PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Daniel Defense A1.5 and received an empty box..anyone else have this happen?

Arch
11-09-16, 15:47
Last week I placed an order with an online retailer for:

(3 sets) MagPul M-Lok Handguards
(1) BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
(3) Daniel Defense A1.5 Rear Sights

The order was delivered last night. I sent the company a note saying the package had arrived. I opened the box and inspected the items as we were watching the election results, and I found that one of the Daniel Defense A1.5 boxes was empty. It had the foam, but it didn't have the sight. Ordinarily, I would think this was a case of the retailer accidentally shipping the box for an in-shop display unit (or similar), but noted the empty box didn't have the "packaged by Daniel Defense" stamp in it...

http://i67.tinypic.com/21jzyw2.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/5wyvf5.jpg

I sent the retailer a couple of emails, one of which included the picture of the non-stamped / empty box. He wrote back and said:

"Hello,
Our apologies for the issue with your order. We will work on a solution and inform you of any updates".

I'm not accusing the retailer of any impropriety. In fact, I think DD sent him an empty box. The sight weighs so little it is nearly impossible to "feel" a difference between the empty box and a full one.

My question here is ...
Does the lack of a stamp meany it was probably an empty box? I don't want the retailer to be out the money if they didn't lose the sight.

t15
11-09-16, 17:38
Everyone makes mistakes, it would be up to the retailer to chase Daniel defense. If it was my money I'd be checking once a week with them until a shipping confirmation is sent.

SomeOtherGuy
11-09-16, 19:40
My question here is ...
Does the lack of a stamp meany it was probably an empty box? I don't want the retailer to be out the money if they didn't lose the sight.

Who knows. You were honest, you deserve the sights you paid for. Retailer should furnish it. Retailer can take it up with Daniel Defense if they believe DD made the mistake. DD is a stand-up company and will fix it if they think there's a chance that they made the mistake. But that's not your problem - your deal is with the retailer.

MistWolf
11-09-16, 20:25
Contact the vendor and give them the chance to make it right

Kenneth
11-09-16, 20:36
It's under the foam...

lol I have had that happen before. I got an empty Amazon box one time and was damn this is too light. Yea it was empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iraqgunz
11-09-16, 21:33
Contact the vendor as per the site rules and address it. Once you have a resolution let us know.