PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

burr527
11-07-16, 16:24
Recently purchased an ARES (FIGHTLITE) SCR Gen 2. I'm looking to install the ARES Gas Piston on it and am trying to find a free float handguard to fit over it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

GH41
11-07-16, 17:01
Prepare for some love to come your way.

F-Trooper05
11-07-16, 18:25
F**k yeah! Pistons make AR's unstoppable. You should get a DPMS handguard on eBay.

Uprange41
11-07-16, 18:38
Some of MI's two-piece FF rails supposedly work with pistons. Email them and see if they make something that'll fit yours.

dylank0723
11-07-16, 18:59
dude, stick with DI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickman
11-07-16, 19:06
Recently purchased an ARES (FIGHTLITE) SCR Gen 2. I'm looking to install the ARES Gas Piston on it and am trying to find a free float handguard to fit over it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

The system runs fine without a piston, did you talk to them before you decided to do this?

556BlackRifle
11-07-16, 20:52
burr527, I have no idea what kind of clearance is needed under the handguard for your piston system. I would go to the manufacturer and ask them what they'd recommend. Also, something else to consider is that many free float handguards will require that the original barrel nut be removed and replaced with a proprietary barrel nut. If you're not comfortable with performing that in-depth of a modification, you might be better off just to leaving it as a DI weapon. Or you could locate a competent gunsmith and have him do the work for a boat load of money..... Good luck.