PDA

View Full Version : Lee Armory AK47

black22rifle
10-01-16, 08:40
Does anyone here have any experience with AKs from Lee Armory? I recently came across one on Atlantic Firearms and it looks to be a parts gun with a 4150 nitrite barrel. I am in the markey for a 47 andseeing as how I waited too long to pick up a WASR at a decent price before the election this is what Im considering.

Where are these in terms of quality when compared to Arsenal? Would these be considered to be better quality than DDI?

RetroRevolver77
10-01-16, 15:32
The few "parts kit gun" AK's I have ever owned were built with all matching kits with original imported barrels using original imported rivets on custom matching numbered heat treated US receivers. Not to mention the list of SOT manufacturers who can actually build an AK to mil-spec with proper attention to original detail is a very short list of people.

If you just want a shooter, I'd save and at least get a WASR. Anything less is just a gamble. Personally I would hunt down a Romanian SAR 1 before buying a WASR and then send it off to have it unbanned or buy an Arsenal SLR 107.

7n6

controlledpairs2
10-01-16, 20:38
I've got a Hungarian Battlefield Pickup coming from Copper Custom next week. I'll let you know when it gets in and post pics and feedback.

Smokin338
10-02-16, 01:11
Vepr's are still available through some retailers... just get 1 of those and be done !

black22rifle
10-02-16, 02:42
I've got a Hungarian Battlefield Pickup coming from Copper Custom next week. I'll let you know when it gets in and post pics and feedback.

Thanks! let me know.

Vepr's are still available through some retailers... just get 1 of those and be done !

I was always under the impression that Veprs weren't "real" aks because of the extended gas tube. Can they be corrected like the SAR-1s?

Circle_10
10-02-16, 06:20
As far as I know Veprs have standard AK length gas tubes.
They can be de-sporterized but it takes some work. Kvar is supposed to be importing some already converted ones at some point here, there's a thread about it in this forum.

Edit: here's the thread. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?188883-New-Molot-VEPR-AK-47
They will apparently be coming in with RPK handguards (Veprs are built on a heavier RPK style receiver). No cleaning rod or bayonet lug though from the looks of things.

controlledpairs2
10-21-16, 11:16
Sorry this took me so long to reply. Work has been demanding the past few weeks. I have not fired the Hungarian battlefield pickup. I was unhappy because it included a Tapco magazine, and the photo depicts a steel mag. I was also unhappy with the "battlefield finish" as it was scratched up in a hasty manner. I spent some time improving the finish wear myself. The sights are canted to the right but I can live with that since they canted them equally to the right. I can email you photos.

crusader377
10-21-16, 23:27
Personally, I would not pay $800 for an AK that is still largely a parts gun. I would search and pick up a Bulgarian arsenal SLR-107. Or go the 5.45 option and pick this up. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1ASLR10431&name=Arsenal+Bulgarian+SLR-104FR+5.45x39+Rifle&groupid=5388

black22rifle
10-22-16, 02:41
I ended up getting a ddr ak47 from atlantic with all matching numbers.