PDA

View Full Version : Seems Trump is already waffling on the ACA and on deportation...

Skyyr
11-14-16, 10:16
Think he'll hold true on his 2A views?

glocktogo
11-14-16, 10:23
He has a 100 day plan. Let's see how much of it he accomplishes.

Alex V
11-14-16, 10:29
He stated that he would keep the pre-existing conditions and 26yo w/parents plan portions of the plans during the campaign. Also, those parts are already in the legislation the Rep. proposed to replace the ACA.

Have not heard what he said different about deportations. Plus, deportations cost $. As much as I would love to see it, I voted for him not expecting this to really happen.

horseman234
11-14-16, 10:40
He said his supreme court nominee would be pro life and be a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment. I never thought he would deport all illegals. I'll be happy if he deports the criminals, and gives the others work permits, but no welfare.

Firefly
11-14-16, 10:50
A lot of clickbait is going around, not unintentionally, that he is just going 6 gears in reverse.

Newp. He's said the same things now he said during the debates. He is merely being more magnanimous and metered.

CrazyFingers
11-14-16, 10:56
"Hey Donald, if we move these goalposts 3 inches at a time, you think anybody will notice?"

Hmac
11-14-16, 11:06
Who ever thought he'd be able to deport all illegal aliens? No possible way that was ever going to happen.

What he DID say was that he would be deporting illegal alien criminals. Two, maybe three million. Speaker Ryan, however, did not seem quite so acquiescent about mass deportations of any kind. Yet.

Firefly
11-14-16, 11:08
Can we keep our panties on and let the man at least get inaugurated first?

He hasn't even pulled a stunt like this yet:

https://lukeamerica2020.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/obama_press_conference_with_seal.jpg

fledge
11-14-16, 11:57
And why will Big Press stop propagandizing "news" after the election? Expect this as long as radical progressives are not in office.

SteyrAUG
11-14-16, 12:03
He has a 100 day plan. Let's see how much of it he accomplishes.

And we should wait until he's actually in office before we start assuming we know what he is thinking.

SteyrAUG
11-14-16, 12:07
"Hey Donald, if we move these goalposts 3 inches at a time, you think anybody will notice?"

You are right. He should say "My first day in office I'm going to round them up, put them in camps and deport them en massed past the giant wall I'm going to build on day one."

That way the Democrats and half the other country will be waiting, with a plan and a resolve to stop him at all costs.

He should adopt a scorched earth policy with EVERYTHING and announce it well ahead of even being sworn in. Because that is what an effective President would do.

Big A
11-14-16, 12:08
Can we keep our panties on and let the man at least get inaugurated first?

He hasn't even pulled a stunt like this yet:

https://lukeamerica2020.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/obama_press_conference_with_seal.jpg

This. So much this. All of this and this too.

For ****s sake people.

glocktogo
11-14-16, 12:17
And why will Big Press stop propagandizing "news" after the election? Expect this as long as news is a for profit business.

FIFY.

HKGuns
11-14-16, 12:24

Please don't be an idiot.

Todd.K
11-14-16, 12:25
1. Just make E-Varify mandatory, with a significant penalty for the employer.

2. Focus on deporting criminal aliens, regardless of legal status.

3. Get the border under control.

Think about what will have a lasting effect with the least personal sob story response.

sevenhelmet
11-14-16, 13:15
He said a lot of outrageous things during the campaign, but I view that as the start of a negotiation. You don't start negotiating with potentially hostile rivals by saying what you'll settle for. You rattle their cage and let them know you're serious.

Whatever happens in the WH and Capitol next, it certainly won't be about safe spaces, micro-aggresions, and "you didn't build that". That's got to be an improvement, at least.

williejc
11-14-16, 14:01
Every tool of the Democratic Party is set to attack every Trump announcement, every appointment, and every decision. My opinion is that his team must filter comments and not tell all their business. I fear that the other side might totally paralyze his efforts. Browse through the long list of Clinton Foundation donors. How many of these are tools of the D party? How many people associated with these organizations will actively oppose him or acquiesce in civil unrest that's sure to follow. Civil unrest can become anarchy. I fear that certain organizations and the media will encourage and incite it. The good man is already extremely controversial, and for this reason, he needs to vet his appointments to screen out those whose reputation and judgment might embarrass him later. Washington insiders friendly to Trump can assist.

Honu
11-14-16, 14:09
and we know every news source is going to taint what is said

the current he is not prepared he did not realize he has to hire white house staff but obama said the republicans need more hand holding than he thought !!!!
but obama will come to the rescue :)

its going to be a very very very messy news time for as long as he is in and I will only believe what comes out of his ps and his mouth and the actions and follow up

djegators
11-14-16, 14:14
Not even a week from the election and people are already forgetting how corrupt the media is?

ST911
11-14-16, 14:21
There are existing threads for all of this. Closed for redundancy.