PDA

View Full Version : New To The Civilian AR World

HuggerOrange
10-26-16, 17:07
I have already posted in the new member intro section.
I am ex ARMY Infantry and have yet to buy a civilian type M4- AR. I don't plan on shooting any Zombies, unless they bother me. I just want to shoot in my back yard (I live in the boonies) at random targets and an indoor range every now and again. My budget is anywhere from $500-$1200. Any opinions? Thanks.

wildcard600
10-26-16, 17:11
Colt 6920 or 6720
Sionics
BCM

Can't go wrong with any of those.

Mr. Goodtimes
10-26-16, 17:17
Colt 6920, 6720 or AR15 A4. Honestly if I was just looking for a "fun gun to shoot" the AR15 A4 would be at the top of the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallenromeo
10-26-16, 17:17
Colt 6920 or 6720
Sionics
BCM

Can't go wrong with any of those.

yup. end thread after that list

Iraqgunz
10-26-16, 19:27
Feel free to use the search feature and do some research. You have about 12 days left before the pickings are slim.

CPM
10-26-16, 19:37
I was in your same shoes. Buy a Colt 6920 and be done with it. You won't regret it.

556BlackRifle
10-26-16, 19:56
Buy a Colt before it's too late.

SeriousStudent
10-26-16, 20:58
My personal opinion is that we could have closed the thread after wildcard600's post.

I would get it now, before the Hildebeast assumes power.

stubbychubby
10-26-16, 21:10
Spikes tactical is going to be the best bang for your buck, 900 bucks CHF FN barrel and a qaulity manufaturer. If you want to go even cheaper for just a fun rifle, I recommend aero persion. Get it soon tho before it becomes slim pickins. Im also ex infantry :)

Mr. Goodtimes
10-26-16, 21:26
Spikes tactical is going to be the best bang for your buck, 900 bucks CHF FN barrel and a qaulity manufaturer. If you want to go even cheaper for just a fun rifle, I recommend aero persion. Get it soon tho before it becomes slim pickins. Im also ex infantry :)

Lmao

DreadPirateMoyer
10-26-16, 21:57

If by Spikes you mean Colt, then yes.

Spikes: not even once.

Firefly
10-26-16, 22:02
If I wanted a shooter "just for fun" it would be a 20".

You can build your prowess with irons or plop a 3-9 scope on without it looking dumb.

I'd get a Colt. Trust me and the others. Spikes and DPMS are a waste of your time.

If this were the only rifle you may possibly get to have, you want it to be decent

RHINOWSO
10-26-16, 22:08
Oh here comes the onslaught of threads titled - "I was JUST about to BUY an AR and now I can't find one for a FAIR!!$!$!$$! price".

"Uh, ok".

Skyyr
10-26-16, 22:09
If your budget is $1200 and you want an M4 clone, get a Colt (or stretch your budget by $300-400 and get two). There's nothing else closer to the original thing, and you won't beat the quality with anything else at that price point.

If you want something more customized than a vanilla Colt or want to go with a precision setup, and can up your budget to $1400 or so, look at BCM.

If you want to get the best M4-type rifle money can buy, I believe that happens to currently be the KAC SR-15. You're looking at ~$1800-1900, but well worth it, in my opinion. An SR-15 went 20,000 rounds with zero weapon-related malfunctions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPmJYcgBSo

Whatever rifle you go with, be sure to buy 10-20 magazines and enough ammo to last your plinking/training/shooting needs for the next 1-2 years (I'd recommend 1k rounds minimum, 3k+ if you can swing it).

Just keep in mind that if a panic happens (and it likely will), this may be the last time you will be able to purchase a rifle at decent prices for the next several years (if ever again), and it may be the last time you truly have the option of buying whichever rifle you choose. The last time a panic happened, rifles, magazines, and ammo were literally out of stock and backordered for 1.5-2 years - this is not by any means an exaggeration. We're overdue a panic and the election is in 12 days. Do your research and make an informed decision as quickly as you can.

kirkland
10-26-16, 22:39
CMMG.

Just kidding, get the Colt!

C-grunt
10-27-16, 05:22
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920

There you go.

Scrubber3
10-27-16, 07:25

Fo Reals? NAH....

Seriously, a Colt 6920 can be had for that right now and you know it'll go bang when you want it to. I'd get an Aero over a Spikes BTW..

Pilot1
10-27-16, 07:53
I am very happy with my Colt M4/6920, Magpul FDE edition. I slapped an SWFA 1-4x24 on it, and I'm done. It has performed very well for me.

stubbychubby
10-27-16, 08:59
Nahhh, I do not like the colts sam I am... Never had much luck with them. I dont see whats wrong with spikes, other then ppl not liking the logo.

stubbychubby
10-27-16, 09:03
Aeros a good company, from what ive read and seen the castle nut stakings are not the best, as well as the gas keys. I think the spikes are better IMO but not by much.

sasquatchoslav
10-27-16, 11:15
i have a psa beater as a ranch workhorse thing is hilarious it just won't die no matter what i do to it for ~ 575 with ffls/shipping i wasn't expecting much. probably close to 4k rounds through it mostly wolf and some privi partisan whatever is cheap at the time. on day one zeroing it was just a bit under 2 moa with wolf good enough for me to kill the cockroaches. may not be your cup of tea for what you want to do but it works for me.

Renegade04
10-27-16, 11:20
Palmetto State Armory (PSA) is running some really good sales right now on Freedom and Premium upper assemblies as well as complete lower assemblies and BCGs. You can easily get a good quality M4 type AR for less than $600 from them right now.

Upper
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-premium-5-56-nato-1-7-without-bcg-or-charging-handle-29079.html

Lower
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

BCG
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-premium-hpt-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-no-logo-39339.html

Charging Handle
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-m16-7075-t6-forged-mil-spec-charging-handle-24080.html

misfit47
10-27-16, 11:29
My favorite rifle is a spikes dissipator. I will admit that the guts are colt with the exception of the trigger though.
Might want to be quick though. It's about to get ugly.

Skyyr
10-27-16, 11:39
Palmetto State Armory (PSA) is running some really good sales right now on Freedom and Premium upper assemblies as well as complete lower assemblies and BCGs. You can easily get a good quality M4 type AR for less than $600 from them right now.

Upper
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-premium-5-56-nato-1-7-without-bcg-or-charging-handle-29079.html

Lower
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

BCG
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-premium-hpt-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-no-logo-39339.html

Charging Handle
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-m16-7075-t6-forged-mil-spec-charging-handle-24080.html

You can get a factory new Colt OEM1 for about $750, and it won't be a blem lower. Furniture is $50-100, depending on your preferences.

No offense, but why are people suggesting anything less than a Colt as someone's first AR? It's not like there's panic pricing in place and a Colt is $1500. There's less than $200 difference between a Colt and a PSA, Spikes, etc. And that's not to mention a Colt will hold its value above and beyond almost every other brand.

If you have one shot at buying an AR, and perhaps your only chance to own one, make it a Colt. That is the gold standard. Get anything less than that and you'll eventually regret it.

masenomics
10-27-16, 11:57
You can get a factory new Colt OEM1 for about $750, and it won't be a blem lower. Furniture is $50-100, depending on your preferences.

No offense, but why are people suggesting anything less than a Colt as someone's first AR? It's not like there's panic pricing in place and a Colt is $1500. There's less than $200 difference between a Colt and a PSA, Spikes, etc. And that's not to mention a Colt will hold its value above and beyond almost every other brand.

If you have one shot at buying an AR, and perhaps your only chance to own one, make it a Colt. That is the gold standard. Get anything less than that and you'll eventually regret it.
^^^^this

misfit47
10-27-16, 12:12
They ate correct. Buy a colt, or 2.

stubbychubby
10-27-16, 12:31
So, if you dont buy a colt and only colt, you will regret it??? dude, thats just ridiculous. What is it that is so magical about the colt over another mil spec ar in similar price range? All the colts ive been issued had nothing but problems, damn thing never worked when I needed it to. Im not trying to troll im just being honest and just dont understand this ban wagoning at all. Go with a reputable company with good track record and be happy.

Skyyr
10-27-16, 13:02
So, if you dont buy a colt and only colt, you will regret it??? dude, thats just ridiculous. What is it that is so magical about the colt over another mil spec ar in similar price range? All the colts ive been issued had nothing but problems, damn thing never worked when I needed it to. Im not trying to troll im just being honest and just dont understand this ban wagoning at all. Go with a reputable company with good track record and be happy.

I never said to buy only a Colt. Out of all of the rifles I've owned, Colts were the worst-finished and least ergonomic out of the box. The government M4 profile barrels are pointless and illogical unless you happen to be lugging around an M203 grenade launcher on your own dime. I really don't even like most factory Colts (the SOCOM being the one exception that I do like) and the ones I did have were purely backup "working" guns.

Despite all of this, I still owned them because they were extremely reliable and a known quantity of quality.

No one here is trying to push Colt as the "best" rifle you can get - they aren't, unless you're looking for the closest thing possible to an M4 clone. Colt's are simply the lowest quality you should consider. "Just as good as" or "better" options include Sionics, BCM, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, and a few others.

If you were in the military, then your rifles were likely limited to Colt, FN, and Bushmaster, so naturally you're only going to see rifles from those brands fail. Your rifles were also likely years old, used and neglected in harsh working environments. These are not new rifles nor are they indicative of how a well-maintained, new rifle runs. The irony that few people recognize is that the reason why you only saw Colt rifles "fail" is because they were one of the few to pass trials and be selected by the military. You don't see Spikes, PSA, etc. putting their rifles into trials for military issue and, likely, for good reason.

Spikes, PSA, etc. are questionable at best. No one is saying they won't run as hobby guns. For the average user, they're fine; the average user is going to go to the range 1-4 times a year and run a box or two of ammo through the gun. Even a DPMS would be fine for this usage. If you're an AR-15 collector, go ahead and buy one to round out your collection - no one's going to fault you or care.

The issue arises when hobbyists with their Spikes, PSA, DPMS, etc. start comparing their budget hobby rifle with a mil-spec quality rifle and claiming it can run "just as well." 95% of the time, they can't, but the hobbyist claiming their rifle isn't as good likely isn't even aware of what constitutes "real" usage. It's not a pride-of-ownership thing or a snob thing, it's a real-world practicality thing.

Running your rifle on the range and casually clearing a stoppage or malfunction every 50 or 100 rounds is much different than someone who owns an AR for home-defense or as a go-to truck rifle and needs the rifle to fire the first time and every time they pull the trigger. Colt rifles are built to run as reliably as the TDP calls for (in other words, as closely to a real M4 as possible). Will your Spikes run just as well? Maybe, maybe not. Spikes rifles are not built to the same tolerances, nor are they privy to Colts TDP (the "gold standard"). It's literally a gamble on whether or not the rifle will have issues when ran hard or when ran in non-optimal conditions or firing routines.

Can you improve your PSA or Spikes and tweak it to run well? Yes. It'll cost money, but you can get it to run as well as a Colt. Right now, though, you can buy a Colt for less than $200 more than the cheapest contender. Given that, why gamble with anything else? If we were in the middle of a panic and Colts were $1500, then yes, it might make sense to pursue a budget-oriented brand and work on making it run reliably - we saw lots of that during the last election panic.

For now, though, at current prices, there is no logical reason to buy anything less than a Colt.

mjpgolf1
10-27-16, 14:46
I never said to buy only a Colt. Out of all of the rifles I've owned, Colts were the worst-finished and least ergonomic out of the box. The government M4 profile barrels are pointless and illogical unless you happen to be lugging around an M203 grenade launcher on your own dime. I really don't even like most factory Colts (the SOCOM being the one exception that I do like) and the ones I did have were purely backup "working" guns.

Despite all of this, I still owned them because they were extremely reliable and a known quantity of quality.

No one here is trying to push Colt as the "best" rifle you can get - they aren't, unless you're looking for the closest thing possible to an M4 clone. Colt's are simply the lowest quality you should consider. "Just as good as" or "better" options include Sionics, BCM, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, and a few others.

If you were in the military, then your rifles were likely limited to Colt, FN, and Bushmaster, so naturally you're only going to see rifles from those brands fail. Your rifles were also likely years old, used and neglected in harsh working environments. These are not new rifles nor are they indicative of how a well-maintained, new rifle runs. The irony that few people recognize is that the reason why you only saw Colt rifles "fail" is because they were one of the few to pass trials and be selected by the military. You don't see Spikes, PSA, etc. putting their rifles into trials for military issue and, likely, for good reason.

Spikes, PSA, etc. are questionable at best. No one is saying they won't run as hobby guns. For the average user, they're fine; the average user is going to go to the range 1-4 times a year and run a box or two of ammo through the gun. Even a DPMS would be fine for this usage. If you're an AR-15 collector, go ahead and buy one to round out your collection - no one's going to fault you or care.

The issue arises when hobbyists with their Spikes, PSA, DPMS, etc. start comparing their budget hobby rifle with a mil-spec quality rifle and claiming it can run "just as well." 95% of the time, they can't, but the hobbyist claiming their rifle isn't as good likely isn't even aware of what constitutes "real" usage. It's not a pride-of-ownership thing or a snob thing, it's a real-world practicality thing.

Running your rifle on the range and casually clearing a stoppage or malfunction every 50 or 100 rounds is much different than someone who owns an AR for home-defense or as a go-to truck rifle and needs the rifle to fire the first time and every time they pull the trigger. Colt rifles are built to run as reliably as the TDP calls for (in other words, as closely to a real M4 as possible). Will your Spikes run just as well? Maybe, maybe not. Spikes rifles are not built to the same tolerances, nor are they privy to Colts TDP (the "gold standard"). It's literally a gamble on whether or not the rifle will have issues when ran hard or when ran in non-optimal conditions or firing routines.

Can you improve your PSA or Spikes and tweak it to run well? Yes. It'll cost money, but you can get it to run as well as a Colt. Right now, though, you can buy a Colt for less than $200 more than the cheapest contender. Given that, why gamble with anything else? If we were in the middle of a panic and Colts were $1500, then yes, it might make sense to pursue a budget-oriented brand and work on making it run reliably - we saw lots of that during the last election panic.

For now, though, at current prices, there is no logical reason to buy anything less than a Colt.

Just to be clear, I don't run Spikes equipment except for their Lower receivers because I'm one of the people that actually likes the look of the Spider and Honey Badger roll marks, and I have a couple of their BCGs that have been flawless. But Spikes complete rifles aren't cheap and they range from $900 to $2000 so I wouldn't put them in the PSA league. I know a lot of you guys don't like Spikes but they still make a nice rifle and they were at one time considered very high end. I think it's personal with a lot of the Spikes hate here because they have been represented poorly on forums. But I've never seen a Spikes rifle that couldn't get drug thru the mud and beat to hell and didn't run as good as anything out there. I would agree that the Colt is probably the best rifle to buy and will hold its value great. But if people can put personal feelings about the people at Spikes aside, they still make a nice rifle in comparison to a lot of the junk that's out on the market today.

Carry on good people. Just wanted to chime in because I really do think Spikes actual equipment is better than they get credit for.

stubbychubby
10-27-16, 14:50
"Colt's are simply the lowest quality you should consider. "Just as good as" or "better" options include Sionics, BCM, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, and a few others."

I agree with this^

As far as a spikes tactical being nothing more then a hobby rifle or being less than colt or having as tight tolarance? we will agree to disagree, to each thier own. (disclaimer I do not own a spikes)

here some vids on th spikes rifles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3i3AEvJOM (long intro) -aregularguy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo1dNgUd0p8 -mrgunzandgear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Hk7zeVVXU Spikes bcg vs BCM bcg

Furbyballer
10-27-16, 14:59
Its been my life experience to seek out people much smarter than me and listen and learn from them. When you get several SMEs drop in and comment on these threads and forums all the time and continuously name drop the same couple companies that are acceptable and the same couple that should be avoided, I would read and heed despite your personal sample of 1.

HuggerOrange
10-27-16, 15:29
Thanks for all the advice. I hope I did well. This rifle reminds me a little bit of what I carried on the battle field. BTW, there were only (4) left in stock so, I pulled the trigger very quick! I looked there about an hour later and they were sold out!
BTW, I used the rest of my budget money to buy ammo and mags. The ammo is coming from SGAMMO.COM (1K rounds of PMC-FMJ-BT) and the mags, I bought a (10) pack of 20 round PMAGS and a (10) pack of 30 round PMAGS from GUNMAGWAREHOUSE.COM

http://gunbuyer.com/p-22705-colt-le6920-ar-15-carbine-magpul-furniture-sa-556-nato-161-barrel-301-black.aspx
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/10-pack-magpul-pmag-gen-m3-ar-15-223-5-56-30-round-magazine.html?SID=5ubimn940lg3ta6kae8joe7s00
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/10-pack-of-magpul-pmag-gen-m3-ar-15-223-5-56-20-round-magazine.html?SID=5ubimn940lg3ta6kae8joe7s00
http://sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-round-case-223-rem-pmc-55-grain-fmj-bt-brass-case-ammo-223a

Furbyballer
10-27-16, 15:34
You sir have done well

Skyyr
10-27-16, 16:44
Thanks for all the advice. I hope I did well. This rifle reminds me a little bit of what I carried on the battle field. BTW, there were only (4) left in stock so, I pulled the trigger very quick! I looked there about an hour later and they were sold out!
BTW, I used the rest of my budget money to buy ammo and mags. The ammo is coming from SGAMMO.COM (1K rounds of PMC-FMJ-BT) and the mags, I bought a (10) pack of 20 round PMAGS and a (10) pack of 30 round PMAGS from GUNMAGWAREHOUSE.COM

http://gunbuyer.com/p-22705-colt-le6920-ar-15-carbine-magpul-furniture-sa-556-nato-161-barrel-301-black.aspx
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/10-pack-magpul-pmag-gen-m3-ar-15-223-5-56-30-round-magazine.html?SID=5ubimn940lg3ta6kae8joe7s00
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/10-pack-of-magpul-pmag-gen-m3-ar-15-223-5-56-20-round-magazine.html?SID=5ubimn940lg3ta6kae8joe7s00
http://sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-round-case-223-rem-pmc-55-grain-fmj-bt-brass-case-ammo-223a

This is probably the best "first purchase" I've ever seen. Well done!

joeyjoe
10-27-16, 16:54
Bravo, HuggerOrange! I don't have any experience with the websites you used, but the items that you purchased are right on the money. Nice price on that 6920. Enjoy. :)

austinN4
10-27-16, 17:08
Someone actually listened! Good purchase by the OP.

NoveskeFan
10-27-16, 17:12
Great first purchase! If you haven't already, I'd recommend at least a sling & possibly a light with mount (for pure range use, I suppose you can skip the light).

mjpgolf1
10-27-16, 17:18
Good choice OP. You will be well served with the 6920.

3M-TA3
10-27-16, 17:43
Hella good deal on that! Well done.

wilson1911
10-27-16, 18:07
I just spit coffee all over my screen. Gotta mess to clean up now.^^^^^^^^^^^^

kirkland
10-27-16, 18:12
How many 6920s have been sold now because of this forum? Colt should be paying us commission dammit!

556BlackRifle
10-27-16, 18:27
Nicely done OP.

Nightstalker865
10-27-16, 19:15
Congrats OP.

t15
10-27-16, 20:08
This thread made me nervous, great deal OP. I literally just bought a 6920 from armsunlimited.com for $950 with the new magpul MOE slim furniture.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M4-Carbine-MOE-Magpul-Edition-Rifle-p/le6920mps.htm

Anyone still looking, in stock time of this post.

556Cliff
10-28-16, 10:07
OP could have got 1000 rounds of IMI M193 for just $19.50 more from the same place. :sad:

556BlackRifle
10-28-16, 10:58
OP could have got 1000 rounds of IMI M193 for just $19.50 more from the same place. :sad:

Maybe but he still did better than 99% of noobs do. I bought my first personally owned AR in the early 1990s; Bushwacker HBAR and 1000 rounds of Rem UMC. IMO his choice of AR and accessories puts him way ahead of the curve. :)

stubbychubby
10-28-16, 11:22
Plz tell me your joking??? Well looks like im stuck with 400 rounds for a while T.T, I hate panic buying, prices nvr come down all the ethier.

556Cliff
10-28-16, 11:30
Maybe but he still did better than 99% of noobs do. I bought my first personally owned AR in the early 1990s; Bushwacker HBAR and 1000 rounds of Rem UMC. IMO his choice of AR and accessories puts him way ahead of the curve. :)

I agree he did good. My first AR was a post-ban Bushmaster 20" inch HBAR with a removable carry handle. So he did better than me too.

In my defense there wasn't a lot of options back in 2003. :no:

556Cliff
10-28-16, 11:37
Plz tell me your joking??? Well looks like im stuck with 400 rounds for a while T.T, I hate panic buying, prices nvr come down all the ethier.

$359.00 for 1000 rounds is the lowest price that I have seen IMI M193 at for quite a while. If you need ammo I would jump on it now because it's only going to go up from here.

HuggerOrange
10-28-16, 12:05
I did see that deal, but, I have always liked PMC ammo. I have a few boxes of it in .357 and 10 mm. I know there is more expensive ammo out there, and I have used it before. PMC will shoot just as good as the rest of them, IMO.

Wolfhound86
10-28-16, 12:32
Grab a 6920, slap a KAC RAS blem rail on it (http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=KM98064-Sand) and you will have pretty much the same thing you had in the infantry for ~$1000-$1100. It's what I did. Do it now time is ticking.

Baldness
10-28-16, 13:19
I own a 6920 can't go wrong with it. A 6720 is a great rifle as well a 6920 oem rifle would be cheaper if you are gonna customize it anyways. Can't beat a colt

Baldness
10-28-16, 13:29
Just saw you bought one already. Same exact rifle I purchased. Good price, you won't be sorry. Get the ammoseek app and you can find deals on mags and ammo quickly. Now go shoot the hell out of that rifle.

HuggerOrange
10-29-16, 15:20
Just saw you bought one already. Same exact rifle I purchased. Good price, you won't be sorry. Get the ammoseek app and you can find deals on mags and ammo quickly. Now go shoot the hell out of that rifle.
Were you one of the lucky ones to buy one of the (3) they had left? I know I was very lucky! BTW, I should have it Monday!

Baldness
10-29-16, 17:47
No i got it a couple years ago hopefully things don't get as crazy as before post sandy hookbut I'm prepared this time

HuggerOrange
10-29-16, 20:26
No i got it a couple years ago hopefully things don't get as crazy as before post sandy hookbut I'm prepared this time
I ordered some more PMAGS and ammo today.
After I made my order from PSA, I got to looking around on their site. I think I am going to build me an PSA AR in a few months. They have some great deals on their website.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/american-eagle-223-55gr-ammunition-1000rds-ten-10-magpul-pmag-30-5-56x45-magazines.html?trk_msg=KC3LDRFICND4P67J67847KE66K&trk_contact=93EA4EVH4OPOSO8G0M0VBNJN7C&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2famerican-eagle-223-55gr-ammunition-1000rds-ten-10-magpul-pmag-30-5-56x45-magazines.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deals+Email&utm_content=12%3a00+Email

mjpgolf1
10-29-16, 21:13

I think this time not only are more gun people more prepared, but gun and ammo companies seem to be in better shape as well. I would think that they learned that there is a pattern to this madness and they are geared up to keep a steady supply this time. I think the problem this time isn't going to be supply and demand, but actual regulations as to what we can and can't own. With all the hype surrounding this election if there was going to be shortages I think we would already be seeing them. So far I've not seen any indications that there is going to be a shortage of anything gun related. Every shop I've been in around my tri state area has not been short on anything as of yet. Hopefully that will continue but I've made sure I have all the guns I want for now and enough ammo to ride it out for 2 steady years of shooting or 4 conservative years.

t15
10-29-16, 21:27
If you are watching BCM upper and lower receiver groups and colt stuff, it's already starting.

Youre dreaming if you think there will be anything left after she's in the white house.

mjpgolf1
10-29-16, 21:51
If you are watching BCM upper and lower receiver groups and colt stuff, it's already starting.

Youre dreaming if you think there will be anything left after she's in the white house.

BCM is always short on stock and has been for years. They may be a bit more behind now but I blame that more on gun people creating their own internal panic. I've tried all year to get a couple parts kits and finally gave up. They're hot and they make a great product so they are struggling to keep up with general stock. As for Colt I can go to every local gun shop and buy as many as you want so I've not yet seen anything getting slim, they are readily available online as well so maybe it's going to get bad but I don't see anything yet. Same with ammo. Every gun shop has more ammo than I've ever seen right now. That doesn't mean things won't change but I'm a business owner myself, and if for decades I watched stock get depleted after every election and shortages of my product because of high demand, I would crank up my operation and keep a good steady supply while things are hot and do nothing but line my pockets with more money. So how gun and ammo manufacturers haven't caught onto this yet is beyond me but my fingers are crossed that things at least don't get as bad as it has in the past. Also keep in mind that if she does get elected it looks like she is going to have her own issues to deal with for quite some time so that should keep her busy for a while. This election is a complete cluster F and I've never seen anything like it. I can't believe that out of all the people in this country these are the two best people we could find. I know no one wants the job but you would think we could at least find someone halfway decent.

JaegerOne
10-30-16, 00:29
Aero Precision AC-15M.

stubbychubby
10-30-16, 00:44
$359.00 for 1000 rounds is the lowest price that I have seen IMI M193 at for quite a while. If you need ammo I would jump on it now because it's only going to go up from here.

Yea, moneys tight tho, but rifle ammo for me last alot longer then my 9mm for me. I might have to bite the bullet before prices reallly start getting retarded. any 223 for under 300 hundo?

t15
10-30-16, 06:51
Use wikiarms or ammo seek, lots of Russian steel case for $230/1000

Hapworth
10-30-16, 08:53
Aero Precision AC-15M.OP made his purchase a couple pages back.

SeriousStudent
10-30-16, 20:24
OP made his purchase a couple pages back.

Agreed.