PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over, good story.

Fringe
09-11-08, 10:34
So I was driving to work this morning in my Imola yellow Audi which just screams fast and ticket (I know, but it is a sweet color, got to see it.) Well I have to turn left at a stop sign that is 4 way and closed on the straight due to construction. I am tuning in to my favorite conservative talk host and just due an easy roll through and notice a cop on my left yelling at me to pull over. As I am pulled over I remember that my license is in my BOB in my trunk with 2 ARs and my carry piece. I am hoping to God this guy is cool or trying to figure out a way to conceal the one rifle that is out and jammed to the side and not worried about the other that is in a rectangle bag. As I tell him he then asks me to get out and if there are any weapons in the trunk when I tell him yes, he lights up and asks what. I tell him and then tell him that I was at the range the day before getting ready for a class next month, all true. he tells me to step aside as he opens it and then has me direct him to the pocket of my BOB that has my license. Now he asked if I was a CC holder but did not ask to see it. He immediatly notices the AR jammed to the side next to a tool bag and says how nice it is. I tell him all about it and how I am training and how much I love to shoot. He then has me close the trunk and he goes to the cruiser to check me out. Now I am going crazy because I just got a big ticket memorial weekend and it was lowered so I can do a deferment program and only pay a minimal fee, but I have to keep a clean record for like six months for it to stay. Well he comes out and hands me a warning and tells me he is not going to give a good citizen who is a responsible gun owner and enthusiast a ticket and then he adds that I have not had a ticket since 94!! Oh man. So then he tells me he wants to show me something and directs me to his cruiser trunk where he shows me his RRA varmmiter with Eotech. We start talking guns and mags and I ask him about Pmags and he says he has never heard of them so I tell him to hold on and get in my trunk and grab a Pmag filled with XM193 and tell him its his. He was blown away and supper thankful. I also show him my Noveske with T1 and he was going nuts. Long story short, we end up trading cards and hope to hook up later to shoot some.
LUCKY!!!

30 cal slut
09-11-08, 10:37
loaded PMAG = LEO gratuity. schweeet. :D

Robb Jensen
09-11-08, 10:38
Very cool! :)

Safetyhit
09-11-08, 10:54
Happens all the time, especially here in NJ.

:D

Good deal.

decodeddiesel
09-11-08, 11:20
That is a great story. Awesome!

CDDM416
09-11-08, 11:35
good deal, did you tell him about this site?:D

Fringe
09-11-08, 12:25
I was going to, because I was almost positive he new nothing about it. Put it this way, we were holding up traffic while talking about guns and we finally had to shake hands and part ways. I am sure we could've both stood there and talked forever. It was only a matter of time before we pulled out our guns and cooked a few off in into the fields!

HAMMERDROP
09-11-08, 13:21
If it had been me I would have been asking for help on how to remove an AR from ... well you know the deepest darkest recesses of my mind. LOL
I know a career St Louis Police officer and he gets to stand watch over the St Louis Cardinals when they are home. He stands at the opposite end of the dugout from LaRussa, it warms my heart every time I see him. We grew up next door to each other he came to my Moms funeral but since he graduated from the academy I had become ' little people' to him. At the time rightly so I guess the 'lipstick' would have applied to me back then (seventies) that hurts but it never stops me from finding him outside the Scott Trade Center during Blues games and saying hello !
I am glad you made a friend during your traffic stop, its sounds cool.

Michael

RallySoob
09-11-08, 15:09
thats funny. I was pulled over twice in 2 weeks with the gun collection on board while heading out to the dessert. The cops also just wanted to bs about my gun. One was really interested in the P-Mag and I told him what it was. I'll let magpul sell him one though ;) but I got a speeding ticket both times... Although the cops made us wait at the trunk of the car until they left as they must have feared we could do damage if we wanted to or something. I love the police

Hersh
09-11-08, 16:02
That's a great story!

BigSam
09-11-08, 16:16
My first LEO encounter here in GA. after moving from NJ was with a SO on rt 75 south of Atlanta. Once he got me stopped and asked for my creds. we spoke a little about what I do (Collections, and I am on the road a lot). I asked him about registering my firearms in GA. and he looked at me as though I was an alien:confused:. He informed me that there was no requirement and that since I spent so much time on the road it was a good idea to bring along a weapon (in full display in the vehicle) for protection. Now it was my turn to be floored:confused:. Being from NJ, I never thought a police officer (outside of a friend) would put out this information. And to boot he even advised me on getting my carry permit.

Thanks Officer Jones:cool:

Sam.

28_days
09-11-08, 21:39
That's an awesome story! It'd be pretty cool if you two became friends and started having "range dates". :D

NickB
09-11-08, 22:00
Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll replace the PMAG. Let me know what color and if it was windowed or non-windowed.

RogerinTPA
09-11-08, 22:01
Very cool story...;)

Heavy Metal
09-11-08, 22:58
I like this story!:D

cody0341
09-11-08, 23:23
wait did you say NJ? Where in NJ are you from?

Happens all the time, especially here in NJ.

:D

Good deal.

McQ68
09-11-08, 23:28
Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll replace the PMAG. Let me know what color and if it was windowed or non-windowed.
Now, that is also cool. Excellent support here. Gun parts manufacturer in Boulder CO, isn't that some type of oxymoron? (Used to live in Denver):cool:

NickB
09-11-08, 23:32
Now, that is also cool. Excellent support here. Gun parts manufacturer in Boulder CO, isn't that some type of oxymoron? (Used to live in Denver):cool:

I open carry into Boulder coffee shops on a regular basis. The employees and regulars are comfortable with it now. They know me as "the gun guy." :D

McQ68
09-11-08, 23:45
I open carry into Boulder coffee shops on a regular basis. The employees and regulars are comfortable with it now. They know me as "the gun guy." :D
I'm picturing a guy walking into a coffee shop, carrying an AR tricked out with every MagPul accessory made. I wouldn't say a word to the guy either. They're comfortable with it "now". Pretty cool Nick.;)

NickB
09-11-08, 23:57
I'm picturing a guy walking into a coffee shop, carrying an AR tricked out with every MagPul accessory made. I wouldn't say a word to the guy either. They're comfortable with it "now". Pretty cool Nick.;)

Slinging up an AR is a bit different than a Glock on my hip, but they do tolerate gun parts on the table from time to time when I'm working from the coffee shop. One guy even gave me a 33 round Glock magazine that he found in his apartment when he moved in. :p

lonewolf21
09-12-08, 00:32
that confirms it, were not all bad. i dont know how many times ive sat on the side of the road and bs'd with gun owners. it always makes me laugh when ccw people ask if i want to see their creds. i just laugh and say, "hell no", "i want to see your gun. then, "look dude, you need to upgrade"lol. thanks for posting that.

Fringe
09-12-08, 09:47
WOW!
I guess what goes around comes around, thanks Nick!

I have been in a really good mood ever since this happened. I have NEVER had a good encounter with Cops outside of campus while at college when we used to have them come and pick us up at parties and act like they were arresting us and put us in cuffs and all that.

I would love for this to be a new friend with whom I shoot with in the future. This is what I love about life, meeting good people and just making new friends, especially other gun owners!
I will probably call him in the next few weeks to see if he wants to head to my range at the Conservation League I belong to which is private. I asked about his Police range and he said it was even hard for him to get his family in with him and how he had to fill out a bunch of paper work and all.
I was due for this encounter.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I spotted a penny on the side of the road that was beat to hell. I picked it up and it has since become lucky.

Safetyhit
09-12-08, 11:52
wait did you say NJ? Where in NJ are you from?

South/Central Jersey 20 min east of Philly. Send a PM if you need to talk further.