PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon HD and Ameriglo Hackathorns

Cincinnatus15
09-28-16, 06:53
It seems like they're essentially the same sight with the Hack sights having a slightly thinner front sight (.004") and a slightly wider rear sight (.011"). A complaint people have about the HD's is that they tend to dig into their sides or guts depending on how they're carried. Also, they Hack sights are cheaper at almost half the price. If you're looking for a Trijicon HD type sight but don't want to pay the money, the Hacks seem pretty darn similar and tend to get good reviews. Only difference other than very slight differences in height and width is the Hackathorn sights have a blacked out rear.

dfwsheepdog
09-28-16, 07:14
It seems like they're essentially the same sight with the Hack sights having a slightly thinner front sight (.004") and a slightly wider rear sight (.011"). A complaint people have about the HD's is that they tend to dig into their sides or guts depending on how they're carried. Also, they Hack sights are cheaper at almost half the price. If you're looking for a Trijicon HD type sight but don't want to pay the money, the Hacks seem pretty darn similar and tend to get good reviews. Only difference other than very slight differences in height and width is the Hackathorn sights have a blacked out rear.
I have the hackathorn version w/tritium on my g17 carry and I like it a lot. I have the I.C.E. training claw rear by Rob Pincus and it's a winning combo. I have shot some pistols with red dots and I find my set up to be faster, training could be a factor

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ST911
09-28-16, 08:02
I have both Hacks and HDs. I like them both, but they are different sights with their own quirks and nuances in different light conditions.

Damn_yankee
09-28-16, 08:21
The Ameriglo Spartans are actually more similar to the HD's. As mentioned above, the Hack's have just a plain rear sight. The Spartan rears have tritium viles with no outline like the HD's. The Spartans are lower profile too making them less of a snag point and less apt to poke you while carrying.

Furbyballer
09-28-16, 09:25
Ive been carrying my glock 19 or 26 on my person every day for a year now and have not had problems with the HDs. In fact, they are my favorite sights I have used and I am in the process of putting them on most of my collection. However, I carry appendix and most of the complaints seem to come from people who carry at the 3-4 o'clock.

Beat Trash
09-28-16, 09:36
I have both the Trijocon HD and the Amarillo Spartan on pistols. I strongly prefer the Spartans.

Jmacken37
09-28-16, 15:02
Love me the Hacks but I'll give these spartans a try, too.

MStarmer
09-30-16, 14:55
Hack's for the win... I have both and you can't go wrong with either. I have HD's on a couple of guns but at $150 a set it's hard to stomach, especially when I can get a set of Hack's for $63 on sale.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg68/mstarmer/20160131-DSC_2072-2.jpg (http://s245.photobucket.com/user/mstarmer/media/20160131-DSC_2072-2.jpg.html)

Opie
10-01-16, 17:30
I like the Trijicon HD's better when shooting, but they do cut through my t-shirts and scratch the hell out of my arm on occasion. The Hacks are not nearly as sharp.