16
http://www.silencertests.com/albums/AAC/IMG_4142.sized.jpg (http://www.silencertests.com/albums/AAC/IMG_4142.jpg)

I really love the CTR. Here is it on my LMT 10.5. I could tell they really had something the second I first saw it.

MSU721
08-03-06, 19:25
Just got mine last night...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/MSU721/CTR/DSC00092.jpg

I''ll have pictures of it on my rifle as soon as my parts come in from G&R...

Oh Grant :D

EliteA4Aggie
08-04-06, 20:51
got mine in this morning:)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k34/aggiebob07/DSC00134.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k34/aggiebob07/DSC00135.jpg

royta
12-22-06, 02:58
What is the overall length of a 16" barreled rifle with the CTR stock fully collapsed? It's not less than 30" is it?