PDA

View Full Version : Handguard Decision

spatula
11-08-16, 11:54
Need some help deciding between the following two handguards. Ordering a SOLGW upper. All things are the same (BCG/Barrell,etc) just can't decide between the two hand guards.
Top one is the SOLO MLOK, bottom is the EXO. EXO is a few bucks cheaper but looks more rugged to me. Weights is only a few ounces lighter on the SOLO. Appreciate any words you all could offer.

sinister
11-08-16, 12:14
If you have absolutely no real requirement for a light or laser go with simpler and cleaner.

Occam's Razor -- usually the simplest solution is the best.

spatula
11-08-16, 12:18
Makes sense, and the direct I was leaning. I'll add an optic down the road but aside from that, no requirement for laser/light.

I appreciate your comment/time.

Stickman
11-08-16, 13:18
You might also want to take a look at the Centurion Arms CMR. Awesome rail, and since it is done in house, the price is pretty awesome as well.

Furbyballer
11-08-16, 13:26
As a SLR Solo M Lok owner I can tell you its a sweet rail. Its very slim, comfortable in the hand, has a ton of mounting options, and its light. Im very happy with mine.

The CMR is also a great rail, but as I understand it the OP is looking for a complete upper build from SOLGWs, and they don't offer the CMR as an option as of yet. Still a great choice though OP.

rexster314
11-08-16, 15:22
I had SOLGW build a rifle for me while at their shop on Saturday. I got the Solo rail system and like it a lot.