PDA

View Full Version : Macgyver - 2016

wildcard600
10-07-16, 13:14
Anyone watch any of the rebooted series yet ? I love the original, but this new one is pretty over the top garbage and generic :(

Whiskey_Bravo
10-07-16, 14:07
The preview looked so dumb I really did think it was a joke. Then I realized it was a real reboot.

HeruMew
10-07-16, 15:36
Father-in-law hates the preview so much, he insists it is NOT a reboot of the original, but rather a whole new storyline of crap that replicates macgyver, but made by a horrible team of folks who plagiarized the original.

Than I told him that's (pretty much) the definition of a reboot nowadays.

Slater
10-07-16, 17:09
I can't see this one lasting all that long.

chuckman
10-07-16, 17:13
We watch it. It's campy and stupid....very much "B"-movie-ish. But, it's one of the few shows we watch as a family, so we watch it.

RetroRevolver77
10-07-16, 17:24
We watch it. It's campy and stupid....very much "B"-movie-ish. But, it's one of the few shows we watch as a family, so we watch it.

Soon your kids will have mullets and use paperclips to break into high security areas.

http://mulletjunky.com/childmullets.htm

Firefly
10-07-16, 19:11
Taking beloved 80s stuff and rebranding it with sub par BS needs to stop

Moose-Knuckle
10-08-16, 03:53
Only way for it to survive now a days is to rewrite all the male leads as non-white, make Mac a pansexual transgender, and all the bad guys be gun owning males.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-08-16, 10:59
Only way for it to survive now a days is to rewrite all the male leads as non-white, make Mac a pansexual transgender, and all the bad guys be gun owning males.

Well, bad guys are generally gun owning males....

Moose-Knuckle
10-09-16, 04:28
Well, bad guys are generally gun owning males....

You just proved my point, guns automatically equal "bad". We know that bad guys sometimes use commercial airliners, box cutters, explosives, nukes, lasers, all manner of lethal cutting instruments, falling anvils, so on and so forth.

In the original show the main character never used a firearm to get himself and other's out the weekly jam and made multiple anti-gun comments through out the series.

HardToHandle
10-09-16, 07:54
In the original show the main character never used a firearm to get himself and other's out the weekly jam and made multiple anti-gun comments through out the series.

Come on, we all remember remember the full auto AK used as a distraction? It was featured in the credits.... Classic liberal, consistently inconsistent to fit the situation. Situationally principled, Hollywood style.

Singlestack Wonder
10-09-16, 10:09
Turned it off after the 1st 20 minutes. It is as bad or worse than the TV re-make of Lethal Weapon.

Renegade
10-09-16, 10:19
Anyone watch any of the rebooted series yet ? I love the original, but this new one is pretty over the top garbage and generic :(

It sucks. Frist few minutes looked promising, with Bond-esque opening, went downhill.

Here's why IMO:

1) Too many MacGyverisms. Every other scene seems to have one and they are ridiculous.

2) Too many cast members. Original MacGyver generally acted alone, now he has 2 sidekicks and a roommate.

3) Casting looks like they got everybody from High School, with the exception of the CIS guy.

4) The chick in the lab who can hack anything is cliche. Even dumber when she is a criminal.

Moose-Knuckle
10-10-16, 04:27
Come on, we all remember remember the full auto AK used as a distraction? It was featured in the credits.... Classic liberal, consistently inconsistent to fit the situation. Situationally principled, Hollywood style.

Yeah that string he used to tie the trigger down would get him in trouble with the BATFE it that happened in country.