PDA

View Full Version : New Walther Creed 9mm

acaixguard
10-26-16, 11:41
Looks like Walther just announced a new compact 9mm called the Creed.

The name is a little cheesy to me, but overall, it may hold some potential. Thoughts?

http://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/creed/

BuzzinSATX
10-26-16, 11:51
Same basic size as a G19. I was planning to buy a couple PPQ's soon, but this would cause me to change that plan and get these. I wonder if the mags and holsters are compatible with the PPQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Sauce
10-26-16, 11:58
Based on height, it is closer to G17 than 19. Based on the bottom lips of the mag, as well as it's capacity, it looks like it takes PPX mags.

BuzzinSATX
10-26-16, 12:07
Based on height, it is closer to G17 than 19. Based on the bottom lips of the mag, as well as it's capacity, it looks like it takes PPX mags.

Yes. My bad. Slide is G19 but grip is closer to G17.

Still, if it shoots like a PPQ, I think it will be a winner. I do love my PPQ .45

BuzzinSATX
10-26-16, 12:09
So after another look, this is more of a smaller PPX versus a compact PPQ, based on the fact it is a precocked hammer...is that a correct assumption ?

Hot Sauce
10-26-16, 13:28
I should have mentioned that. The pre-cocked bobbed hammer is also an analog to the PPX.

Beat Trash
10-26-16, 13:53
The gun is 5.6" in height, which puts it more in the size package of a Glock 17 with a Glock 19 slide.

It seems to be a PPX that they touched up the inside of a bit and smoothed the outside shape a bit. If it performs the same or better than the PPX, then it should be an excellent pistol for the price point.

BuzzinSATX
10-26-16, 14:08
The gun is 5.6" in height, which puts it more in the size package of a Glock 17 with a Glock 19 slide.

It seems to be a PPX that they touched up the inside of a bit and smoothed the outside shape a bit. If it performs the same or better than the PPX, then it should be an excellent pistol for the price point.

Right. Kind of like the concept of the Sig P320 Carry size, with short slide and longer grip.

Also, you mentioned price point...I didn't see the MSR. Was it there?

Update: disregard. Found the MSRP will be $399.

MStarmer
10-26-16, 15:21
Same basic size as a G19. I was planning to buy a couple PPQ's soon, but this would cause me to change that plan and get these. I wonder if the mags and holsters are compatible with the PPQ?

Even the PPQ mags aren't compatible with each other. M1 and M2, you'd think it would be easy enough to standardize on at least one of them.

Hot Sauce
10-26-16, 16:00
Even the PPQ mags aren't compatible with each other. M1 and M2, you'd think it would be easy enough to standardize on at least one of them.

PPQ M1 and M2 are the same mags with different release tab cuts. They could easily make 3 cuts on any new mag and viola any new mag is compatible with all PPQs/P99s.

But things that seem obvious to me are not so obvious to Walther Gmbh big wigs. If both World Wars show anything, it's that Germans often run into problems with supply lines.

CanineCombatives
10-27-16, 16:27
I don't like this economy version direction they are going in.

BuzzinSATX
10-27-16, 16:43
I don't like this economy version direction they are going in.

The CCP was certainly a cheap erosion of the PPS that eroded the brand IMO, but the PPX was/is a solid firearm from my limited experience. Shot nice, had a decent trigger, good price. This smaller version won't necessarily be a dog like the CCP, and could really be a boon to the consumer who has $400 for a HD/CC handgun. But I could surely be wrong...

Skyviking
10-27-16, 22:25
Mein Gott!!! A PIP High Point Volkspistolen...

I'd buy a PPS or a PPQ. Oh, wait, that reminds me: I sold my PPQ M1. Anyone need a NIP 5-Shot Leather AIWB/IWB holster and some M-1 mags in 9mm or .40???

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-27-16, 23:48
I think they should market these under another brand. Diluting the brand's image with discount guns seems short-sighted. Why are these any cheaper than PPQ?

Sox
10-28-16, 05:20
Simply a revised and updated PPX guys. Same size, more streamlined and balanced in appearance.

Slater
10-28-16, 16:15
I've got a PPX. Superb shooter and (IMHO) great ergonomics. The knocks against it seem to be "nice gun, just too damn bulky", and it's ugly. I would agree that the new Creed is just a warmed-over PPX. And who the Hell thinks up the names for these guns? It's German - how about the "Rommel" or some such :D

gtmtnbiker98
10-30-16, 10:51
I don't see these being accepted with arms wide open, by the shooting community.

Slater
10-30-16, 11:51
According to Walther, the PPX series was discontinued because of poor sales. Maybe they're hoping that a more streamlined version will be more appealing. As far as being priced very low, I think that Walther uses a whole lotta MIM parts to help the PPX/Creed get to that price point. I know that the PPX uses a three-piece barrel assembly and one or two parts may be MIM also.

BuzzinSATX
10-30-16, 12:30
I don't see these being accepted with arms wide open, by the shooting community.

I wouldn't say that. It's a pretty big community, as proven by how many HiPoint pistols are bought every year. I don't think the M4C population will likely be big buyers of this pistol regardless of the quality, just like many here aren't big supporters (at least not publicly... :secret: ) of the S&W SDV series, or the Ruger SR series, but sell pretty well to the 'unenlightened masses' of Joe and Mary PublicShooter.

I may be wrong, but if it turns out to be a reliable firearm, and having the Walther brand behind it, I think this pistol will find a market. If the world doesn't go to Hell after the election, and there are some readily available this time next year, I may very well buy a couple just to have stashed away if the triggers and reliability are at least as good as the original PPX.

Slater
10-30-16, 12:49
It'll be kind of like an AA meeting: "Hi. I'm Jeff and I'm a PPX owner".

m4brian
11-05-16, 13:50
Having felt the PPX trigger and read many owners findings, I think this is a GREAT version of DAO. The trigger feels great, and a modified hammer gun is welcome. ACCURACY seems to be Walter consistent also. This Gen2 PPX does address some of the PPX form issues, and if properly executed would be a great gun. To me "no snag sights" are dumb, and the too much tai chi name is nuts, but it MAY be a decent gun, and worth a look.

Would like to see someone with clout review it.