PDA

View Full Version : Which LT base for NF 1-4

RyanS
10-14-06, 11:18
I think that I've finally made up my mind and the money is available. After absorbing as much information as I can about low power variable optics, I'm going to go with a NF 1-4. It's no S&B, but it will have to do. I was able to compare the NF and Trijicon side by side. While the Trijicon is a very nice optic, I don't care for the reticle and black post. Thus, my question is, which LT base do I need....the SPR or SPR-E. I intend to purchase a Troy BUIS if that makes a difference. Also, does anyone know who offers flip-up lense covers and what size as the rubber ones don't cut it for me. Last, there should be no FSB interference should there? If so, in your opinion, is it as easy to ignore as it is with my Aimpoint ML2? Thanks.

C4IGrant
10-14-06, 13:10
I think that I've finally made up my mind and the money is available. After absorbing as much information as I can about low power variable optics, I'm going to go with a NF 1-4. It's no S&B, but it will have to do. I was able to compare the NF and Trijicon side by side. While the Trijicon is a very nice optic, I don't care for the reticle and black post. Thus, my question is, which LT base do I need....the SPR or SPR-E. I intend to purchase a Troy BUIS if that makes a difference. Also, does anyone know who offers flip-up lense covers and what size as the rubber ones don't cut it for me. Last, there should be no FSB interference should there? If so, in your opinion, is it as easy to ignore as it is with my Aimpoint ML2? Thanks.

Generally speaking, the rule with 1-4 variable optics is this:

Nose to Charging Handle Shooting = SPR-EER

If you don't shoot that way, then get the standard SPR mount. You will see the FSB on 1X, but will not see it on 4X.

C4