PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N6 feedback

iflylo
11-20-16, 01:04
Hey team,

I've been tossing the idea around of adding a AR-10 style battle rifle to my kit. Currently I have a couple 556 carbines and a Scar 17. The two I've been eyeing are the DD5v1 and Noveske N6 308 with adjustable gas block. I want to try and run a larger caliber rifle class, set a 1-8 or 1-10 glass on it.

The Noveske comes at a premium price but I can't find hardly anything online regarding reviews or end user feedback. So anything you can give insight on would be much appreciated. Are both rifles solid? Noveske price justified? I think the DD has a proprietary bcg? Noveske?

What would influence you to one rifle over the other?

Thank you and stay safe

elephantrider
11-20-16, 02:07
The Noveske comes at a premium price but I can't find hardly anything online regarding reviews or end user feedback. So anything you can give insight on would be much appreciated. Are both rifles solid? Noveske price justified? I think the DD has a proprietary bcg? Noveske?

I can't speak to the Daniel Defense, but at $4k, I'd pass on the Noveske. If it is anything like their 5.56 guns, the barrel is probably over-gassed, which is a non-starter for me. Last I checked, the Noveske .308s were AR-10 based, but they could have switched some specs around. I believe their adjustable Switchblock is for suppressed and un-suppressed settings only. For some on this forum, this will be calling their baby ugly, but in general I find Noveske product over-priced for what they actually deliver.

TheChunkNorris
11-20-16, 04:41
Hey team,

I've been tossing the idea around of adding a AR-10 style battle rifle to my kit. Currently I have a couple 556 carbines and a Scar 17. The two I've been eyeing are the DD5v1 and Noveske N6 308 with adjustable gas block. I want to try and run a larger caliber rifle class, set a 1-8 or 1-10 glass on it.

Thank you and stay safe

I'm sure it's just as nice as their other offerings and I've read good things about the DD5v1. Like IflyLO stated, it's an Armlite based upper. I personally own a LMT MWS and absolutely love it, there's a couple other AR-10 type weapons in that price range that are great in the event you choose to look elsewhere(HK MR762 is awesome).

TheChunkNorris
11-20-16, 04:52
I'm sure it's just as nice as their other offerings and I've read good things about the DD5v1. Like IflyLO stated, it's an Armlite based upper. I personally own a LMT MWS and absolutely love it, there's a couple other AR-10 type weapons in that price range that are great in the event you choose to look elsewhere(HK MR762 is awesome).

Pics of my MWS, got it brand new for 2800.00 a couple years back. It has a 16" Chrome lined barrel and can be swapped out easily.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161120/159e6220f81065ea6bfd1d161360ae84.jpg

Greyman09
11-20-16, 05:04
I had an LMT. Moved to Laure. Have never looked back. Very accurate.

themonk
11-20-16, 08:32
At the cost I think you are close enough to save your pennies for the SR-25.

KalashniKEV
11-20-16, 09:22
I want to try and run a larger caliber rifle class, set a 1-8 or 1-10 glass on it.

The Noveske comes at a premium price...

I'm a Noveske guy, and I own a 12.5" Crusader, 8.2" .300 BLK, and 16" Light RECCE.

It sounds like you're looking for a banger to run and gun. I don't think you'd see or feel the advantages of Noveske's excellent QC, high quality barrels mated to the bolt, or faerie dust in that role.

When faced with a similar decision pre-election, I was looking for something in between that role and long range precision- basically a .30 cal DMR.

I looked hard at the new Noveske N6 and read a lot of reviews online, looked over groups posted, etc.

I was also not afraid to drop serious cash, but wanted good value (like any sane person), and was cognizant of the role I was looking to fill.

I went MWS with 16" chrome because of what I was looking to do, and also I liked the idea that later on I could easily rebarrel it with something higher end/ more precision oriented and go back and forth in minutes.

Not to turn this into an MWS thread, but it sounds like it might be even more appropriate for you.

I pick it up on Tuesday and will update the appropriate thread with results after the holiday.

iflylo
11-20-16, 11:26
Thank you for the feedback everyone, different perspective and knowledge when spending this kind of loot is always beneficial. I'll continue to research and even look into the MWS. Update you guys with my results, enjoy your Sunday brothers.

themonk
11-20-16, 11:40
Good ongoing thread you may want to look at - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?189760-SCAR-17S-vs-SR-25-ACC

Spin Drift
11-20-16, 17:19
At the cost I think you are close enough to save your pennies for the SR-25.

+1

ACC in M-Lok.

You won't be starting threads "Help, my .308 is broke dick…".

iflylo
11-20-16, 17:32
An SR25 E2 ACC would pair nicely with my sr15 mod 2. SR25 the upper echelon of rifles. You guys are twisting my arm, I like where this is going...✊��

Stickman
11-20-16, 18:06
Hey team,

Thank you and stay safe

The original N6 is a variant of the Armalite AR10, using a different barrel and rail. N6 production was ceased because John Noveske was not satisfied with the platform. He had a list of changes which needed to be made to bring it to his specifications. The changes were never made, as he was going to bring a totally new .308 to the market. Unfortunately he died, and the persons involved in the project are no longer with the company. The new N6 is the same platform, just no longer using Armalite receivers, and using post- Johnny specs.

Benito
11-20-16, 20:08
The original N6 is a variant of the Armalite AR10, using a different barrel and rail. N6 production was ceased because John Noveske was not satisfied with the platform. He had a list of changes which needed to be made to bring it to his specifications. The changes were never made, as he was going to bring a totally new .308 to the market. Unfortunately he died, and the persons involved in the project are no longer with the company. The new N6 is the same platform, just no longer using Armalite receivers, and using post- Johnny specs.

I am curious what changes John wanted to the Armalite AR-10. Was it something as simple as being able to take more common mags or something more?

Thanks for the input