PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on QD swivel sling mount

voiceofreason
11-14-16, 11:18
This is a clamp/bolt onto the buffer tube QD swivel mount I'm looking for. Don't want to bother with changing the endplate as it may be for different ARs.

I know Pat Rogers recommends the TangoDown PR4

Daniel Defense has the lightweight EZ carbine swivel attachment point

Troy Industries has the Professional Grade Adapter

has anyone use any or all of these?

thoughts? opinions?

mark5pt56
11-14-16, 11:24
I have used the TD, DD and the MI (clip and QD on MI) for countless hours on the range and never had one loosen, break or let loose the swivel. I have been using the BCM end plate lately. The mentioned ones are great and intended for users not wanting or are not permitted to take apart issued weapons.

Jellybean
11-14-16, 11:25
Is there a reason you want one that attaches to the buffer tube?

HKGuns
11-14-16, 12:38
I have used the TD, DD and the MI (clip and QD on MI) for countless hours on the range and never had one loosen, break or let loose the swivel. I have been using the BCM end plate lately. The mentioned ones are great and intended for users not wanting or are not permitted to take apart issued weapons.

Same here.

drtywk
11-14-16, 12:41
PR4. I have used them on issue weapons when we could not modify them and they work as advertised. I have not used the others, because this is what Pat recommended to me and it is what I used. I don't use them any more, but if I had a rifle/carbine that I could not modify, I would use them again.

voiceofreason
11-14-16, 12:59
this the MI one? it looks significantly lighter and is cheaper than the TD & Troy options… though a carbine isn't THAT heavy...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/738679/midwest-industries-rear-sling-mount-adapter-with-quick-detach-sling-swivel-attachment-point-ar-15-carbine-aluminum-matte

hopefully will pick up a DD one someone PMed me about

GH41
11-14-16, 15:37
Is there a reason you want one that attaches to the buffer tube?

I had a Troy and didn't care for using that position for a 2 point sling at all. I prefer the rear point on the stock near the butt and the front 2-3" forward of the receiver. The OP already answered your question. He doesn't want to fool with the end plate.