PDA

View Full Version : U.T. Affirmative Action Bake Sale

Averageman
10-27-16, 13:34
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/affirmative-action-bake-sale_us_58111afbe4b0390e69ce147c

A conservative student group at the University of Texas at Austin held an “Affirmative Action Bake Sale” on Wednesday, charging different prices based on the race or ethnicity of customers. While the group anticipated some backlash, they probably didn’t expect to be met with over a hundred angry student protesters.
Members of the group said they created the event because they believe it’s racist to factor in race when admitting students to a university, and admissions should be purely merit-based.
”Our protest was designed to highlight the insanity of assigning our lives value based on our race and ethnicity, rather than our talents, work ethic, and intelligence,” YCT-UT Chairman Vidal Castańeda said in a press release. “It is insane that institutional racism, such as affirmative action, continues to allow for universities to judge me by the color of my skin rather than my actions.”

“I think it’s actually crazy and disturbing that anyone would think black people aren’t smart enough to get into UT based on merit, rather only on skin color,” Shad Murray, a black student at UT who was at the protest, said in an interview with The Huffington Post. “For them to make assumptions like that is disgusting and not true.”

Hmmmm, but if your getting preferential treatment on admittance to the university that is based on racial quotas, aren't you making the case for the people you are protesting?

Scrubber3
10-27-16, 14:59
Affirmative action has actually cost me 2 promotions and 1 job. That I know of...

I applaud this group and would love to purchase some baked goods from them.

RazorBurn
10-27-16, 15:06
Affirmative action has actually cost me 2 promotions and 1 job. That I know of...

I applaud this group and would love to purchase some baked goods from them.

Me too. I'm sure they'll be marked as racist extremists and placed on an FBI watchlist. ;)

Firefly
10-27-16, 15:09
I have seen some stupid sons of bitches wrongfully promoted thanks to affirmative action. Once reality sets in, they seek to "delegate" their responsibility. I'm like "Naw, cuz. You a man now. Deal with it."

SteyrAUG
10-27-16, 16:07
Working for an affirmative action supervisor is one of the critical factors that led me to starting my own business.

Racism is bad, unless it's the "preferred racism" and then it isn't racism. Only in our Bizarro world can pointing out "racism" be attacked as racism.

Moose-Knuckle
10-28-16, 04:00
This is awesome.

Consider what we've seen across the nation on campuses these past eight years since Barry from Honolulu came to power.

Just this week UC Berkeley Marxist militant students have blocked white students and faculty from entering campus.

"This Is About Whiteness" UC Berkeley Students Segregate Campus, Block Bridge With Human Wall
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-27/about-whiteness-uc-berkeley-students-segregate-campus-block-bridge-human-wall

At Temple University in Philadelphia a flash mob of over a hundred black teens attacked white students and LEOs.

Mob attacks on Temple students stoke racial tensions
http://nypost.com/2016/10/25/mob-attacks-on-temple-students-stoke-racial-tensions/