PDA

View Full Version : The Accountant (Movie)

ColtSeavers
11-20-16, 21:29
Has anyone seen it yet? Looks like it could be a winner, but I am really conflicted on this one whether it really has enough substance to be worth paying for.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2140479/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBfsgcswlYQ

ColtSeavers
11-20-16, 21:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkPJ3aENjvM

tb-av
11-20-16, 22:13
I just can't get past Ben A Flake to see it.

ColtSeavers
11-20-16, 22:20

I agree he comes across as a complete toolbox, but some people seem to really like if not rant and rave about his work, so I figured I'd at least get some opinions here.

SteyrAUG
11-20-16, 22:22

I know, but at the same time Argo was a completely amazing film.

elephant
11-20-16, 22:24
Its a decent movie, only a couple of action scenes, huge twist at the end

SkiDevil
11-21-16, 03:45
I saw the movie a few weeks ago. I am not a Ben Afleck fan and will say that it's a good movie. The character he plays likes plinking with a Barrett .50 Cal. Pretty cool movie with a lot of guns. I think most here would like the movie.

Moose-Knuckle
11-21-16, 05:44
Went to the theater to see it, it's that good.

Total sleeper. Most M4C peeps will enjoy it.

Superb cast and great plot.

Anti-hero vigilante genre about a black money accountant.

Outlander Systems
11-21-16, 06:39
This movie was based on a M4C member.

skywalkrNCSU
11-21-16, 06:43
I really enjoyed it. There was one whole plot line that could've been dropped and I think it would have been better but all around an enjoyable movie to watch. Good action scenes, some good laughs, and an interesting story.

WillBrink
11-21-16, 08:50

This. As a rule, can't stand him in most movies, and adding that he's a tool of a person, I actively avoid his movies as a rule.

Big A
11-21-16, 09:20

But Euro doesn't have Asperger's...

ramairthree
11-21-16, 09:36
So what is the deal,
He is like an Idiot Savant of an operator?

That would be an interesting concept.

My buddy kicked the shit out of some dude his first semester at college for stalking his girlfriend.
Dude never showed back up at college.

five or ten years later he saw Good Will Hunting and said, holy shit, that is the guy!

Bulletdog
11-21-16, 10:15

You're just gonna drop that here? No clues, no hints?

austinN4
11-21-16, 10:21

You really need hints? Seemed pretty obvious to me.

Outlander Systems
11-21-16, 10:26
He likes European Cars, Easy Luvin', Being a Land Sailor, and Long-Range Shooting.

Firefly
11-21-16, 10:34
Stengun's life story :p

austinN4
11-21-16, 10:41
But Euro doesn't have Asperger's...

Some of his posts lately have left me wondering.

Bulletdog
11-21-16, 10:46
He likes European Cars, Easy Luvin', Being a Land Sailor, and Long-Range Shooting.

I didn't see Ben walking with a limp in the trailers...

SteyrAUG
11-21-16, 11:02

Trannies?

Outlander Systems
11-21-16, 11:15
LOL!

What's the amortization rate of a Tranny's Sexual Market Value if the Tranny is afflicted by bedbugs?

Trannies?

Firefly
11-21-16, 11:19
LOL!

What's the amortization rate of a Tranny's Sexual Market Value if the Tranny is afflicted by bedbugs?

He is a Marine, but does anyone bring it up?
No.

He is an Accountant, but does anyone bring it up?
Not really

He builds a rifle, but does anyone call him a gunsmith?
No.

But he gets freaky with just ONE ladyboy.....

:D

BH321
11-21-16, 11:27
So what is the deal,
He is like an Idiot Savant of an operator?

That would be an interesting concept.

My buddy kicked the shit out of some dude his first semester at college for stalking his girlfriend.
Dude never showed back up at college.

five or ten years later he saw Good Will Hunting and said, holy shit, that is the guy!Aspergers, now more correctly identified as Autism Spectrum Disorder, doesn't manifest as a lack of intelligence but as the inability to express and understand others socially. It can also manifest as an extreme avoidance of certain textures/sounds, a rigid adherence to routines, a love for patterns, and narrow interests.

Individuals with autism spectrum disorder are generally socially awkward and that can cause them to make other people uncomfortable. This in turn can lead to further stresses on the individual that make their symptoms worse. They are not "idiots" as you call them and given that I know several individuals who have the disorder I find the inference greatly offensive.

EDIT: The movie is absolutely superb by the way and the character becomes the way he is due to the extremely abusive way in which his father raised him. His upbringing ticks pretty much every block on how you should not raise someone with autism.

Eurodriver
11-21-16, 11:31
I saw this movie with some coworkers. Really good motard movie if you're in the industry. The last time I saw anything pop culture related to CPAs was the song 1985 when they were making fun of that wild chicks husband.

I didn't see Ben walking with a limp in the trailers...

Let the record show
A) This thread derailment is not my fault at all
B) I have never engaged in coitus with anyone with male anatomy.
C) I walk/run excellently now.