PDA

View Full Version : Best source for PMags

jgalt
09-10-08, 23:15
What is the best source for PMags? (By 'best', I guess I mean price...) I've found a bunch of places that sell them for ~$14.50 to $14.95 - is there anything cheaper than this? Magpul sells them directly @ $14.95 each - is there any reason to use some other source if this is going to be (basically) the best available price?

Thanks!

Parabellum9x19mm
09-10-08, 23:18
rainier arms gives you a small break when you buy 10 packs.

$139 for 30 rounders

$125 for 20 rounders

$160 for 30 w/window

jgalt
09-10-08, 23:43
rainier arms gives you a small break when you buy 10 packs.

$139 for 30 rounders

$125 for 20 rounders

$160 for 30 w/window

Thanks! That isn't a huge discount, but I was kinda thinking about 20-30 of them (since they may not be available again after January...), so $12-18 is nothing to sneeze at.

ballsout
09-10-08, 23:46
I think aimsurplus.com is selling them for that price but shipping is ONLY $0.01. The window ones are $17.

Solid
09-10-08, 23:49
Botach will do large orders for $12 a pop. Cust. Service sucks though.

Parabellum9x19mm
09-10-08, 23:51
I'd rather give my money to Rainier or AIM than take the risk with Botach, I've had bad luck with them.

Jeffy
09-11-08, 00:41
www.44mag.com has good customer service.

Okami099
09-11-08, 04:05
+1 That's where i got mine from.
www.44mag.com has good customer service.

Iraqgunz
09-11-08, 05:44
Register with Brownells and they are like 12.85 a piece. I just picked up more.

johnson
09-11-08, 08:00
I just ordered 10 from eguns for $142 shipped. AIM has the same price but eguns is a dealer on here. Brownells comes close to the same after you add in shipping.

markm
09-11-08, 08:24
I just can't imagine complaining about a 15 dollar freakin' MAG!

I guess they could be priced for $1, and people would want to know where they could find them for $0.75. :rolleyes:

C4IGrant
09-11-08, 10:32
We also offer discounts on bulk PMAG's. ;)

C4

jgalt
09-11-08, 10:34

I guess they could be priced for $1, and people would want to know where they could find them for $0.75. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine complaining about a $15 mag either - but I also can't imagine not shopping around for the best combination of price and service I can find. Since I'm new to the AR game, and don't have any past experiences by which to judge either best price or best service, it seems pretty logical to ask those who do have some experience. To do anything less seems more than a bit stupid, but maybe that's just me...

Gramps
09-11-08, 10:35

Some times people spend more time and money looking for a small saving, that they end up spending more instead. My mother still reads the ads in the paper for her groceries, and then spends the $4 gal to drive all over town to SEVERAL stores for the $0.39 saving, when the first store she has to go by anyway is within 1/2 mile of her house.
I have caught myself doing the similar things, and went "WHAT THE HELL".
A while back I was looking for a progressive reloader and in all my PRICE SHOPPING I ended up spending more because I took so long looking to save a $ somewhere else. Nothing wrong with shopping around, but it can be way overdone. I KNOW, my frugal wife has pointed this out to me.

jgalt
09-11-08, 11:01
Some times people spend more time and money looking for a small saving, that they end up spending more instead. My mother still reads the ads in the paper for her groceries, and then spends the $4 gal to drive all over town to SEVERAL stores for the $0.39 saving, when the first store she has to go by anyway is within 1/2 mile of her house.
I have caught myself doing the similar things, and went "WHAT THE HELL".
A while back I was looking for a progressive reloader and in all my PRICE SHOPPING I ended up spending more because I took so long looking to save a $ somewhere else. Nothing wrong with shopping around, but it can be way overdone. I KNOW, my frugal wife has pointed this out to me.

You'll get no disagreement from me. I routinely pay more for individual grocery items at a store close by my home rather than saving a small amount on the item and driving 5 miles for it. Then again, I'll gladly drive the 7 miles to the best meat store in town because I get both a dramatically better product & much better service than is available in the regular grocery store less than 1 mile from home.

The difference between my food choices and my search for info on pmags is that I've already done the research on my grocery options and have come to an educated decision. Once I've completed my research / question-asking regarding magazines, and assuming I am happy with the service I get from wherever I end up buying, I'll gladly go back to the same supplier again and again, even if they aren't always the absolute best price. A good relationship between myself and whatever vendor I settle on is always going to be more important to me than saving a few dollars here and there.

Again, I can only do this once I've done the initial research. Seems obvious to me, but to each his own...

Fringe
09-11-08, 11:07
Register with Brownells and they are like 12.85 a piece. I just picked up more.

Where do you see this??

Fringe
09-11-08, 11:26
44 mag is GTG with free shipping over $200.

sgtmajor
09-11-08, 11:37
anyone ever considered a group buy?

Solid
09-11-08, 14:35

I can't imagine complaining about a $15 mag either - but I also can't imagine not shopping around for the best combination of price and service I can find. Since I'm new to the AR game, and don't have any past experiences by which to judge either best price or best service, it seems pretty logical to ask those who do have some experience. To do anything less seems more than a bit stupid, but maybe that's just me...

When your buying 20 magazines or more it makes a huge difference.

Pretty wise to try and save $5 when it would equal $100 in the long run.

Iraqgunz
09-11-08, 15:26
Basically you need to go in and register with Brownells. I did this a few years back when I was still in the MIL.

Where do you see this??

Fringe
09-11-08, 15:30
Basically you need to go in and register with Brownells. I did this a few years back when I was still in the MIL.

Ohh, so its for LEO and Mills? I am a civi so I guess not super discount for me!

Robb Jensen
09-11-08, 15:33
Ohh, so its for LEO and Mills? I am a civi so I guess not super discount for me!

If you get a C&R FFL ($30) you'll get the same discount as Mil/Govt/LE.

Iraqgunz
09-11-08, 16:24
If you go to the site and look there are quite a few categories listed and you may fall into one. Try your search-fu and see what happens.

dilligaffrn
09-12-08, 01:20
If you get a C&R FFL ($30) you'll get the same discount as Mil/Govt/LE.

my Glock armorer cert works also:)

marylandsniper
09-13-08, 08:49
Bravo Company

RogerinTPA
09-13-08, 09:16
I got a bunch from them a while back. It's the one order that wasn't fouled up and was shipped fast. They are hit or miss. Call them to see if mags or any item, are in stock prior to doing an online order.

Botach will do large orders for $12 a pop. Cust. Service sucks though.

biodegraded
09-13-08, 22:18
We also offer discounts on bulk PMAG's.

Hmmm. I called my CC number in to R earlier this week for a build and ordered some pmags too. I specifically asked if there was a bulk discount for them and she said no.

C4IGrant
09-14-08, 09:56
Hmmm. I called my CC number in to R earlier this week for a build and ordered some pmags too. I specifically asked if there was a bulk discount for them and she said no.

Did you order 20 or 30 of them? That is about the only time we give discounts on PMAG's.

C4

biodegraded
09-15-08, 13:31
I ordered 10. I would probably would have ordered 20, depending on difference, if I knew that was the break point, but I was told there is no bulk discount. End of sentence. <shrug> Whatever, I don't imagine the price is that much different and you're probably not getting rich off this biz. It's not a big deal to me but consistent info would be preferable.

FusionZ06
09-15-08, 22:08
www.AimSurplus.com has them for $14.20 w/.01 cent shipping!

Windowed are $17.05

http://www.aimsurplus.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?PR=-1&TB=A&SS=pmag

C4IGrant
09-16-08, 08:31
I ordered 10. I would probably would have ordered 20, depending on difference, if I knew that was the break point, but I was told there is no bulk discount. End of sentence. <shrug> Whatever, I don't imagine the price is that much different and you're probably not getting rich off this biz. It's not a big deal to me but consistent info would be preferable.

Mags are not a big money maker, but you would have most likely saved 1.00-1.50 per mag. When looking at QTY of 20, it adds up.

C4

Legion6
09-17-08, 10:48
I like Bravo Company USA. I trust Paul. Always did me right. His site is the first I go to to see if they're in stock. If his are a few cents higher, I still shop with him. The reason is because if an order gets messed up, Paul makes right, always. I'll pay extra for reassurance in my orders.