PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Anderson County, S.C., school

titsonritz
09-28-16, 14:37
I am hear on the news of another schools shooting, suspect in custody.

Sam
09-28-16, 15:49
Here is a link to your story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/28/police-respond-to-reports-possible-shooting-at-south-carolina-school.html

Alex V
09-28-16, 15:54
2 students, 1 teacher shot. No casualties. Suspect in custody.

Hootiewho
09-28-16, 16:28
I will post some of what I posted on lightfighter...

This happened at my Nephew's elementary school a few hours ago. I have been on the road, but figured I would post it up should anyone hear about it on the news tonight. My nephew is safe. I know all the details of what is going on but it has not been released yet (though will be shortly). There are multiple scenes, with a dead white male found at a separate site. Perp has ties to the school and the other scene. Perp is young. There are no terrorist ties or anything of that nature. Perp is known locally and is "troubled". I will give a little more info into what I personally know after they do a proper release. Perp has had past run in's with being caught with a weapon at school. It is a relative of the perp who was found dead.

IMHO, there is a ton of BS involved in this one. If you have someone in your family with mental issues, ADDRESS IT. I have a Mother and Brother who committed suicide. I know first hand how it is to be related to the crazys. It doesn't matter how much you love them, if they are crazy you need to be proactive or do not be surprised when bad shit happens. If the warning signs are there you do not look the other way and you most certainly do not take on the world in defense of your (mother/brother/kid/wife/husband) who has issues but you decide they have been wrongly prosecuted. Kids must also know being bullied is NOT an excuse to start shooting people. That is all I will say for now.

On a personal note, this sucked. I am only a couple miles from that school. I have been through the FLETC Active Shooter program and keep a good reponse kit in my truck, but just so happened that today I was working in a different part of the state. Luckily a LEO (squared away dude) was at the school and intercepted the perp outside before he could get in. I hate to think what would have happened had he gotten inside. NEVER EVER assume this shit will always happen elsewhere or be someone else's problem. Keep shit with you to deal with this problem always because you never know. You could be there picking your kid up early and all hell breaks loose.

You can google WYFF, WSPA, or Foxcarolina for local coverage.

ColtSeavers
09-28-16, 16:44
Glad it all did not end up worse (than it already is) and thank you HootieWho for the insight and hopefully more insight later.

Hootiewho
09-28-16, 16:58
They just release enough for me to say this. The shooter supposedly killed his father earlier and the father was found earlier. The kid had supposedly the victim of "bullying" and had been caught at school with a edged weapon prior to this event today. He had been bumped around to a couple schools according to what I heard. There is other issues here I will not get into, but it appears LE found the Dad and put 2 and 2 together on the kid, and sent LE to schools the kid had attended. They got lucky.

Seriously Guys. NEVER assume this cannot happen to you. My Nephew is at my house right now. Little Booger is shook up. Pisses me off like you cannot imagine.

HCrum87hc
09-29-16, 09:18
I'm also pretty local to this. Unless you have an inside source, some of your info is a bit off from what's been put out by the police. He began shooting around 1:45 during recess. Two boys and a teacher were shot. One of the boys was still in critical condition last I saw. Got his femoral artery. One of the other teachers called 911. Police were on scene in 7 minutes, but it was an unarmed volunteer firefighter that arrived before the police that took him down and detained him until LE arrived. It appears he killed his father, then went to the school. He called his father's parents in tears between the two events. His grandparents discovered his dead father after he called them.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33271132/school-district-emergency-situation-reported-at-townville-elementary-school

Hootiewho
09-29-16, 09:44
It was a FF. The FF has a brother who is a LEO and what I initially heard was it was the LEO who was there. My source got the Brothers confused.

I do believe there is some discrepencies in what happened and what the news reported from what I have been told FWIW. That is pretty common though in fluid situations. Also understand, when I posted the above that info came from within minutes of the ball rolling on the whole scene. Even inside channels will have some misinformation at that point. I apologize for any errors.

Vandal
09-29-16, 09:47
Schools used to be a place for kids to feel safe, especially if they didn't feel safe at home.

That firefighter potentially saved a lot of lives by taking that little sh!t head-on.

Hootiewho
10-01-16, 16:18
The Hall child who was shot in the leg and in CC has passed. He passed this afternoon.

I will never understand why ANYONE feels the need to harm an child to prove a point of for no point at all. If I really said what I was thinking I would probably get banished.

Pray and/or keep the child's family in mind.

Firefly
10-01-16, 17:53
That is very unfortunate No cause for any of it.

Hootiewho
10-01-16, 19:14
There is a picture of the boy here. The teacher that was shot was a former teacher of my older nephew who also attended that school. She is a damn good teacher. One of those who treat every kid as if they are her own. I know she has to be devastated.

http://m.wyff4.com/news/possible-shooting-reported-at-elementary-school-police-say/41866672

Moose-Knuckle
10-02-16, 04:37
What a cute kid, just a damn shame . . . such a tragic loss that his folks will never fully recover from.

The 14 year cock holster should have just blew his own brains out and spared his father, the other kids, and the teacher.

Will be interested to see how the DA will go about bringing the 14 year old 02 thief to trial. They should just take him out back and dump several mags into him.