PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Seekins Precision DBM into a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD

KC_in_Bama
11-06-16, 21:22
I wanted to reach our to the forum and ask if anyone has experience in installing a Seekins Precision short-action DBM into the gillie-green stock of the Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD. I want to keep and use the stock as-is, I really like it, and really have no plans on changing out the stock. Thanks!

Jwknutson17
11-08-16, 08:03
I wanted to reach our to the forum and ask if anyone has experience in installing a Seekins Precision short-action DBM into the gillie-green stock of the Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD. I want to keep and use the stock as-is, I really like it, and really have no plans on changing out the stock. Thanks!

I did this on a long action XCR LRT rem 700. I had to take it to Mile High Shooting for them to inlet. When using the AI metal mags, the seekins is pretty loose and the mag has some excess movement in my opinion. I sent it back to seekins and it was in "spec" so they sent it back. At that time Magpul had not come out with their bottom metal yet. I purchased a magpul bottom metal for a rem 700 sendero a month ago, and the thing is awesome. Mags are great, they fit tight, and have no play. I wish I had one in my XCR LRT rifle over the seekins thats in it now.

If it was me, I would sell the seekins, save the cost of the inlet, and go for the magpul. I would do this 100 times over, just for the cost, the mags, and the fit.

darr3239
11-08-16, 10:39
I purchased a magpul bottom metal for a rem 700 sendero

I only see Magpul dbms for their own Hunter stock, on their site. Am I missing something?

Jwknutson17
11-08-16, 13:46
I only see Magpul dbms for their own Hunter stock, on their site. Am I missing something?

It fits right into the factory bottom location on Rem 700s. Well its about 99.99 percent fit. I had to touch up a small spot where it hit. 2 minutes later, done.

This is on a 7mm mag