PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly M4LE Arrived Today

Gramps
09-09-08, 16:11
My new CDD M4LE just arrived here are some pics. Thanks Michael Kassner. Range report later. UNDER $1000.

Staked twice, once on each side.

AR 15 Bolt, Staked, Black O ring

For more pics go to "Gramps" and click on "Public Profile", then click on "Photo Album" on right.

Can't wait!

bluedog
09-09-08, 16:43
Nice.

GaryXD
09-09-08, 18:03
Looks good. If you have any Magpul PMAGs let us know if they drop free from the magwell please.

d90king
09-09-08, 18:19
They appear to be building a nice rifle for the money. Let us know how it shoots.

SeriousStudent
09-09-08, 18:20
Attention to detail is such a lovely thing. And a rare thing, in this day and age.

Nice rifle, Gramps. May it bring you much enjoyment. :)

Gramps
09-10-08, 00:49
Looks good. If you have any Magpul PMAGs let us know if they drop free from the magwell please.

I only have 3 Pmags they are not used but a couple times, and 2 out of 3 droped free. The third one was wider at the top back by about .010 and I noticed it had a crack in the back of it, about a 1/4 inch long making it the extra width. I thought you could run over them with a PU truck and not hurt them. Don't know how this happened. :confused:

The trigger is a strong Mil spec and feels rough right now. Hopefully it will get better with use. Fit is tight and finish is great.

This is a hell of a jump UP from the prev OLY! :D

I'm not any where neer an expert on ARs, but this seems like a damn fine off the shelf AR.

k_cheerangie
09-10-08, 08:53
Do P-Mags crack at the feed lips if you leave them loaded without the cover on?

I had a bulgarian ak mag that cracked from leaving it fully loaded and it had no steel insert in the polymer.

C4IGrant
09-10-08, 09:30

I had a bulgarian ak mag that cracked from leaving it fully loaded and it had no steel insert in the polymer.

No on the PMAG's.

C4

C4IGrant
09-10-08, 09:30
Very nice weapon!

C4

Sam
09-10-08, 09:49
Nice gun.

As for Pmags dropping free, my CD lower magwell drop all of my Pmags freely when the button is pushed. No problem at all.

rob_s
09-10-08, 10:12
On the CD sample I tested, I had no problem with known good Pmags dropping free.

Lagadelphia
09-10-08, 10:14
On my built Pre-Production lower, P-Mags drop free just fine as well.

rob_s
09-10-08, 10:29

No, they do not.

Gramps
09-10-08, 11:30
NO, the crack is NOT at the feed lips, it is directly in the back and it goes down to about where the lip cover snaps on. They have all been stored loaded, and I know that, that in no way caused it. It still seems to function fine, other than not dropping free empty. I wouldn't worry about it. It will only be used for range and plinking and is marked so as NOT to get it mixed in with the others. I know now what happened, and “NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING TO TELL OR ADMIT TO THAT ONE, I GOT MY SIGN FROM BILL ENGVAL ALREADY FOR THAT ONE” so don’t ask! It sure WON'T stop me from buying more Pmags.

I'm not the most savvy on how to post more than 5 attachments here, but there is a photo album under "Gramps" that has 18 pics of the CDD M4LE that I took. If some one can tell me how I can post more I would post more.

Gramps
09-10-08, 11:40
OK the old fart just figured out to click on "Gramps" and it will go to me and on the right side you can click on album, and then click on any pic to enlarge. This old fart may be slow but sometimes he can learn new things. Even if it involves a sign form Bill E. I feel like Grampa Putz today.:o

b_saan
09-10-08, 11:41
NO, the crack is NOT at the feed lips, it is directly in the back and it goes down to about where the lip cover snaps on. They have all been stored loaded, and I know that, that in no way caused it. It still seems to function fine, other than not dropping free empty. I wouldn't worry about it. It will only be used for range and plinking and is marked so as NOT to get it mixed in with the others. I know now what happened, and “NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING TO TELL OR ADMIT TO THAT ONE, I GOT MY SIGN FROM BILL ENGVAL ALREADY FOR THAT ONE” so don’t ask! It sure WON'T stop me from buying more Pmags.

If you send them an email or call they will most likely replace it. They've got great CS.

Charles Daly
09-11-08, 00:46
Nice pics Gramps and a hearty congrats on your new D-M4LE. Don't forget that if your carbine did not come with the Detachable Carry Handle, we are offering an Upgrade where you conctact us, give us your serial number and then you can buy the carry handle for $60 ($50 for the handle, $10 S&H). We have the handles in stock and can usually ship the same day we receive your order. For more information, check out this thread on the CD Forum on this subject: CD Detachable Handle Upgrade Offer (http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/showthread.php?t=161).

While you're on our forum, don't forget to register. That's the best way to stay on top of the latest developments at CD Defense. There is a good group of members gathered already that are more than willing to help, share, post pics, answer questions, etc. I think that now that you have the D-M4LE you should fit right in! :D

Gramps
09-11-08, 01:04
Nice pics Gramps and a hearty congrats on your new D-M4LE. Don't forget that if your carbine did not come wiht the Detachable Carry Handle, we are offering an Upgrade Offer where you conctact us, give us your serial number and then you can buy the carry handle for $60 ($50 for the handle, $19 S&H). We have the handles in stock and can usually ship the same day we receive your order/ For more information, check out this thread on the CD Forum on this subject: CD Detachable Handle Upgrade Offer (http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/showthread.php?t=161).

While you're on our forum, don't forget to register. That's the best way to stay on top of the latest developments at CD Defense. THere is a good group of members gathered already that are more than willing to help, share, post pics, answer questions, etc. I think that now that you have the D-M4LE you should fit right in! :D

Thank you, for a VERY well manufactured gun. I do like the quality of parts and craftsmanship that goes into your products.
Right after ordering it I remembered your post on the CH and asked my FFL about it and his supplier didn't have anything on their site. So I looked up your post again and E-mailed CDD about this. And was I ever impressed with your CS. They replied to my E-mail within about 2 hr. NOW TO ME THAT KIND OF CS IS VERRY APPRECIATED.
A lot of what was commented about your product on this site REALLY helped to make this decision. Plus all the quality and witch side of the list it was on. That list helps a lot when comparing what each one has.

Thanks again.
Gramps.

Keep up the quality products and serv.

Eric
09-11-08, 17:46
Looks good. If you have any Magpul PMAGs let us know if they drop free from the magwell please. In testing, I found that all mags, including Pmags, functioned fine (locked in, dropped free, fed, etc).

SoDak
09-11-08, 20:22
In testing, I found that all mags, including Pmags, functioned fine (locked in, dropped free, fed, etc).

Same for me and my charles daly. The only one that wouldn't drop free was one marked AR STONER or something like that. I'm not sure who makes them or to what quality they are(about all I have done with them is stick mag puls on them and they get used for reload practice) so who knows why that one mag is being dumb. Any of my known quality mags (pmags & D&H) worked perfectly.

Gramps
09-12-08, 01:01
I got in a hurry today, went to check on a job first, and for got targets part way there, then left my front site adjuster at home. Only adjusted windage about 4 clicks, and needed about 4-5 clicks for elevation (Down). It gave this old man and his old eyes a 2.5 inch group at 100 yd w/Iron sites. And with a YHM rear Buis that was all the shop had when I picked it up. Then everybody and his cous showed up and there was too much bs going on so I came home. Only got about 70 rnds off, but with out any probs. Trigger smoothed out already too. Stock hand guards felt good in my medium hand, with no gloves.

Magpull said send the one mag "I" broke back and he will send me another ASAP. Excellent CS.

bullitt5172
09-12-08, 11:35
I got in a hurry today, went to check on a job first, and for got targets part way there, then left my front site adjuster at home. Only adjusted windage about 4 clicks, and needed about 4-5 clicks for elevation (Down). It gave this old man and his old eyes a 2.5 inch group at 100 yd w/Iron sites. And with a YHM rear Buis that was all the shop had when I picked it up. Then everybody and his cous showed up and there was too much bs going on so I came home. Only got about 70 rnds off, but with out any probs. Trigger smoothed out already too. Stock hand guards felt good in my medium hand, with no gloves.

Magpull said send the one mag "I" broke back and he will send me another ASAP. Excellent CS.

I've been very happy with my M4LE. My main rifles are Colt 6721's and 6920's but the CD is on par with them in every way I can think of. I have mine setup with a DD Omega rail, RX30 sight, KAC 300M BUIS, Magpul plastic parts, LaRue FUG and a Surefire X300.

Gramps
09-12-08, 12:03
I've been very happy with my M4LE. My main rifles are Colt 6721's and 6920's but the CD is on par with them in every way I can think of. I have mine setup with a DD Omega rail, RX30 sight, KAC 300M BUIS, Magpul plastic parts.

I have been thinking about the Omega rail for a while. All I plan on adding to this one is a light, so after the way I liked these oblong HG I'm not sure what I will do now.

PM sent your way.

SoDak
09-12-08, 12:37
I have been thinking about the Omega rail for a while. All I plan on adding to this one is a light, so after the way I liked these oblong HG I'm not sure what I will do now.

PM sent your way.

I know your dillema all to well. I'd like to go with a DD omega or even a troy mrf-di, but when all I need is to add a light it's hard to spend the money. You could look at the light mount midwest industries that costs about $30. I'm waiting for magpul to release the MOE handguard since they might be a nice way to mount a light. Now if only magpul would release them.

crusader377
09-12-08, 12:49
Congrats on your CD M4LE purchase. You definitely made a great choice for a M4. I bought one myself about three weeks ago. Even with the purchase of the CD carry handle I still kept my purchase under $1000 not including FFL transfer fees. Its a great rifle and I'm very satisfied with my purchase and in my opinion the CD M4LE is the best factory built M4 for under $1000.

SoDak
09-12-08, 13:10
Congrats on your CD M4LE purchase. You definitely made a great choice for a M4. I bought one myself about three weeks ago. Even with the purchase of the CD carry handle I still kept my purchase under $1000 not including FFL transfer fees. Its a great rifle and I'm very satisfied with my purchase and in my opinion the CD M4LE is the best factory built M4 for under $1000.

Out of curiosity, where did you order yours from? It seems like every one on the internet got theirs for under $1000. After transfer fee and sales tax mine cost $1066. I got mine through davidsons and I'm starting to wonder just how much money they get out of distributing these guns compared to other distributors.

C4IGrant
09-12-08, 13:19
Out of curiosity, where did you order yours from? It seems like every one on the internet got theirs for under $1000. After transfer fee and sales tax mine cost $1066. I got mine through davidsons and I'm starting to wonder just how much money they get out of distributing these guns compared to other distributors.

We will be offering special pricing to M4C members that will run in the low $900 range (FYI).

C4

crusader377
09-12-08, 13:30
I bought my CD M4LE at Buds Gun shop. I paid with credit card so I had a 2 or 3% card fee so I paid $940 which included free shipping. I then bought the CD carry handle using the offer that Charles Daly is currently running which is $50 plus $10 shipping and handling. So my total cost was $1000 with carry handle.

Gramps
09-12-08, 14:43
I shopped the erornet and found a dealer with them listed for $947 so I called him and since I would be going there this weekend any way (about 2.5 hr drive) I could order it and pick it up if I didn't wait to long. So I went to my FFL and asked them if they could match that price, and if they would I would by it from them. They looked up their supplier and said OK. So I kept the business locally, and my 4 yr old granddaughter really likes them and always wants to go to the gun store. No way am I stopping that, raise her right. I wanted them to be able to compare this to the DPMS that they sell. (It was done in silence)

There sure isn't ANY comparison to the OLY I sold to get this. Best move I ever made. The FFL took 10% of the sale of the old Oly so since I was reinvesting the money back to them it didn't bother me if they didn't make the reg amount on this sale.

Glad to see you getting ready to sell these Grant, I was looking at your budget AR and it was a real temptation. I mean REAL TEMPTATION. In the end Rob_S chart had a little to do with it for emergency resale IF I ever had to. The hardest thing I ever have to do is SELL a gun. Shame, Shame, Shame! (Unless it is to help get another one, then it is allowed)

ralph
09-12-08, 15:59
Nice looking carbine Gramps... I'm impressed with the quality of the build.I've got the same thing on order from Grant, It should be here next week, I'll also have a Bushmaster for sale shortly afterwards, proceeds of which will be used for optics, and some other accessories, I don't live far from Grants shop, and it's like a candy store for me...nice thing about it, I can look at things before I buy, and ask questions. since it's going to rain all weekend, I guess I'll get some ammo loaded up for the new carbine...

condoor
09-16-08, 20:49
We will be offering special pricing to M4C members that will run in the low $900 range (FYI).

C4

Grant

Will these have any kind of rear sight? How about case, mags, cleaning kit, sling, etc. (just adding up all costs)

thx-c

C4IGrant
09-17-08, 08:48
Grant

Will these have any kind of rear sight? How about case, mags, cleaning kit, sling, etc. (just adding up all costs)

thx-c

No on the rear sight, mag, cleaning kit, sling ,etc.

C4

RyanS
09-20-08, 17:21

C4

Grant,

When will this be happening? Thanks.

C4IGrant
09-21-08, 11:56
Grant,

When will this be happening? Thanks.

Now.

C4

RyanS
09-21-08, 13:28
Now.