PDA

View Full Version : NJ may require 2 forms of ID for ammo purchases

Arik
11-17-16, 12:01
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/16/new-jersey-commission-recommends-two-forms-id-ammo-purchases/

"According to*NJ.com, SCI also recommended lawmakers “adopt an electronic tracking system similar to the one used to monitor prescription drug purchases” so that digital records of ammunition purchases are*readily available".........

"“By plugging into a searchable database, police could determine if there were links between criminal activity and recent ammunition purchases. Further, the database could be used to ‘red flag’ excessive ammunition purchases.”
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Bravo
11-17-16, 12:09
Seriously I can't imagine living there. I don't care what my job was or if I had family there.

223to45
11-17-16, 12:09
excessive? ? They generally think 200 rounds is excessive.

Going to be a lot of wasted investigations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Arik
11-17-16, 12:11
People will just go across state lines into Pa gunshows. Kinda like they do already.

And what if you have ammo they can't account for?

So stupid

Averageman
11-17-16, 12:14
How many bullets do you need to do a Robbery?
Seriously?
I'm just guessing that you could do a lot of criminal activity and not burn through fifty total rounds. Like, an entire criminal lifetime.The idea that these guys are heading out to the range to practice or to shoot some IDPA is almost comical.
It's not the violence that makes people turn over their wallets, or for bank Tellers to empty their cash drawers, (and likely fill their other drawers) it is the threat of violence that does that.
The more effective measure would be to lock up those who use a gun to commit a violent crime for the rest, or perhaps a major part, of their lives.

bighawk
11-17-16, 12:24
Who determines what is considered an "excessive ammunition purchase"? What a waste of time...

ABNAK
11-17-16, 12:37
And how many forms of ID are required to VOTE????????

Whiskey_Bravo
11-17-16, 12:38

racist

Firefly
11-17-16, 12:44
So when do they start carding and tracking box cutters and butcher knives?

Kain
11-17-16, 12:59
Well it is the state that requires a pistol permit and all the bullshit that goes with it to buy a pellet pistol. So....... Is anyone really surprised?

Alex V
11-17-16, 13:04
Stores are supposed to document all ammunition which can be used in handguns and need to see your FPID card.

I order my ammo online because prices in NJ are nuts and WalMart doesn't sell it. Some websites ask for a copy of my FPID AimSurplus, Freedom Munition) some don't (SG Ammo, TargetSports)

If 200 is excessive what the hell is my stockpile considered? LOL. I ran out of room in my condo and had to start storing it in my parents' basement lol

I was not asked for an ID. Just my name, and when they found it I had to sign next to the copy of my signature from when I was 18 and first registered. They asked my wife for her DL when she went before work.

Grand58742
11-17-16, 13:24
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the GCA in 68 require tracking ammo sales and was removed in 1986 because no crime had ever been traced back to a sale?

MegademiC
11-17-16, 16:37
excessive? ? They generally think 200 rounds is excessive.

Going to be a lot of wasted investigations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's a short range trip. No clue...

daniel87
11-17-16, 17:54
Call naacp sharpton flayger and jackson. This is directed at inner city people. Intended to hurt the poor.

Racist

[emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Firefly
11-17-16, 18:21
Sooo.....

One can still buy pressure cookers pretty easy though, right?

Arik
11-17-16, 18:34
Sooo.....

One can still buy pressure cookers pretty easy though, right?
Oh yea.... probably Black Friday sales too!