PDA

View Full Version : Noveske turn around time?

CAPT KIRK
09-11-08, 03:52
I am going into my sixth week of waiting for my Noveske N4 LoProfile which I ordered through my local California "Assault Weapons" authorized dealer. I was wondering what kind of wait times those of you that have ordered these guns have had to endure.

I've managed to wait this long because I believe I will be getting one of the best factory complete guns out there, but that LMT Defender lower with maybe a Noveske or Larue Upper is starting to look tempting.

Anyone out there that can offer a sad lonely whiner some encouragement.

Iraqgunz
09-11-08, 06:13
I bought a complete Noveske upper and dropped it onto my own lower. I waited about 10 days from the time I ordered it. If possible, cancel the order, get the upper sent directly to you and buy a lower from G&R Tactical.

CAPT KIRK
09-11-08, 07:00
I bought a complete Noveske upper and dropped it onto my own lower. I waited about 10 days from the time I ordered it. If possible, cancel the order, get the upper sent directly to you and buy a lower from G&R Tactical.

Problem is... I'm one of those poor wreches who exists in the great democratic oppression of California, and even tho I am L/E I still have to jump through bunches of hoops to get an "assault rifle". Its a long story, but is not as easy as ordering something and having it sent to just any local neighborhood FFL.

It was just a efficient to order a complete gun, especially if you want a "top notch gun". I could have had a Colt or S&W MP15 in hand by now, but want the Noveske.

Guess... good things come to those that wait. I am sure the wait will be worth it when its in my hands, but I hate waiting.

scottp999
09-11-08, 07:32
I ordered the n4 light low profile (upper only) at the beginning of September. I was told an estimate of 2-3 week wait time. So it's not just complete rifles you have to wait for. On the other hand they had complete basic models in stock. I just think demand has increased for all kinds of AR's.

I ordered a complete N4 light low profile back in January and they were in stock and shipped alomst immediatley at that time.

I would stick in there, it's worth the wait.

So my answer to your poll is 1 week for my order earlier this year, and will probably be 3 weeks for the upper I ordered 10 days ago. Why 6 weeks for you and 3 weeks for me? Because they produce batches and I just happened to order in the middle of the batch making process and you ordered more on the front end. They will probably both be released for sale at the same time.

Paulinski
09-11-08, 07:46
I haven't voted in the poll but I ordered 12.5" Crusader Barrel in early August and was quoted 6-8 weeks.

Iraqgunz
09-11-08, 07:57
I feel for you as I just escaped there and now claim asylum in Arizona. Can't you buy a lower on Dept. Letterhead and then have it shipped to your FFL and then have him drop the upper on it and do the paperwork as a complete weapon? The lower is the weapon so it shouldn't matter to him.

Problem is... I'm one of those poor wreches who exists in the great democratic oppression of California, and even tho I am L/E I still have to jump through bunches of hoops to get an "assault rifle". Its a long story, but is not as easy as ordering something and having it sent to just any local neighborhood FFL.

It was just a efficient to order a complete gun, especially if you want a "top notch gun". I could have had a Colt or S&W MP15 in hand by now, but want the Noveske.

Guess... good things come to those that wait. I am sure the wait will be worth it when its in my hands, but I hate waiting.

CAPT KIRK
09-11-08, 08:38
Can't you buy a lower on Dept. Letterhead and then have it shipped to your FFL and then have him drop the upper on it and do the paperwork as a complete weapon? .

No.. I have to have the letterhead when I go to DROS the gun at my dealer. Only a certain dealers are authorized to handle assault rifles and high capacity "law enforcement only" magazines. The ones in our area mostly bring guns into the state via their out of state "home" stores. My gun will first have to travel to this dealers Texas store, before making its way to California. I dont understand all of the ins/outs but its the cost of trying to do business here i guess.

When I retire I'm going out of state, maybe AZ. Then the first thing to do on my list will be to SBR my rifle and buy a CAN for it.

Iraqgunz
09-11-08, 09:38
Capt. K,

I am somewhat familiar with the whole process. My question though is why could you not purchase a lower and have it shipped to the "dangerous weapons dealer" in California? You could get an upper rather quickly and have all the specs. that are need for the paperwork, barrel length, etc..etc.. So you could simply state that the weapon is a xxxx rifle or carbine (whatever is on the lower) and that you are authorized by your dept. to purchase the weapon for duty use. Regardless of what type of upper is on the weapon, the lower will define what it is.

Having just read something at the DOJ website it states that you must have a written statement from the agency, a personal statement saying that the weapon will not be resold and is for duty use, and a DOJ FD023 Form. Dept. Letterheads must specifiy specific make and model of weapon being authorized. So having read that if the Dept. Letterhead says an LMT carbine then it shouldn't matter what upper is on it. Just my 700 Fils.

No.. I have to have the letterhead when I go to DROS the gun at my dealer. Only a certain dealers are authorized to handle assault rifles and high capacity "law enforcement only" magazines. The ones in our area mostly bring guns into the state via their out of state "home" stores. My gun will first have to travel to this dealers Texas store, before making its way to California. I dont understand all of the ins/outs but its the cost of trying to do business here i guess.

When I retire I'm going out of state, maybe AZ. Then the first thing to do on my list will be to SBR my rifle and buy a CAN for it.

CAPT KIRK
09-27-08, 12:00
Finally got my N4 Lo Profile.... with the wait at just over 7 weeks. Upon close examination I must admitt the wait was well worth it. I have owned just about every type of assault rifle to include 4 other AR's and I must say the fit, finnish and overall quality smokes the rest. My favorite gun, until now, was my Steyr AUG.

A big thankyou to John Noveske for a quality product.

On a side note; I have come to understand that there has been some animosity between the fans of Noveske and Larue. I will also say that I have also done business with Larue and my new Noveske now resides in a Larue case. I have been very impressed with the quality and service of both Noveske and Larue. Hopefully I will one day find myself in the difficult position of deciding between Noveske or Larue for my "sniper" upper.

I also ride both sides of the Eotech vs. Aimpoint fence, all depending on the application.

For those who tend to take sides and squable like 3rd graders, I will close this by saying; the propensity towards narrow mindedness and tunnel vision will get you killed in a fight. Always remember that while one option may be the best for a given circumstance, another may be best in a different scenario.

scottp999
09-27-08, 12:11
Rec'd my N4 light Low Profile upper on the September 25th. Ordered on the website August 30th.

The complete N4 light low pro I purchased earlier this year arrived in a single week.

Stickman
09-27-08, 14:43
Glad to see you got your weapon and that you are good to go.

NoBody
09-27-08, 15:25
Deleted.

Magic Sauce
09-27-08, 16:33
Under one week for a complete rifle....

hk51pdx
09-27-08, 18:38
My order for a Noveske N4 SPR with the Vltor VIS took exactly five weeks, from order date to filing out the state paperwork and taking it home.

Jim

Olav
09-27-08, 21:03
I ordered my 18" SPR Vltor MUR VTAC upper Aug 22nd and am still waiting...

Paulinski
09-28-08, 14:10
I waited just under 6 weeks for 12.5" Crusader Barrel.

Copis
09-28-08, 14:31
was quoted 3 weeks for my N4 LP. Ordered it this past Wed.:D

Bill

mtk
09-28-08, 19:19
They took about 4 weeks for a 16.1" and a 10.5" barrel for me.

Although technically these came through Bedrock Industries, who is Noveske's exclusive left-handed rifle/parts dealer, as both of mine are destined to go on Stag lefty uppers.