PDA

View Full Version : MP 15-22 issues ??

223to45
11-08-16, 14:50
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/15/breaking-sw-mp-1522-rifles-banned-appleseed-events-due-run-away-battery-firing/

Recently my local Speed Steel match ban the usage.
Apparently Appleseed has banned the use of the MP 15-22 Due to running away, firing out of battery, firing with safety on, firing upon releasing of trigger.

Does any one have any more info.

My nephew has one, so just trying to get info, nothing on S&W site.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CrazyFingers
11-08-16, 15:48
It appears there is only one confirmed story of a M&P 15-22 going full auto, and this was after an Appleseed RSO "worked on" a shooter's rifle and broke something. (http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/489343-appears-theres-problem-15-22-a.html)

Mine has never been anything but boringly reliable.

HardToHandle
11-08-16, 17:29
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/15/breaking-sw-mp-1522-rifles-banned-appleseed-events-due-run-away-battery-firing/

Recently my local Speed Steel match ban the usage.
Apparently Appleseed has banned the use of the MP 15-22 Due to running away, firing out of battery, firing with safety on, firing upon releasing of trigger.

Does any one have any more info.

My nephew has one, so just trying to get info, nothing on S&W site.

Pages upon pages of drama on the S&W Forum on this issue. Some smoke but not much fire.

I have a 15-22 as have buddies and we have seen some issues, including a firing out of battery. We are talking about .22s here, which have a tendency to be a bit wonky. I have not seen any issues with the fire control group personally in a 15-22. YMMV.

rapomstage3
11-08-16, 17:36
Mines been great. I don't clean it very often and run it suppressed.

jandbj
11-08-16, 18:15
Mines been great. I don't clean it very often and run it suppressed.
Ditto

223to45
11-08-16, 18:18
It appears there is only one confirmed story of a M&P 15-22 going full auto, and this was after an Appleseed RSO "worked on" a shooter's rifle and broke something. (http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/489343-appears-theres-problem-15-22-a.html)

Yeah I seen that very few cases, and tried finding more didn't really find anything. I forget about the S&W forums, never hang out there.

That why I wanted to ask here just to see if there were more known issues.

Ohsheepdog01
11-08-16, 18:21
Thousands of rounds thru mine, including over 800 in one session... Never a non-ammo related issue.

fallenromeo
11-08-16, 18:38
I have about 20,000 rounds through mine over the past couple years. Only issue I ever had was using crap ammo when I first got it and didn't know any better. As soon as I switched to copper plated ammo, never an issue again. In fact, I think it has gotten more reliable as the years have gone by

RHINOWSO
11-08-16, 21:09

Yup, same here. Maybe they had a bad batch or something?

223to45
11-08-16, 21:11
nice to hear nobody here having any issues.

PrarieDog
11-08-16, 23:51
Only issue I ever had with the trigger is when I changed it out for a RRA trigger. Swapped the factory trigger back in and problem went away.

BGREID
11-09-16, 08:13
I bought one last week and have had many stovepipes and misfires, the misfires seem to be an ammo issue because there are good firing pin hits.

Wake27
11-09-16, 08:37
I bought one last week and have had many stovepipes and misfires, the misfires seem to be an ammo issue because there are good firing pin hits.

Pretty much all .22s are picky about ammo. Make sure you use the recommended brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSiWRX
11-09-16, 09:40
n of 1 here, so YMMV.

I haven't had any OOB issues (yet). I bought one for my daughter as a step-up from her CZ452 and as a bridge to a full-caliber AR. We plan on attending Appleseed in the next two years or so, so I've been tracking this one, and much like HardTohandle, I haven't seen much substantial information about it, nor reported "fixes."

The issues I've had with mine are mainly FTFeeds, with occasional FTEject (occasionally FTExtract). The latter was resolved by tweaking the ejector (and I've got an aftermarket extractor coming, as a "just-in-case"). The FTFeeds were due to ammo. Mine does not like Federal "325" 40 gr. Lead RN. It does well with virtually all other ammo (Aguila Super Extra 40 gr. Copper Coated RN, Winchester M-22, Federal "525" Copper Plated HP, various plated/coated CCI, and Federal's Match/UltraMatch).

I don't clean mine often ( er....at all? :p ), either.

akpls
11-09-16, 09:50
I have one....my daughter has one. Thousands of rounds through them without a problem.