PDA

View Full Version : Why you don't trust research from China

WillBrink
10-15-16, 15:29
People inside science/research know there's an unofficial pecking order among countries and the research they produce, but this is the first objective figure I'm aware of showing the vast majority of it is not worth the paper it's printed on from China. Said it before regarding supps they make, products they make, or research they do: I'd never trust the Chinese. Specific to supplements, most companies get their raws from China and most of them are good quality but I'd never trust their CofA and I'd third party batch test everything I purchased as stated before. My understanding is, unless you are really on top of them (regardless of what they are producing for you) you'll get a shoddy product.

80% of data in Chinese clinical trials have been fabricated

A Chinese government investigation has revealed that more than 80 percent of the data used in clinical trials of new pharmaceutical drugs have been "fabricated".

The report uncovered fraudulent behaviour at almost every level, and showed that some pharmaceutical companies had hidden or deleted records of potentially adverse side effects, and tampered with data that didn't meet their desired outcomes.

Cont:

http://www.sciencealert.com/80-of-the-data-in-chinese-clinical-trial-is-fabricated

Also see:

http://www.bmj.com/content/355/bmj.i5396

Sensei
10-15-16, 16:11
This has been the "unspoken" rumor for some time. Unfortunately, this spills over to US research as China is a major supplier of post-doctoral fellows in many labs. We had 2 Chinese nationals in my lab, but one left last year.

Honu
10-15-16, 16:33
yeah %100 not trust them :)

this is the real China !
they could care less about human life !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UQGOle_ap0

Firefly
10-15-16, 16:38
Yep the Chinese lie when profitable or sometimes just for fun.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-15-16, 16:46
Amazing how they take short cuts, but if caught the plant managers shoot themselves in the back of the head, twice.

My customers in China say that you know you have arrived when someone starts counterfeiting your materials. They'll even just put the companies name on the box, and not even try to copy the style.

A chinese competitor had a English language website. I read the FAQ page and thought that it was pretty good. The next one was exactly how I would have put it- and then I realized that it was exactly how I had put it. They had just cut and pasted our FAQ page into their website- with our product codes in them.

Not just China. Someone forwarded onto me a doctoral candidate's paper from India that was basically a journal article I had written.

Honu
10-15-16, 16:57
the fact US companies send meat over to be processed and then sent back is scary to me more than supplements
whats even worse to me is how much of our food comes from there and what and how its handled and fed/grown etc..

WillBrink
10-15-16, 17:30
I had a buddy in my industry who had a twin brother that was an attorney who spent many years in China and spoke fluent Mandarin and did some work a three letter agency on and off. I met him just as the Chinese were starting to become the big major manufacturer of raw ingredients etc, and he told me "never trust the Chinese." I never forgot that advice and as the years and decades have passed, it's only been confirmed over and over for me.

WillBrink
10-15-16, 17:34
the fact US companies send meat over to be processed and then sent back is scary to me more than supplements
whats even worse to me is how much of our food comes from there and what and how its handled and fed/grown etc..

That's it's less expensive to send all the way there and back than having it processed here is mind boggling to boot. Obviously, they cut corners we can't or wouldn't and have zero USDA et al oversight. Pet food is way worse and I will not feed my dog anything produced in China. Been many a dead cat and dog due to Chinese produced food products for pets and "woops, we so sorry" is about it from them when it's happened.

Honu
10-15-16, 17:37
yeah that is a huge part I can not figure ? is it by ship in some kinda nasty preservative ?
by plane I think would be insane expensive

sadly there were some things with baby formula to that happened ?

That's it's less expensive to send all the way there and back than having it processed here is mind boggling to boot. Obviously, they cut corners we can't or wouldn't and have zero USDA et al oversight. Pet food is way worse and I will not feed my dog anything produced in China. Been many a dead cat and dog due to Chinese produced food products for pets and "woops, we so sorry" is about it from them when it's happened.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-15-16, 18:03
Chicken Feet

Enough said.

RWK
10-15-16, 18:49
They'll even just put the companies name on the box, and not even try to copy the style.

Some have gone so far as to copy the tool marks from an original part onto their counterfeits. As someone said to me years ago: If you set up shop in China, the Chinese will manufacture and sell your products and do a fine job of it. Just don't be surprised when you go there and see that half of the warehouse is your products and the other half is either copies of your products that they're selling on the side or your competitors products that they're also making and selling.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-15-16, 19:12
Some have gone so far as to copy the tool marks from an original part onto their counterfeits. As someone said to me years ago: If you set up shop in China, the Chinese will manufacture and sell your products and do a fine job of it. Just don't be surprised when you go there and see that half of the warehouse is your products and the other half is either copies of your products that they're selling on the side or your competitors products that they're also making and selling.

Got one better than that. Plastics company CEO is setting up a plant over there. Takes a wrong turn in the mega corporate park one day, gets lost and finally sees his plant- resin silos are a dead giveaway. Walks in and realizes it isn't his plant, it is a carbon copy of his plant. The Chinese didn't counterfeit his product, they counterfeited his plant. That is a more radical version of the hire one guy and his uncle opens a business just like yours. Their concept of honesty is just different.

JoshNC
10-15-16, 19:58

....and this is one of the many reasons my family eats locally (or at least regionally) sourced foods.

williejc
10-15-16, 22:34
I was once a health inspector. I learned this. Avoid any food--canned or otherwise--that comes from China. The U.S. inspection procedure is more strict for Chinese food products than certain other countries with Canada being one example. Thus, China will send frozen fish or meat to Canada, from where it's then sent into our country and not inspected at all because it came from Canada. I've never seen a clean oriental restaurant. Food prep areas are downright nasty. Ignorance of hygiene and basic food safety science is terribly high. Jokingly I would tell friends that the first thing that their cooks would do was shit in their skillet each morning. Sometimes people believed me. It's that bad.

SteyrAUG
10-16-16, 00:57
This is the same government that turned on the lights at the original Shansei arsenal and started manufacturing .45 Broomhandle Mausers dated 1937 and artificially aged them for export to the US as soon as Clinton gave them "favored nation" trading status.

Aside from being forgeries that were produced for about $150 and sold to US markets for three times as much, they forgot to properly heat treat the forgings and they have a tendency to crack, explode and shoot bolts out of the back of the frames when they fail.

Oops.

I have completely stopped trying to buy authentic Japanese swords because 99% of everything on ebay is a Chinese forgery. Of course we should expect no less from a government that was willing to roll tanks on unarmed students at Tienanmen Square. This is what they are willing to do to their own people, they care nothing about anyone here.

Co-gnARR
10-16-16, 04:29
I was once a health inspector. I learned this. Avoid any food--canned or otherwise--that comes from China. The U.S. inspection procedure is more strict for Chinese food products than certain other countries with Canada being one example. Thus, China will send frozen fish or meat to Canada, from where it's then sent into our country and not inspected at all because it came from Canada. I've never seen a clean oriental restaurant. Food prep areas are downright nasty. Ignorance of hygiene and basic food safety science is terribly high. Jokingly I would tell friends that the first thing that their cooks would do was shit in their skillet each morning. Sometimes people believed me. It's that bad.
A produce guy at a regional chain claims the only true organic foods in any store are the ones that are labled USDA organic. Anything else is just wearing a sticker that says 'organic' and has an inflated price to match. He went one to say that China (and other countries) sell things that wouldn't pass regular health/safety standards (heavy levels of pesticides, irrigated w/ water contaminated by farm animal waste, etc)in this country, but because of fair trade agreements, etc it is some how legal for those products to be sold here with any type of label the producers and resellers choose.
I think this will just get worse once TPP takes effect, especially when it comes to sea food and meats sourced from SE Asia.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-16-16, 11:48
All food is 'organic', sand is inorganic.

I have such a good example of this, but it is proprietary and I can't tell it. Truly would make your jaw drop.

Here is another one told to me over a lunch in Shanghai by a Chinese national. At trade shows Chinese companies will hire 50-something aged white guys in suits to sit in their booths- kind of like how we use booth babes here at trade shows. If they get into a negotiation, they'll say that they have to consult with their 'management'- kind of like car sales people here say that they have to take a great deal to their manager for approval.

I just used the word 'Tibet' once at a dinner and my Chinese distributor starts looking all nervous and looking for a reaction from the hotel restaurant waitstaff.

I do carry a copy of "Fountainhead" when I go over just to be obtuse.

Moose-Knuckle
10-17-16, 03:15

See, it's shit like this that makes me a misanthropist.

**** humans.

Honu
10-17-16, 17:54
tight circles of friends for sure !!!!
yeah but remember this is one of the models the left want us to be like !!
scary stuff

See, it's shit like this that makes me a misanthropist.

**** humans.

Arik
10-17-16, 18:07
yeah %100 not trust them :)

this is the real China !
they could care less about human life !

Clearly that an example of ALL Chinese

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Honu
10-17-16, 18:23
the vast majority of them yes !
ALL of them of course not

and we are talking the ones living in China and how they treat life

if it was the minority this would not have happened and this is only one of so many videos like this ignoring human life
and sadly its starting to happen here in some places

Clearly that an example of ALL Chinese

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
10-17-16, 18:31
the vast majority of them yes !
ALL of them of course not

and we are talking the ones living in China and how they treat life

if it was the minority this would not have happened and this is only one of so many videos like this ignoring human life
and sadly its starting to happen here in some places

Actually in a communist state like China, a majority of the population can be controlled through fear and conditioning once they have been disarmed and made to feel isolated in their beliefs. A mere handful of generations ago the people of Sun Yat Sen held very different values. Classical confusianism combined with the general benevolence of buddhism resulted in a society where people understood you can't make everything perfect but everyone was expected to try their best.

Of course a society with such peaceful and noble goals didn't last very long.

Honu
10-18-16, 03:14
does not take much time to change things sadly
saw today millennials think bush has killed more people than communism ?

check this out pretty scary how stupid todays kids are
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hWP40ElUS5UlBmTVplYmxJWGs/view

Actually in a communist state like China, a majority of the population can be controlled through fear and conditioning once they have been disarmed and made to feel isolated in their beliefs. A mere handful of generations ago the people of Sun Yat Sen held very different values. Classical confusianism combined with the general benevolence of buddhism resulted in a society where people understood you can't make everything perfect but everyone was expected to try their best.

Of course a society with such peaceful and noble goals didn't last very long.

chuckman
10-18-16, 09:03
China is no friend to anyone except for China. Of course every state actor does what's in the best interest of their own people, but China has a long and undistinguished list of doing what's best for their top 1%, not caring if it benefits their people, and ****ing over whomever they are making the deal.

nova3930
10-18-16, 09:48
I just assumed they had toddlers do their research like everything else....