PDA

View Full Version : Sig P226 Trigger Improvement

Paulinski
09-13-08, 00:51
I just got a first Sig P226R. I was wondering if there is any way to improve the trigger. I find the SA a but mushy.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Grey
09-13-08, 01:59
Bruce Gray of GrayGuns (http://www.grayguns.com/) in Oregon would be a good place to get trigger work done. He did a first rate job on my P228.

I have no affiliation with GrayGuns. He did trigger work on two pistols of one of my training partners. Real first rate work from what I have seen.

John Hearne
09-13-08, 03:00
The Short Reset Trigger (SRT) is a vast improvement to the Sig Classic series. I'd order the SRT parts ($35) and send it to a good gunsmith like Bruce Grey. The Sig has huge potential when properly worked over by someone who knows what they are doing.

.357sigger
09-14-08, 02:13
Another vote for Bruce...he is working on one of my guns as we speak...check out his web site for all of his services:

http://www.grayguns.com/docs/smith_sig.htm

Fail-Safe
09-14-08, 15:46
Bruce is a good choice.

I'd go SRT and then an AEP on top of it.

ToddG
09-16-08, 09:54
For the money, I'd recommend sending it to SIG directly. They'll add the SRT and touch up the trigger nicely. It won't be as light as possible, but it will be a very good reliable, shootable action that is covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Last I knew, the price wasn't too bad, either.

Also, depending on what you're used to, the SIG just may never be "right" in your hands. You can't make a pivoting DA/SA trigger feel like a 1911 trigger. It can be just as shootable but it will feel (and function) different.

Paulinski
09-16-08, 10:01
Thanks for the info everyone.

Yes its a big change for me going from 1911 and Glock to Sig. I find that SA on the Sig is very mushy.

Overall I like the P226 a lot.

SIGfest
09-16-08, 23:27
I would not send it to SIG for an AE. Bruce Gray is alot better choice.

gschoellles
12-16-12, 08:45

Please delete

HKGuns
12-16-12, 09:05
Practice and adjust your shooting to the tool. Trying to turn every pistol's trigger you own into a 1911 trigger is a waste of time and money. With enough practice and focusing on the fundamentals of shooting will get you to a point where you don't even notice the trigger.

Pistol gaming may be the exception to this, but you still have a lot of other time and accuracy eaters to work on before the trigger comes into play in affecting your times.

ozy
12-25-12, 11:57
not so at all- i sent a couple of my sigs to the sig custom shop and they did a terrific job!

Bulletdog
12-26-12, 12:47
Every trigger is going to feel like crap compared to a decent 1911. I agree with HKGuns. Practice practice practice. There is such a thing as too much tinkering with a defensive tool.