PDA

View Full Version : J-Comp - Suppressor attachment?

JediGuy
11-19-16, 13:40
If this belongs in NFA sub-forum, feel free to move it over. I think it would be more of an open question, hence posting here. That out of the way...

Does anyone have much experience with attaching suppressors to the Strike Industries J-Comp? I really like mine, at least compared to the BCM and A2's that I've had; but, I'm also looking at picking up a suppressor soon, and would like to find the best option or compromise for suppressor attachment/detachment. As it is based on the flash hider/comp on Japan's rifle, I thought there might be some crossover in regards to attaching suppressors, etc. I would likely shoot as often without the suppressor as with, due to my location near Illinois.

Otherwise, what are other preferred (and ideally reasonably priced) options for combo flash hiders/compensators that would work well with a suppressor?

Thanks for any feedback.

GH41
11-19-16, 14:36
Let the suppressor you buy drive the muzzle device selection not a $30 J-Comp.

Kdubya
11-19-16, 15:42
I too would be interested to hear about any compatible suppressors for the J-comp. Frankly, a suppressor wasn't really high on my list of future purchases. Now that we've got a chance at purchasing one without big brother's approval, I'm starting to give them a more serious look. Like GH indicates, trying to find one compatible with a J-comp is doubtful to be a priority for me. For the money, I absolutely love the J-Comp. But not enough to let it be a major factor when selecting a suppressor.

IIRC, the J-comp is based off the muzzle device on Japan's Type 89 rifle. So, it might be worth looking into Suppressors that are compatible with the Type 89 rifle. Although, this is relying upon the idea that the J-comp is a copy of the 89. Given Strike Industries' tendency to duplicate, rather than imitate and innovate, I wouldn't be surprised if the J-comp were a 1:1 reproduction.

ColtSeavers
11-20-16, 13:52
Let the suppressor you buy drive the muzzle device selection not a $30 J-Comp.

/thread