PDA

View Full Version : Surefire XC1 switches popped off

black22rifle
10-16-16, 03:06
I have been carrying a Glock 19 along with an XC1 for few months now and the other day while setting it down hard both of the switches of the XC1 popped off. I was only able to find one of the finger switches and after looking at it, it looks like the switches that seem to lock on to a small shaft, broke at the attachment point in the light housing to activate the light. I don't understand how this happened as I didn't slam it down with the intent of breaking it, I merely put it down harshly.

Has anyone else had this problem before? This really makes me re think my IWB light selection and I am most likely going to dump the XC1.

I have not contacted surefire yet since it is the week end and they are not available yet.

w squared
10-16-16, 09:26
I had an issue with the female receiver for the mounting screw. I called them, and they offered to have me send it in for repair at their cost, or simply ship me a new part. I think it's safe to assume that they'll take care of you on this - but only you can decide if you're still going to be comfortable carrying it for defensive purposes.

TXBK
10-16-16, 09:58
Of course, this thread shouldn't proceed until you hear back from Surefire, but does the constant on switch still work?

black22rifle
10-16-16, 12:37
Constant on does work.