PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt in progress, LEOs down

WillBrink
10-24-16, 12:21
Hopefully it will end as it did when sheriff Grady Judd and crew caught up with a similar POS:

Manhunt Underway in Oklahoma for Suspect in Double Homicide, Shooting of 2 Police Officers

Authorities in Oklahoma have launched a manhunt for a suspect in a double homicide who also allegedly opened fire on two police officers with an AK-47, striking both officers in the legs.

Police issued a warrant poster for the fugitive, Michael Vance, who they said came out firing with an assault weapon after officers responded to reports of shots in the area.

Police say they believe the suspect streamed his escape on Facebook Live.

The two officers sustained non-life-threatening injuries, officials say. One officer was shot in the foot and another was hit by gunfire in both legs.

Vance fled to a mobile home park, where police discovered the bodies of two of his relatives, officials said. Sheriff John Whetsel of the Oklahoma City Sheriff's Department identified those victims as 55-year-old Donald Everett Wilkson and 54-year-old Valerie Kay Wilkson, his wife.

Vance then ditched the police cruiser and allegedly "shot at and injured" a woman as he was in the process of stealing her silver 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Vance was recently released from the Lincoln County Jail on accusations of child sexual assault, the sheriff said.

Cont:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-underway-oklahoma-suspect-double-homicide-shooting-police/story?id=43009487

jpmuscle
10-24-16, 12:28
Thoughts and prayers out to the injured.

Firefly
10-24-16, 12:28
Welp. Here's hoping he gets some Ballistic tip heart surgery.

jpmuscle
10-24-16, 12:40
I dig that.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-24-16, 14:45
"Subject has a medical condition and may try to spread a disease'. That's a cherry on top.

What a waste of humanity. Good luck and good hunting.

Firefly
10-24-16, 15:18
"Subject has a medical condition and may try to spread a disease'. That's a cherry on top.

HIV or Hep.

Welp. Hope them 100 yard zeros are well in order.

Outlander Systems
10-24-16, 16:15
Set Tasers to Sizzle.

I want to invent, and market to LE, a lethal Taser that shoots lightning bolts for situations like this.

sevenhelmet
10-24-16, 16:18

Even if it's not true, that's effing awesome tactics to discourage anyone from harboring this fugitive.

ETA: Despite alleged sex abuse of a child he was allowed to walk? WTF...

ZGXtreme
10-24-16, 21:46
Got the carrier and 7 extra mags up front waiting for him to pop up. It's been quiet since this morning, don't know what he's been doing but I can't imagine this is close to over.

ggammell
10-24-16, 21:55
Got the carrier and 7 extra mags up front waiting for him to pop up. It's been quiet since this morning, don't know what he's been doing but I can't imagine this is close to over.

Be ready.

Firefly
10-24-16, 22:05
Be ready.
This. Unless he has someone willing to actively aid him in getting away, chances are he is merely holed up somewhere. Holed up and looking for an out.

The old saying is if they have already killed someone, all bets are off. They are willing to do it again.

Vandal
10-24-16, 22:45

I'm stealing this.

Those in the area, be safe, watch out for each other and if need be invalidate his birth certificate.

MistWolf
10-24-16, 23:06
To all in the area- Stay safe and get the badguy

Vandal
10-31-16, 08:55
Looks like the shooter was found and died of acute lead poisoning. May he rot in hell.

A massive manhunt for a suspect in a string of violent crimes, including the killing of two relatives, the shooting of two police officers and multiple carjackings, ended Sunday night in a police chase and shootout that left the man dead in Oklahoma.

Fugitive Dies In Shoot Out With Police (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/31/oklahoma-fugitive-dies-in-shootout-with-police.html)

WillBrink
10-31-16, 09:12
May he rest in pieces.

SOWT
10-31-16, 13:01
Looks like the shooter was found and died of acute lead poisoning. May he rot in hell.

Fugitive Dies In Shoot Out With Police (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/31/oklahoma-fugitive-dies-in-shootout-with-police.html)

Glock-oma take another.;)

ZGXtreme
11-01-16, 16:46
OHP released video from the lead Trooper's car as well as the FLIR footage from Patrol 1. Once the direct files are somewhere I can link too I'll update the thread. Definitely worth a watch.

Kenneth
11-01-16, 18:19
GOOD! I have been waiting for an update in this. Not near as much coverage as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC5188
11-01-16, 18:30
OHP released video from the lead Trooper's car as well as the FLIR footage from Patrol 1. Once the direct files are somewhere I can link too I'll update the thread. Definitely worth a watch.

Found the quad screen replay on local news site. Damn that was a lot of shooting...wow!

docsherm
11-01-16, 18:40
Nice work to the boys in Blue. Well done.

ZGXtreme
11-01-16, 19:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVFFmTcY1zk

Upper Left is Patrol 1 obviously. Upper Right is forward view lead Trooper, Lower Right in rearward view lead Trooper. Nice shooting while knee driving a pursuit lol. I've prepped my rifle while running hot but never deployed during the same maneuver. Of course, here we'd be written up for not only shooting at a moving vehicle, but the damage to the windshield.

All around, solid job by the OHP Tactical guys.

wildcard600
11-01-16, 23:46
Damn, one handed gangster style from a moving vehicle. Dugan would be proud.

Nice work.

Kenneth
11-01-16, 23:58
GDAMN! I wonder if he meant to leave the truck in reverse and walking towards them? That was smart until he gave up and decided to stand in the open.

I also wonder if any of the shots that were taken while the trooper was moving connected.

It sounded like a damn SAW that took him down. That full auto though!

ZGXtreme
11-02-16, 00:41
As luck would have it, that group of guys had just come back from a shooting from a moving vehicle school. Perfect timing.

jbjh
11-02-16, 02:52
GDAMN! I wonder if he meant to leave the truck in reverse and walking towards them? That was smart until he gave up and decided to stand in the open.

I also wonder if any of the shots that were taken while the trooper was moving connected.

It sounded like a damn SAW that took him down. That full auto though!

If you watch the FLIR you can see shots hitting the cab of the truck, as well as shots coming out. That trooper is GOOD!

Moose-Knuckle
11-02-16, 04:38
The point you realize when they are not going to take you alive lol!

Good on OHPTT, that was refreshing. Sounds like a happy switch there at the end.

Sam
11-03-16, 11:02
Damn, one handed gangster style from a moving vehicle. Dugan would be proud.

Nice work.

That trooper was as cool as cucumber, no emotion, just grab that M4 and go to work.

Firefly
11-03-16, 11:09
Yep. Pretty studly.

Hope he doesn't get gigged for the window.

usmcvet
11-03-16, 11:48
Very Impressive Under Fire. I saw this this morning.

SteyrAUG
11-03-16, 16:47

I think it just went off the road and he didn't stay behind it for some reason.

That trooper was as cool as cucumber, no emotion, just grab that M4 and go to work.

Yep. Nicely done. Looked like he was getting decent hits too. Shooting at a moving vehicle from a moving vehicle, definitely not easy.

usmcvet
11-03-16, 17:00
I think it just went off the road and he didn't stay behind it for some reason.

Yep. Nicely done. Looked like he was getting decent hits too. Shooting at a moving vehicle from a moving vehicle, definitely not easy.
He had awesome cheek weld. Especially in that strange shooting position. Looked like he had a magnifier behind a micro red dot. I tried counting rounds did he do one or two mag changes?

rdbse
11-03-16, 18:17
Trooper appears to make a mag change at 2:39 in the video. Optic looks to be a variable scope.... maybe Vortex Razor 1-6.

Kenneth
11-03-16, 18:21
Trooper appears to make a mag change at 2:39 in the video. Optic looks to be a variable scope.... maybe Vortex Razor 1-6.

I thought it was a razor as well when I watched it.

It looks like the OHP is allowed to use their personal rifles which is awesome.

I know here in my area you can use whatever you want as long as it's from a reputable manufacture and it gets approved. Too bad more cops are not gun guys and only get the cheapest stuff possible.

I would be running with a suppressed SBR for sure.

dwhitehorne
11-03-16, 18:25
Well you can sure bet that Trooper's hearing is done. David