PDA

View Full Version : Review: Central Intelligence

WillBrink
10-30-16, 08:36
I went into this one with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. There's some funny dialogue, Johnson and Hart have some good chemistry, and there's a few genuine LOL moments. As expected, action is corny and goofy, plot is predictable, and the movie goes into some bizarre directions (especially toward the end) with heavy handed attempts to let us know bullying is bad, be yourself, etc. Some light hearted good fun was had, but a total suspension of disbelief is required to enjoy it. You can see they had fun making this silly movie and much if it was ad lib which seems to carry over into the movie itself well. C+/B-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMZviyljUI

firefighter37
10-30-16, 19:52
I liked that the Rock played so out of character... the unicorn t shirt killed me.

WillBrink
10-31-16, 07:46
I liked that the Rock played so out of character... the unicorn t shirt killed me.

The Rock played the part to the hilt I thought and was funny doing it.

uffdaphil
10-31-16, 11:34
The Jason Bateman office scene was hilarious. I've been a fan of the Rock's comic talents ever since The Rundown.

WillBrink
10-31-16, 13:06
The Jason Bateman office scene was hilarious. I've been a fan of the Rock's comic talents ever since The Rundown.

The therapy session showed me he has legit comic talent. The entire bit was quite funny. I wish they had at least made an attempt to tighten up on the action sequences, which would have made it a better movie overall.