PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SSA reset noise?

OdinIII
11-10-16, 21:32
I've become accustomed to the sound of a mil-spec trigger's sound when it slips from the disconnecter. The strong click helps me know when to begin pressing again during rapid fire. Years ago I had a RRA two stage and didn't care for the fact that I could hardly tell when it reset. How does the SSA compare to a standard mil-spec trigger in terms of sound during the reset portion of the trigger function?

markm
11-11-16, 05:36
It's very good. I shoot Pappabear's all the time. The reset is about like a USGI as far as sound goes.

cbx
11-11-16, 08:07
Audible, and easily felt.

Furbyballer
11-11-16, 08:11
Audible, and easily felt.

This sums it up nicely. Definitely has a nice thunk to it.

Beat Trash
11-11-16, 08:44
As others have stated, it's audible, and it's consistent. I wait for them to go on sale, but all of my guns that are used either for work or for defense by any member of my family have SSA triggers in them. Worth every penny spent.

Jwknutson17
11-11-16, 08:56
Very easily felt and heard. I think it has more of a cleaner crisper TICK then USGI triggers. But you won't have an issue feeing or hearing the reset.

HKGuns
11-11-16, 10:33
Here is a video of the SSA-E. You can hear the resets pretty clearly and the SSA is quite similar.

https://youtu.be/qB7tlWEwous

MistWolf
11-11-16, 11:27
If you can hear or feel the reset, you're shooting too slow

OdinIII
11-11-16, 11:45
I'm definitely not fast by some standards but I do enjoy trying to be.

GTF425
11-11-16, 13:32
I've become accustomed to the sound of a mil-spec trigger's sound when it slips from the disconnecter. The strong click helps me know when to begin pressing again during rapid fire. Years ago I had a RRA two stage and didn't care for the fact that I could hardly tell when it reset. How does the SSA compare to a standard mil-spec trigger in terms of sound during the reset portion of the trigger function?

I just took these back to back. First rifle is a Colt trigger from a 6920, the second is a Geissele SSA.

Both are easily heard and felt.

https://youtu.be/CzrcwnP2AUg

HKGuns
11-11-16, 14:05

Nope, that is 100% situational.

markm
11-11-16, 15:10

Shooting groups/testing ammo is where we really get an appreciation for reset. And long range shooting too...

elephantrider
11-11-16, 16:09
Very easily felt and heard. I think it has more of a cleaner crisper TICK then USGI triggers. But you won't have an issue feeing or hearing the reset.

^^ This, AND I will add that the SSA is a shorter, cleaner reset, with more distinct 'click' compare to the USGI style trigger. The USGI might be a bit louder, but it is more of a mushy 'thud' in feel and sound. The feel of the SSA is worth it IMO.

OdinIII
11-11-16, 18:40
I'm assuming the SSA-E is identical in reset sound? I'm used to light triggers in bolt guns and may opt for the SSA-E.

HKGuns
11-11-16, 18:44
Pretty close, I have both triggers and prefer the SSA-E. it breaks more crisply than the SSA.