PDA

View Full Version : Talk me in or out of a CZ Scorpion (that would get form 1'd)

tmwtrfwler
10-28-16, 18:51
I have a 5.56 sir and 300 blackout sbr.

I have several 9mm pistols including the P09 suppressor ready CZ that holds 22 rounds

If I buy a scorpion, stock, and stamp i'm looking at around $1,200 - $1,400 depending on where I buy it.

I have a .45 can for my pistols setup for a 9mm

I can buy a good amount of 9mm ammo for $1,200-$1,400.

So why do I want this so bad? Obviously it's fun as crap. But why spend the $.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

glock21xxx
10-28-16, 18:57
I have a 5.56 sir and 300 blackout sbr.

I have several 9mm pistols including the P09 suppressor ready CZ that holds 22 rounds

If I buy a scorpion, stock, and stamp i'm looking at around $1,200 - $1,400 depending on where I buy it.

I have a .45 can for my pistols setup for a 9mm

I can buy a good amount of 9mm ammo for $1,200-$1,400.

So why do I want this so bad? Obviously it's fun as crap. But why spend the $.

Sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it. You got my vote!

I love subguns and some will say its a passing fad - to that, I say "phooey"!

Go tomorrow, buy the Scorpion, file the Form 1 and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

tmwtrfwler
10-28-16, 19:01
Sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it. You got my vote!

I love subguns and some will say its a passing fad - to that, I say "phooey"!

Go tomorrow, buy the Scorpion, file the Form 1 and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

you would be correct. wanted one since it came out. but damnit i can't seem to pull the trigger.

VIP3R 237
10-28-16, 19:37
Do it! Honestly my Scorpion is the most fun firearm I own. Mags are cheap, it's accurate, it suppresses well, and the only complaint users have about the safety digging into your finger is an easy fix with aftermarket selectors.

tmwtrfwler
10-28-16, 19:42
thoughts from this group in the mag cracking issue?

wahoo95
10-28-16, 20:00
Do it. I love mine!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jer
10-28-16, 20:03
Here's a picture of mine that super sucks to hopefully talk you out of it:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/sTTSUa-r_5lluymde2vY4sznptCuioTmndzrdi2p8aX5peHzAO30-Yhx8wv7J_tju2eSIEXMjjhCbw=w1920-h1080-rw-no

SeriousStudent
10-28-16, 20:04
OP, you want it for the same reason I built a suppressed 9mm SBR that takes Glock mags.

Because it's fun as hell, and life is short. Mowing down steel plates with the young 'uns is way, way too much fun.

tmwtrfwler
10-28-16, 20:06
you guys are a huge help. ahahaha I'm dying for a good reason to buy it and thus far, fun, is the reason. hard to argue.

Rayrevolver
10-28-16, 20:13
Do it.

I just did a similar "frivolous" purchase except went old school. Wanted one forever and got a great deal from an M4C member. Too bad I can't SBR it in MD but it works well enough with the brace.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy117/rayrevolver/Public/IMAG1408_zpsuy8hglbu.jpg

extremist
10-28-16, 20:20
Love mine, nothing to talk you out of. Buy it now. Get the mags NOW. It's a fun "Pistol" and much more fun as an SBR.

st381183
10-28-16, 21:47
Just like I told you in the CZ Forum, if you need to be talked into a Scorpion then save your money. You either want one or don't.

nova3930
10-28-16, 23:32
love the crap outta mine.....gonna love it more when my SBR F1 and suppressor for it come in....

Smokin338
10-29-16, 00:20
DON'T DO IT!!!

The damn thing just runs & runs and chews & eats ammo like mad... Once you start you Can't stop ! If you shop smart you can score one for about $725 + $200 SBR kit + $200 stamp = More fun then you know what to do with !

Pappabear
10-29-16, 10:02
I say don't do it. Buy the Sig MPX and get a stamp and throw that can on it.

If I had real coin, I'd pony up for the new MP5 that they call .......whatever they call it. Or the clone of the mp5 that some other company makes that is very legit. KRX or some such company.

Either way, get one of these little puppies.

PB

Joe R.
10-29-16, 15:54
Oh they're just terrible guns. Work great, priced right, plenty of aftermarket support (and still growing), suppress well. Nope I wouldn't buy one...oh wait...42175

SeriousStudent
10-29-16, 15:56
Oh they're just terrible guns. Work great, priced right, plenty of aftermarket support (and still growing), suppress well. Nope I wouldn't buy one...oh wait...42175

Mmmm - that looks very sweet.

I was at Capital Armory last month picking up some cans, and they had one on the wall that was set up similar to yours. It handled very well.

CoryCop25
10-29-16, 18:15
Joe R. talked me into one. It's like a mouse, point and click at steel all day......

tmwtrfwler
10-29-16, 19:36

That picture makes me want to grab one now. Every time i see that I think i'm heading to the store. then i audit my ammo and think I need to invest more in that so I can run the guns I have now...... decisions decisions.

daddyusmaximus
10-30-16, 00:23
Obviously it's fun as crap. But why spend the $.

I think you know why...

extremist
10-30-16, 08:42
In my opinion, having owned an MP5 for 10+ years, and MP5 SBR Clone (Coharie with HK Trigger pack) and a unique HK94/HK93 style rifle (Coharie with HK Trigger pack) for several years, the CZ Scorpion EVO Pistol is superior in these ways:

- Cheaper mags (MUCH cheaper)
- Easier to reload faster
- Locks back when empty
- Integral rail (yeah I know the NEW $2500 HK SP89K has an integral rail, but that's the first)
- Lighter

I have had no regrets with my Scorpion. Once I SBR'd it I love it more. I have the TROS 3-Lug adapter and my TROS Nemesis II works perfect on it.

The MPX is nice, but PRICEY. Mags are expensive.

You can buy 3 Scorpion EVos for the price of one SP89K
You can buy 2 Scorpion Evos for the price of one MPX.

They HK guns have only one advantage if you have money - they can be host guns for a HK Sear so you can have a legal Machine Gun. Can't do that with MPX or Scorpion. But if you have $30K to drop, you already know that :cool:

No brainer. Get the Scorpion. Plus CZ USA is a great company with good support overall.

James

Co-gnARR
10-30-16, 09:02
If you shop smart you can score one for about $725...
Links? Best I've seen is $750ish. Locally they start at $799, if you can find them.

nova3930
10-30-16, 09:40
Links? Best I've seen is $750ish. Locally they start at $799, if you can find them.
just gotta find the right lgs. I paid right at $725 for mine...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Smokin338
10-30-16, 21:47
Links?

Sign up for PSAs daily deals, that's 1 that's been popping up the last couple of weeks !

calvin118
10-30-16, 23:34
I have a Scorpion and a MKE Z5P SBR'd. I prefer the Scorpion all things considered. Factoring in the aftermarket trigger spring and safety I really can't say it is lacking in any way except perhaps drop-free magazines.

SeriousStudent
10-31-16, 00:06

And tonight I just bought a Scorpion and a dozen 30-round mags. Sigh. And a 922R kit is on it's way as well, along with extra mag springs, followers and bases.

Do you folks over on the Dark Side pass out free cookies for new members?

CoryCop25
10-31-16, 01:42
thoughts from this group in the mag cracking issue?

CZ has addressed this issue. The new mags are redesigned and stronger at the feed lips. They went from square to rounded.

jethroUSMC
10-31-16, 05:04
And get gas in the face worse than any suppressed AR. Stupid , similar charging handle to an AR for gas to escape, $50 mags, rather than an MP5 like side charger. Still sort of fun but Sig royally F'd up the final design, it could have been much better.

I say don't do it. Buy the Sig MPX and get a stamp and throw that can on it.

If I had real coin, I'd pony up for the new MP5 that they call .......whatever they call it. Or the clone of the mp5 that some other company makes that is very legit. KRX or some such company.

Either way, get one of these little puppies.

PB

Co-gnARR
10-31-16, 09:49
And tonight I just bought a Scorpion and a dozen 30-round mags. Sigh. And a 922R kit is on it's way as well, along with extra mag springs, followers and bases.

Do you folks over on the Dark Side pass out free cookies for new members?

Are there any comparisons with the factory folder vs the Zhukov? I'm curious about the cheek weld, comfort, overall sturdiness, etc.
And...get some more cookies ready...I too and setting funds aside.

KalashniKEV
10-31-16, 12:30
And get gas in the face worse than any suppressed AR. Stupid , similar charging handle to an AR for gas to escape, $50 mags, rather than an MP5 like side charger. Still sort of fun but Sig royally F'd up the final design, it could have been much better.

Yeah, I was going to post the same, but didn't want to discuss the SIG in here.

MPX really is a sad piece of crap.

Are there any comparisons with the factory folder vs the Zhukov?

Cheek weld is too high on the Zhukov for proper use with the Scorpion.

https://www.rehvarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/c96a280f94e22e3ee3823dd0a1a87606/j/c/jcl_8926.jpg

(Funny enough, it's too high for proper use on an AK too...)

Failure2Stop
10-31-16, 12:44
One of the best firearms purchases I have made.
Completely happy with the cost: performance.
While zeroing mine, the wife dropped 5 into a 1.5" group at 50 yards from the bench (handheld, no support) with garbage 9mm ammo.

Co-gnARR
10-31-16, 12:51
Thanks, Kev. Factory folder it is!

nova3930
10-31-16, 15:53
CZ has addressed this issue. The new mags are redesigned and stronger at the feed lips. They went from square to rounded.

I just had 10 mags delivered today. I hope the PN was correct and they're the improved magazines...

nova3930
10-31-16, 15:54
Are there any comparisons with the factory folder vs the Zhukov? I'm curious about the cheek weld, comfort, overall sturdiness, etc.
And...get some more cookies ready...I too and setting funds aside.

Guys on CZ forum say the Zhukov is a little sturdier. No personal experience since my F1 will get here about 30 minutes after I'm dead....

Brksanman
10-31-16, 17:50
Coming from someone living in a commie state, if I could I would. In a heartbeat. Buy now before they go away, prices are escalating by the minute

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

scooter22
10-31-16, 18:03
Best price online other than GB?

C-grunt
10-31-16, 18:16
My brother in law has a SBR'd pistol with the factory stock. Great gun.

Also CZ gives a great discount to mil and first responders. Contact info is on their website. Significant discount price.

Brksanman
10-31-16, 18:34
Prepper gun shop had the best price last week at $749.99. It has since gone up I believe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mjb
10-31-16, 20:42
Zukhov stock is great but you will need to replace the iron sights with ar15 sights and put the red dot sight at an ar15 height. Vortex sparc AR cowitnesses with Magpul buis with a great cheekweld.

ghostsup
11-03-16, 11:16
What really really sucks is hearing all of you talk about these great prices. Living in Kommiefornia I had to pay $1400 for the long version after tax and the stupid firearm test, plus they rip you off a mag to boot.

contax_shooter
11-03-16, 14:20
It was either this or an MP5 for me and I ultimately went for the MP5.

From an economical standpoint, the Scorpion wins with magazines being significantly cheaper and less maintenance required (MP5 steel magazines rust). The aftermarket support is there with no signs of slowing down. Better ergonomics than the 50+ year old design.

I may simply place an order for the Scorpion, MIL pricing direct from CZ is tempting.

domestique
11-03-16, 19:42
I love my Scorpions. From a purely AR ergo standpoint, I would rather have the MPX. If they made a 45-9mm conversion I would have went that route. I use my Scorpions as purely backyard/steel plate/suppressed fun.... so I'd much rather have 2 SBR'd CZs than 1 MP5 or MPX for the same price point.

*regarding CZ magazines. Do NOT get any lube on them that isn't CZ approved (Ballistol etc.) A guy on the CZ forum ran a test and within 24 hours a loaded CZ magazine self-destructed after coming in contact with Miltec CLP.

tmwtrfwler
11-03-16, 20:27
I finally bit the bullet on one I found at the LGS. Picked up the FDE version, a 922kit, and 5 extra 30 round mags. Will submit a form 1 tomorrow. I already have a KAK pistol tube and sig brace from my 300bo build (used it while my form 1 was in review). Think that leaves me needing the adapter only at this time to put the brace on.

Will be buying more mags in the near future. Thanks for all the input. I'm glad I finally got it.

SeriousStudent
11-03-16, 20:32
I finally bit the bullet on one I found at the LGS. Picked up the FDE version, a 922kit, and 5 extra 30 round mags. Will submit a form 1 tomorrow. I already have a KAK pistol tube and sig brace from my 300bo build (used it while my form 1 was in review). Think that leaves me needing the adapter only at this time to put the brace on.

Will be buying more mags in the near future. Thanks for all the input. I'm glad I finally got it.

I just got an email from CZ. Apparently, they are going to start selling the parts in the 922r kit separately.

Which figures, two days after I buy one. Sigh.

Slvr Surfr
11-04-16, 23:28
I'm gonna have to pile into the buy one group.

I bought mine and didn't even bother shooting it until I got my form 1 stamp back. I bought the side project Zhukov stock for it since I couldn't find any factory stocks for sale. I have no regrets with my purchase. The only part that royally suck are the safeties. The left side is too short to reach without coming off my grip and the right side digs into my index finger when disengaged. These are easily remedied by the aftermarket support.

Sadly, on one company is making replacement grips which surprises me.

I have also run the gun with my .45 Osprey suppressor using a US Machine gun thread adapter, and and it works perfectly.

WynnS
11-10-16, 09:57
I just picked up a FDE version Monday. I went in to my lgs planning on getting a HK P2000 but ended up coming out with the Scorpion, funny how that works sometimes.

I have the adapter and a brace coming in for Christmas. I plan on Form1ing it some time next year until then the brace will suffice.

Just need to decide on which red dot to go with.

TheChunkNorris
11-10-16, 10:42
Was really happy with my decision and Form 1 the Scorpion, it's an older version with the 18x1 TP but SiCo makes an adapter for it so it worked out just fine.