PDA

View Full Version : My first DD!

XM15M4Guy
10-28-16, 16:02
Got my first DD rifle today! Liking it very much so far, but have a couple of questions.... One is that the rear take down pin is VERY tight. Had to tap it out a good ways to get it open. Front pin moved under thumb pressure. Is this normal? Also. There is a slight bit of side to side movement between the upper and lower. I know it's normal but has anyone else had this occur on their new DD? Super stoked to get some irons on it and get to the range!

nate89
10-28-16, 16:15
We sell quite a few DD rifles at the store I work for. I have seen the same thing you are noticing in several of them. We have never had functional issues with them because of that, and when you start shooting it, I think you'll find you won't end up taking it apart very often, and it becomes a minor inconvenience more than anything. Side note: which model did you buy? Pics? I think pictures are a requirement if you post about a new gun!

XM15M4Guy
10-28-16, 16:26
Thanks for the reply! I'll have to get pics later as I'm at work.. Got the V7 with the MLOK rail. I sent an email to the Contact us form on the Daniel Defense site yesterday but have not heard back so far.

nate89
10-28-16, 16:36
That's good you were able to get one. We got in a few of them, and haven't been able to get any more since. In my opinion, that is my favorite 16" gun they make, but i'm an MLOK fan.

Nightstalker865
10-28-16, 18:20
It will loosen up some once you get rounds through it. My old DDV5 was the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM15M4Guy
10-28-16, 18:33
It will loosen up some once you get rounds through it. My old DDV5 was the same way.

Thanks! So I should not be worried over the little bit of slop in the upper/lower fit I assume? It's side to side, not up/down and it's very slight.

Nightstalker865
10-28-16, 18:37
Thanks! So I should not be worried over the little bit of slop in the upper/lower fit I assume? It's side to side, not up/down and it's very slight.

Nope, just shoot it and enjoy. You made an excellent choice.

XM15M4Guy
10-28-16, 18:44
Nope, just shoot it and enjoy. You made an excellent choice.

I plan to! Just gotta pick up some BUIS when I can and I'll be GTG.

tplee05
10-28-16, 21:43
Got my first DD rifle today! Liking it very much so far, but have a couple of questions.... One is that the rear take down pin is VERY tight. Had to tap it out a good ways to get it open. Front pin moved under thumb pressure. Is this normal? Also. There is a slight bit of side to side movement between the upper and lower. I know it's normal but has anyone else had this occur on their new DD? Super stoked to get some irons on it and get to the range!
Had to use a blunt object to get mine out first few times. Can get it out now just by hand. I don't have any slop in the upper though. Mine is the new v7, by the way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Choatecav
10-29-16, 19:56
I can share your excitement as I just got my new M4, V7 two weeks ago. I have added a Trijicon ACOG scope and man, oh man, it is a sweet performing weapon. The only thing that I was slightly less than overjoyed with was the mil spec trigger so I ordered a Geissele SSA trigger and dropped that in last week. Now it has a 3.5 lb break and I could not be happier. Wonderful piece of technology.

Mark

XM15M4Guy
10-29-16, 21:49
I can share your excitement as I just got my new M4, V7 two weeks ago. I have added a Trijicon ACOG scope and man, oh man, it is a sweet performing weapon. The only thing that I was slightly less than overjoyed with was the mil spec trigger so I ordered a Geissele SSA trigger and dropped that in last week. Now it has a 3.5 lb break and I could not be happier. Wonderful piece of technology.

Mark

Congrats! Any upper/lower movement? (Sorry... I know I'm just being anal about it)

Choatecav
10-30-16, 08:18
No, there was/is no movement to speak of. But, I did experience the stiff take down pin that you mentioned. I expect it to loosen.

thx,
Mark

XM15M4Guy
11-04-16, 13:24
Another questions if I may Guys....just bought a set of DD irons sights for the new rifle. Since they have the steel locking insert, should I still loctite them? Thanks!

Choatecav
11-04-16, 17:46
Another questions if I may Guys....just bought a set of DD irons sights for the new rifle. Since they have the steel locking insert, should I still loctite them? Thanks!

Personally, I would not.

XM15M4Guy
11-06-16, 20:54
Anyone see the new Robski video on the DDM$v11 vs Vepr ? I was shocked at thr DD rail shifting on the drop test. Got me a bit worried about my new DD v7, even though it has the new MLOK rail where the v11 has the slim rail. Am I just being stupid? (Would not be the first time!) :p