PDA

View Full Version : I am looking a list of SBR Engravers in NC

Lawdog-1
10-29-16, 15:00
I am looking a SBR Engravers in NC. I would like to find one near Greenville, NC. I have a couple of M4 Lowers and one M16A1 clone lower that I need my Trust Name Engraved on them.

BigWaylon
10-29-16, 16:09
Personally, the search could start and end with Tar Heel State Firearms. They do them every day, for items shipped from all over the country. $30 for basic engraving. Ship it to them however you choose, and they'll ship the whole order back for a flat $15 (knowing they make a couple bucks on some order and lose on others).

There have been multiple threads on various forums with feedback, and here (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_51/459055_THSF_engraving.html) is a current one on ARFCOM.

john armond
10-29-16, 16:26
Not really near you, but if you ever get to Raleigh, Morts Trophies in downtown can do it while you wait. Cost was $20 every time I had it done. Wait was 15-20 minutes depending on how busy they were. He does it on an OLD manual engraver, but is comes out nice with everything even. He sets up the larger engraving plates and traces them, and the engraver arms transfer his strokes to your lower in reduced print. He then touches up the aluminum with some chemical to make the engraved portion match the black lower. He even had me back in the room with him every time to make sure the lettering was what I wanted.

Slippers
10-29-16, 19:06
Another positive experience with tar heel state firearms as well. They do an excellent job, and turn it around in a day.

JoshNC
10-29-16, 19:56
Tarheel state is fantastic. I've also used Mort's, but it was for a SIG 552 (steel receiver). The pantograph engraver can sometimes cause chipping on an anodized aluminum surface. Tarheel state uses a laser. Both are great to deal with. Both did my engraving while I waited. For anodized aluminum I would go with Tarheel.

drtywk
10-29-16, 21:43
Tarheel State is top tier and their service is outstanding. I am getting ready to ship them another AR lower for engraving.

Hero
10-30-16, 03:51
I did two lowers this year with Tarheel State. I will look nowhere else next time I need engraving.

Lawdog-1
10-30-16, 19:41
OK, you sold me. But. it is 276.4 miles from my house. I was they were in driving distance. it is cheaper to send it to them though the USPS.

BigWaylon
10-30-16, 20:53
OK, you sold me. But. it is 276.4 miles from my house. I was they were in driving distance. it is cheaper to send it to them though the USPS.

Can't say I'd do it, but he has several customers that drive from the coast and pick up cans or get engraving done.

I'd definitely ship it if I was you, unless you want to fondle some suppressors while you wait. :D