PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense mfr mlok rail?

Swobe1
10-12-16, 12:51
Anyone hear if dd is going to sell these rails alone anytime soon? I've got their SLiM rail right now but this new one looks good so I'm intrigued. I've googled it and haven't seen anything so I thought I'd ask the people who might now.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hapworth
10-12-16, 13:52
Haven't heard one way or the other; usually they wait a while before making their new rails available as standalone components. Why not contact DD directly -- they're excellent online or on the phone answering questions -- and report back here?

BumbleBeeGIXXER
10-12-16, 14:05
Everyone I hear from is saying there is a huge back order on DD rifles since they took a public stand against Academy sports. They might be pushing back the MLOK rail release due to complete rifle demand.

Furbyballer
10-12-16, 14:06
So, I have actually already asked this question to DD and they told me yes, but not until they can catch up with the demand for complete rifles. So it might be awhile...

Swobe1
10-12-16, 14:17
I wondered the same thing. I'll shoot them an email and find out. I know they closed last week due to the Hurricane so I didn't want bombard them with a pretty, in the scheme of things, unimportant question. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for the rail or just buy a v7 rifle and not wait.

BumbleBeeGIXXER
10-12-16, 14:46
I wondered the same thing. I'll shoot them an email and find out. I know they closed last week due to the Hurricane so I didn't want bombard them with a pretty, in the scheme of things, unimportant question. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for the rail or just buy a v7 rifle and not wait.

If you can find the complete rifle and have the extra scratch, I would go ahead and pick it up.

Furbyballer
10-12-16, 14:48

I own a v7 and I love it. I would highly recommend it!

Righter13
10-12-16, 14:55
I know the thread is about Mlok but Primaryarms currently has the keymod DD rails on sale.

OdinIII
10-12-16, 19:21
Anyone know of a source for a V7LW? I found a V11LW but can't decide between it and the V7.

Furbyballer
10-13-16, 06:04
Anyone know of a source for a V7LW? I found a V11LW but can't decide between it and the V7.

I think the difference it weight is negligible (like 0.15 lbs) and I would take the thicker contour every time on a DD barrel.

OdinIII
10-13-16, 11:30
Daniel Defense just said on chat that the information on their site is incorrect. I'll update when I see a change on their site. I'm not sure which or if both are wrong.

Bayoublaster
10-13-16, 15:59
I think the difference it weight is negligible (like 0.15 lbs) and I would take the thicker contour every time on a DD barrel.

It may only be a few ounces, but they're at the worst place for them. The additional weight of the government profile barrel is right at the muzzle. There is no additional thickness around the chamber or under the handguard, it's all forward of the gas block.

OdinIII
10-13-16, 16:23
I probably should clarify my earlier post since I thought I was posting in my DDM4 weight thread. DD's site says that the lightweight versions weigh "almost 5 ounces" less than the standard models although the specs put the gap at as little as .13 lbs. Since I'm in the market, I wanted to know why the math doesn't work. I contacted them via chat and he said that I had found a typo from old specs and they would correct the numbers. He didn't say which or if both are incorrect.

Marler5811
10-14-16, 14:17
We will, at some point in the future, offer the MFR XS M-LOK Rails as individual items. For the time being, everything that we can make is being used for complete rifle builds. We won't, however, give out a premature time frame for release. We will officially launch the product only when we have product in stock and ready to deliver.

S/F
Joe

masenomics
10-14-16, 14:43
We will, at some point in the future, offer the MFR XS M-LOK Rails as individual items. For the time being, everything that we can make is being used for complete rifle builds. We won't, however, give out a premature time frame for release. We will officially launch the product only when we have product in stock and ready to deliver.

S/F
Joe

Thanks for the info. eagerly anticipating this new rail.

Swobe1
10-14-16, 20:43

S/F
Joe

Yes, thank you for the update. I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and buy the v7 if I fine one.

Beat Trash
10-14-16, 22:35

S/F
Joe

One of my guys asked for advice on what rifle to buy for work and after asking what he was wanting out of his gun, I recommended a DD V7. he actually found one in stock. After playing with this new DD V7 with the new M-Lok rail, I really want to buy two of the MFR XS M-LOL rails to covert a pair of DD V5 rifles to the new rail.