PDA

View Full Version : Colt Polymer 30 rd AR-15 mags??

Shao
10-20-16, 12:43
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find any info on them anywhere..

I received an advertisement from CDNN investments in my inbox this morning for :

Polymer construction
Factory Colt Competition Magazine - Marked with Colt logo .223 REM

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-30rd-223-magazine-colt.html

Looks an awful lot like a Hera Arms magazine and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these...

$20 is steep for an unknown mag, but I like to collect different magazines and was thinking about picking one up in an order...

So does anyone know what these are about?

EDIT: After comparing pics of a Hera and this mag side by side, I can say with some certainty that it's almost definitely a Hera mag... it's odd that Colt would OEM a mag to a German manufacturer though... I wonder why there's no info about these on the net...

KalashniKEV
10-20-16, 13:41
...it's almost definitely a Hera mag... it's odd that Colt would OEM a mag to a German manufacturer though... I wonder why there's no info about these on the net...

"Colt Competition" is their junk line.

Anderson Manufacturing makes the guns for Colt- and they handle the warranty repairs in KY too... since they don't work.

skp
10-20-16, 13:41
Colt Competition is not the "real" Colt; they licensed Colt's name. How they were able to do that is beyond me.

Shao
10-20-16, 13:43
Ahhh.. that explains a lot then. I've been out of the loop too long. Thanks guys. I'll pass...

GH41
10-20-16, 15:13
If I were a magazine collector I would buy one. If nothing else it would make an interesting conversation piece.