PDA

View Full Version : RCBS customer service

Kansaswoodguy
10-06-16, 17:55
I've been using a RCBS Turret press for the last 15 years I've loaded many thousands of rounds with it. I've worn out several of the parts on this good old press. I called RCBS today to order replacement parts for ones I'd worn out and they said they would ship them to me at no cost. I'm pretty impressed I didn't expect them to do that.

BuzzinSATX
10-06-16, 18:36
Thanks for the info. Curious, I have not reloaded in 30 years. I used to have a RCBS Rockchucker single stage press. Yours is a "turret press", which I am thinking (but not sure so please correct me) is like a Dillon? Can you tell me what Dillon model compares to yours, and if starting over from scratch (like I may be doing...), would you go green (RCBS), blue (Dillon), or maybe some other color/company?

Also, I am thinking if I did this, I'd be reloading mostly 9, .40, .45, and .223...with an occasional 7MM Rem Mag

Thanks!

Chubbs103
10-06-16, 19:53
I have always had great experiences with RCBS customer service. Last time I called to get a part replaced, I explained what I needed and was sure to point out that the error was mine (a couple of small parts were misplaced in a move). When I asked what I owed RCBS, I was told their products are warranted for life and the only thing I owed them was the shipping address (not even a shipping charge).

Per the previous post question about a "turret press," that is not the same as a progressive press like a Dillon. A turret press is essentially a single stage press with a carousel on top with a place for each die. When it is time to change to the next stage you simply rotate the carousel to the next position instead of swapping the dies in the press.

RCBS makes a progressive press as well. As much as I love RCBS, however, if I was buying a progressive press, it would be a Dillon.

Chubbs

BuzzinSATX
10-06-16, 20:28
Per the previous post question about a "turret press," that is not the same as a progressive press like a Dillon. A turret press is essentially a single stage press with a carousel on top with a place for each die. When it is time to change to the next stage you simply rotate the carousel to the next position instead of swapping the dies in the press.

RCBS makes a progressive press as well. As much as I love RCBS, however, if I was buying a progressive press, it would be a Dillon.

Chubbs

Thanks for the info. Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
10-06-16, 20:31
I broke the ejector rod on my RCBS shot shell loader, and they shipped a replacement the next day, free of charge. Top notch service and very friendly people to work with.

danlnga
10-23-16, 13:26
RCBS is top notch in every way as far as I am concerned. I have been using a single stage Rockchucker for years along with their support equipment & I have had the same good experience as the guys above have. I am sure there is other good equipment but it would be hard to beat RCBS.