PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead: "Make me a bullet"

BallisticHarmony
11-15-16, 14:20
If you caught The Walking Dead this last Sunday, you may have noticed that a Desert Eagle was fired once during the episode, and the casing was later recovered. Rosita was also able to recover a Beretta M9 variant in the woods, and at the end of the episode she is apparently asking Eugene to make her a workable cartridge with the Desert Eagle brass.

Couple issues with that.

As far as I know, Magnum Research only makes Desert Eagles in .357 Mag, .44 Mag and .50 AE. And as far as I know, no M9 variants or copies fire magnum calibers. She would then be requiring the case to be necked down to accommodate the 9mm chamber of the Beretta.

Did anyone else find this interesting? Wouldn't this only be possible if the Deagle was .357?

Jakashh
11-15-16, 15:03
357, if that's what it was, is also a rimmed cartridge.

Hmac
11-15-16, 15:12
Are we expecting firearms product accuracy on a television show?

BallisticHarmony
11-15-16, 15:15
I just thought it was interesting and worth noting. And I also would have assumed that if they were gonna have a major plot point revolve around a bullet, they would have at least made the guns compatible.

bp7178
11-15-16, 15:58
I doubt anyone on the show really knows anything about guns. Its pretty obvious most of the firearms are airsoft/replicas and most of the effects are done post production.

MegademiC
11-15-16, 20:13
Good luck turning it rimless, or getting the M9 to accept the rim... but...

If you want 1 shot, you may be able to shave the rim off, and remove extractor and make it work if it's 357... just a thought.

markm
11-15-16, 20:56

I'm trying to get my glocks to make that hammer cocking noise that they get on all the TV shows!!!

pinzgauer
11-16-16, 06:39
All the shooting done inside the walls of Alexandria and there has to be some 9 brass laying around

Jellybean
11-16-16, 11:24
I doubt anyone on the show really knows anything about guns. Its pretty obvious most of the firearms are airsoft/replicas and most of the effects are done post production.

All this.
I used to watch this show, and long around end of season 2, or somewhere during season 3, there was a "talking dead" episode that went behind the scenes for some of the gun stuff. If you'd have watched some of the show producers, and other folks involved talking about and interacting with the guns.... you'd totally understand.

joedirt199
11-17-16, 05:55
If they would quit shooting everything in full auto they would have all kinds of ammo left

bp7178
11-17-16, 12:16
Ammo aside, I can't believe they still have gas and diesel fuel.

jpmuscle
11-17-16, 13:03
If they would quit shooting everything in full auto they would have all kinds of ammo left
#meleefordaysistheanswer

Averageman
11-17-16, 13:10
It would be easier to find a cartridge and build a zip gun.

bigedp51
11-17-16, 16:50
Just make friends with the zombies and offer them better medical benefits than Obamacare and you won't need any ammo. :sarcastic:

sevenhelmet
11-17-16, 18:52

This x1,000. I figured there'd be a lot more people on bicycles now. Beats walking your broke-dick chopper* down the road. Horses kind of make sense, but bicycles are cheap, plentiful, and easy to repair or kludge together. Since they require no fuel and save calories over walking, it makes sense to me. But I guess they're not manly enough for the walking dead.

*that you broke being a dumbass after you stole it from Daryl

jaholder
11-17-16, 23:20

Well Negan just took half of whatever they had left and used it to burn their mattresses.

I'm really liking this guy!

joedirt199
11-18-16, 06:54
Kinda gave up on TWD. Watched the start of this season to see who got clubbed then kinda fell off. The plot twists based on stupidity were getting annoying. Carol was the only one with balls. Kinda hoped carl got clubbed as he gets on my nerves. Not shooting the wolf guy who only had a knife because he had the dr. held hostage, come on. Morgan needs to get off his budha kick and put a spear on that walking stick. Series seems to be dragging on with no good direction to end up. They just keep running into new leaders who we then spend the rest of the season trying to figure them out.

JusticeM4
11-18-16, 09:35

Ammo is no longer produced or sold in stores in this show, so they should've ran out of ammo long before that.

Its a fictional show, so you must suspend belief in reality (and common sense) for that matter.

joedirt199
11-18-16, 11:12
I just have too high of expectations from my enternaiment community

ericb
11-18-16, 15:01

:sarcastic:

MegademiC
11-18-16, 19:14
TV actors... trying to play a part they never even googled...

Arik
11-18-16, 20:43
TV actors... trying to play a part they never even googled...
Yea that's how acting works.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

whilst
11-18-16, 22:10
dunno about 357 to 9mm, but as a kid I converted quite a bit of .45 L Colt revolver brass to .45 ACP, reloaded some of them many times (Lee Handloader) The dipper was supposedly 5.9 grs of Unique and I used a 230 gr lrn at the time. Mostly I used 3.0 grs of Bullseye, tho. i had to shorten the mainspring and recoil spring. Made my own dipper out of a cut down .38 case and a twist of baling wire.

I used a benchgrinder to get rid of most of the rim, and then handfiled it. Used a 3 cornered file to make the extractor groove. I cut the cases near the cannelure with a hacksaw and then filed them back to the cannelure, and deburred the inside and outside of the case mouths. Winchester virgin unprimed cases at the start. It was all I could get, long story.

whilst
11-18-16, 22:18
ransack a NG or military base for ammo, M9's, M4's for everyone. Everyone also carry a sword, to save ammo and be quiet. If you can't find suppressors, there's bound to be diesel, generators, welders, torches, lathes on a military base, so make your own suppressors. It's just retarded to make noise when you don't have to do so. Agreed about full auto, that's stupid, just as it is in real life (beyond about 10m of range) and more like 5m if you have to hit the brain. It's stupid to be making noise. The only gun I've seen that would make any sense for such a situation is Aaron's suppressed 1022, and no, I'd not want a scope on it. I would, tho, want some sort of DayGlo paint or trijicon luminous sights for it.

I can see them still being able to find (usable) diesel fuel, but not gasoline. There's billions of rds of 223 and .22lr, As fast as people were dying, I bet there'd be lots of it around someplace. But it might be cached and un-findable.

slodsm
11-18-16, 22:19
Did anyone else find this interesting? Wouldn't this only be possible if the Deagle was .357?

They did make a .357, did they also make a .38 Super? Either of those could be rigged for one and done I suppose.

But it's a TV show about people rising from the dead to feast on the living, I don't think overall accuracy of anything is their goal.

SGTMAJ
11-22-16, 13:54
There's billions of rds of 223 and .22lr, As fast as people were dying, I bet there'd be lots of it around someplace. And that is just in the cache that my friends and I have.