PDA

View Full Version : Biden Paving the Way to Step Aside for Hillary?

30 cal slut
09-10-08, 17:04
:confused:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/10/biden-hillary-might-have-been-better-vp-pick/

September 10, 2008
Biden: Hillary might have been better VP pick
Posted: 05:01 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

Biden campaigned in New Hampshire Wednesday.
NASHUA, New Hampshire (CNN) — Joe Biden told supporters at a town hall Wednesday afternoon that Barack Obama might have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as his running mate.

“Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight,” Biden said testily when a voter told Biden he was glad the Delaware senator had been chosen and not Clinton.

Watch: Biden opens up about death of first wife

“She’s a truly close personal friend and she is qualified to be President of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me,” he continued.

"I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate.”

After dropping out of the presidential race in January, Biden refrained from endorsing either Obama or Clinton — unlike most of the other Democratic contenders who followed. He told donors at a fundraiser in Boston Wednesday morning that after his withdrawal, Obama asked for his support but Biden declined because of his relationship with Clinton.

Lagadelphia
09-10-08, 17:06
Wow! That will go over well for the Dem's.

d90king
09-10-08, 17:08
That would create a huge mess for them and I don't think that they will do it. I sure hope they don't......... They would dominate the news for weeks.

Nathan_Bell
09-10-08, 17:42
Why would she do it? If BHO wins there is no way, short of him getting scwacked, of Hillary ever becoming POTUS. If he loses, she can play damage control for 3 1/2 years and try again, running as the I told you so candidate.

Elkhound
09-10-08, 18:11
That would create a firestorm of debate! Would it give them a bump in the polls and regain the female vote lost tp the Republicans? At least this is an interesting election!

Rembrandt
09-10-08, 18:12
Can't happen and won't happen.......each party had to have their respective candidate chosen to meet state election law deadlines. Ballots had to be printed in time to be sent out for absentee and overseas voters. Most all state laws make it too late to change now.

For Hilliary to get votes it would require she be put on the ballot as a "write-in" candidate.

Heavy Metal
09-10-08, 18:41
This is typical Biden stepping on his tounge.

Business_Casual
09-10-08, 19:38
Can't happen and won't happen.......each party had to have their respective candidate chosen to meet state election law deadlines. Ballots had to be printed in time to be sent out for absentee and overseas voters. Most all state laws make it too late to change now.

For Hilliary to get votes it would require she be put on the ballot as a "write-in" candidate.

Election law, propriety, etc. have no effect on the Democrats. I wouldn't count that as a reason.

The only consideration that would be in play is how it impacts her personally and professionally.

M_P

M1A2_Tanker
09-10-08, 19:48
The only consideration that would be in play is how it impacts her personally and professionally.

Sounds like the Motto of the typical Lefty!:rolleyes:

Gutshot John
09-10-08, 21:18
Go ahead...MAKE my day. :D :cool:

Seriously please let them be this stupid.

It's not like Clinton's not already a polarizing figure, but such a craven political move wouldn't fool anyone.

It would be too desperate.

mattjmcd
09-10-08, 21:27
That would sure shake things up. However, they've done that once before IIRC, and it did not turn out so well for the Democrats.

BO must want to strangle Biden by now. Comedy gold!

nickdrak
09-10-08, 21:46
I would love to see Palin whoop Hillary's ass in a debate. :D

LOKNLOD
09-10-08, 21:55
I don't care who the presidential nominee was....having Hilary for VP would be suicide.

Literally.

Who wants to volunteer to be the only person in the world between her and the presidency? Not me.

austinN4
09-11-08, 06:05

VP is choosen, not elected. I can't recall seeing anyone but the pres candidates on the ballot.

30 cal slut
09-11-08, 07:44
as an aside, if you had to pick the lesser of two satanic evils for POTUS, would shrillary be preferable to the obamanation?

rationale: she's a political realist and would be reluctant to f*ck with gun owners, whereas BHO would be naive enough to try to impose his vision of "change" on us.

OldNavyGuy
09-11-08, 09:18
This is typical Biden stepping on his tounge.

i had a picture in mind that he has a very sharp knife on the end of his tongue, and every time he opens his mouth the knife cuts his throat :D

rmecapn
09-11-08, 09:44
short of him getting scwacked,

Slick Willy could make that happen ... seriously.

austinN4
09-11-08, 09:46
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/10/biden-hillary-might-have-been-better-vp-pick/
This link does not work for me. It takes me to CNN, but no story is there.

30 cal slut
09-11-08, 14:14
i guess cnn toasted the content at that url. that's why i try to c&p the article too.

-slut