PDA

View Full Version : PNT compared to ACT?

Hamms
11-13-16, 17:37
I'm putting together four more AR's for the rest of the family, nothing fancy just 16" middy's on standard lowers. I've got several ACT triggers and like them a lot for the price, but I see that BCM has a complete LPK with grip, trigger guard, and PNT trigger. If anyone has used both, how does the PNT compare to the ACT trigger? I'm not interested in any higher end triggers, these are just for range use and "mechanically separated feces" duty but they have to be reliable. Thanks.

Ryno12
11-13-16, 18:03
I've been spending a lot of time with the PNT & as much as I want to like it, I have to say I much prefer the ACT more.
The PNT's pull feels too long to me. It's smooth but long. The ACT just seems to have a clean break.

rapomstage3
11-13-16, 18:14
Both have been good for me. I prefer the pnt. I had one bad alg. By bad I mean defective. I do not hold it against them.

jhr1986
11-13-16, 18:19
Mine feel pretty much the same. What I mean by that is when actually shooting I can tell no difference, when sitting around the house dry firing and pulling the trigger as slowly as possible you may discern a difference. For practical purposes there is not a difference between them that matters.

Buy the one you can get the best deal on. Alg has decent sales often enough, and if you need LPKs the BCM kit with their trigger guard, grip and the PNT is a great deal.

556BlackRifle
11-13-16, 18:36
In my experience, I like the ACT better. Smoother and crisper break with very little if any over travel. The PNT is head and shoulders above a mil-spec trigger and if you have one, you will shoot better with it - but when comparing the two, the edge goes to the ACT.

I'm working on a build right now using the Sionics trigger. (Also using the Sionics BCG & LPK. Visually I'm very impressed with all three.) I haven't shot it yet but in my view the Sionics trigger is also worth your consideration.

nova3930
11-13-16, 19:37
Ive got both and don't see much difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Stickman
11-13-16, 21:26
Ive got both and don't see much difference

I have a few of each, and they all work and feel quite similar. Sure each trigger has its own slightly unique feel when felt side by side, but not enough to find large difference from my own sampling.

nova3930
11-13-16, 21:42
I have a few of each, and they all work and feel quite similar. Sure each trigger has its own slightly unique feel when felt side by side, but not enough to find large difference from my own sampling.
Thinking about it a bit that should be expected. Between them all its a similar process of polishing a gi trigger then putting similar coatings on. Each one should be roughly similar but still have it's own character

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ryno12
11-13-16, 21:50
My PNT must be an oddball, cause I can tell a big difference between the two.

Kdubya
11-13-16, 22:28
It sounds as though you already have the ACT triggers on hand. If that's the case, I'd say just run with those if you've got enough for each of the builds. It's not a lot of money for either option, but I'm sure it could be used towards parts you actually need for the projects.

Hamms
11-13-16, 23:01
The three ACT triggers I have are installed in rifles already. I had a stock GI trigger that was gritty has hell so I swapped it for an ACT and liked it so much I swapped all the triggers, so I'm kinda leery of switching to a different trigger brand, even though the PNT would cost less in the long run.

G&R has Colt LPK w/ ACT for $125, or BCM LPK w/ grip and PNT for $100.
I would still need to source the BAD-CASS selectors independently either way.

zackmars
11-14-16, 11:50
In my experience, all the "enhanced" triggers feel the same, PNT, ACT, Spikes, SIONICS...