PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco Hybrid or Something Else

Vandal
10-05-16, 16:02
I finally have about $1000 plus the stamp saved up for my first can. I have been looking at the Hybrid as something I can use on both my 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle and my AR. From the looks of it the Hybrid would work.

What is the general consensus on this supressor and are there other options I should consider before putting one in jail for 5-6 months.

dmd08
10-05-16, 16:38
Unless you wanted to also suppress pistols and some of the larger caliber rifle rounds they list I would just get a. 30 cal suppressor of your choosing and skip the modular type cans. My guess is a .30 cal can will outperform the hybrid when used on the two calibers you listed. I have no direct experience with the hybrid though so I could be mistaken.

ccasanova
10-05-16, 18:19
I just purchased an Omega for my 6.5 Grendels and 5.56. With 556 FH, 6.5 Brake and 5.56 endplate + shipping, it was still under $1,000. There are some awesome prices out there right now, below SPEQ pricing in some areas. I've since seen even lower than what I paid a month ago.

punkey71
10-05-16, 19:01
Unless you need a .45 cal can and/or are suppressing a pistol, the .30 cal can advice is solid.

Dead Air Sandman, Rugged Surge/Razor or SiCo Omega are all solid choices. Shop around - deals are out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vandal
10-05-16, 19:06
Definitely not supressing pistols, I'll dig a little deeper into the various .30 cal options out there.

What is the going opinion on Thunder Beast?

MegademiC
10-05-16, 20:32
Definitely not supressing pistols, I'll dig a little deeper into the various .30 cal options out there.

This may be of interest to you:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?187946-Silencer-suggestion-for-6-5-precision-rifle

dmd08
10-05-16, 22:32
I think a 6.5 ultra would be awesome on the RPR but I don't think the tbac cans are well suited for an AR compared to many other options.

Kenneth
10-05-16, 22:35
SilencerCo Omega.

This will be excellent for any AR or 6.5 gun.

This is what I'm waiting for currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwknutson17
10-06-16, 08:29
If you can't have 2 cans.... I would buy a rugged surge over an omega all day long.

Kenneth
10-06-16, 08:39
If you can't have 2 cans.... I would buy a rugged surge over an omega all day long.

Why?

Hero
10-06-16, 08:43
SilencerCo Omega.

This will be excellent for any AR or 6.5 gun.

This is what I'm waiting for currently.

Got one of these in jail myself right now.

Kenneth
10-06-16, 08:47

If you are strictly going to suppress the RPR or precision rifles in general then go with thunder beast. They are the most suited for the precision application. They supposedly have awesome customer support though so call them up and talk to them.

They also supply amazing prizes at multiple long range shoots. I saw multiple free suppressor prizes from them. The certificates are also transferable and I have seen them sell as low as $400.

Jwknutson17
10-06-16, 09:34
Why?

I am a huge advocate for dedicated cans with NO interchangeable parts. Surefire, KAC, TB, etc.. So if it was me, buy a Surefire RC/mini for the AR, and TB Ultra 7/9 for the 6.5. Done and done.

If you can't do that, then the closest to that would be the Rugged Surge. Even though both these cans have end caps and the Rugged has the ability to take some of the baffle stack out, I would choose the Rugged materials, mounting system, and ability to actually shorten the can when using it on an AR over just the Omega's end cap brake/to flat cap. I have used both, and I would all day go with the Rugged over the Omega. Just my experience. While the Rugged mounting system is a little slower on and off over some of the SiCo mounts, it is a better system in my book. You could use the full length on the 6.5 if you desire, and actually shorten it for the AR. You are getting more actually modularity with the rugged and a better mounting system.

Vandal
10-17-16, 21:48
Just to bump the thread a bit, I paid for and put my SilencerCo Hybrid in NFA Jail tonight. Decided to go that route so I can use it with my .45s and 9mms plus my ARs. Have to go get my prints and photo taken to submit the paperwork to the ATF in the next few days.

With some of the next paycheck there is a ThunderBeast Ultra 7 I have my eye on as a dedicated suppressor for my 6.5CM Ruger Precision Rifle.

Jwknutson17
10-18-16, 13:16
With some of the next paycheck there is a ThunderBeast Ultra 7 I have my eye on as a dedicated suppressor for my 6.5CM Ruger Precision Rifle.

Congrats on the suppressor. Now that TB Ultra7 is a good choice for that 6.5!

nate89
10-18-16, 16:09
Just a quick note regarding the hybrid vs. the omega. I live in Northern Utah where several of the local machine shops have been contracted out by SiCo to make baffles, and a few other small parts, for them. In talking to the guys at the shops, the Hybrid and Omega share essentially an identical baffle stack, the only significant difference is the diameter of the hole in the center. I have shot the same gun with both cans, and unless you have a need for the larger diameter of the hybrid, I would stick with the Omega.